EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

very nice mod reminds me of stalker games :www:, is it possible to adjust the clouds height and speed ?

i just want to make the clouds below the apex level of the mountains in takistani map 😛

15 hours ago, AirShark said:

i just want to make the clouds below the apex level of the mountains in takistani map 😛

There's a version for Takistan in the CUP collection.

As well as adding Boars to the Ambient System for Livonia...

...the mod will come with a few extras for use in the Editor.

- A placeable Boar unit found under Civilian>Animals>Terrestrial>WildBoar.

- A placeable Ambient Wild Boar module, found under Systems>Other>Ambient Wild Boars.

🐖

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thebuckfastwine said:

Nice one mate, I was about to load up Livonia.

Just previews at the moment buddy, should be released tomorrow with the caveat of Development Branch. :rthumb:  

• Like 1

E1U7p1H.png

N5TgUX5.jpg

Adds Wildboars to the Eden Editor.

A placeable unit found under Civilian>Animals>Terrestrial>Wildboar.
A placeable module found under Systems>Other>Wildboar.
Both options will spawn a boar who has his own behaviour features such as reacting to human presence and gunfire.
A server key is included.

Credit to cervantes for generously sharing the source files.

**Disclaimer**

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, these boars work just fine once they are placed and in-game, they really are a lot of fun to have around as straight up ambience, they are even fun to stalk and hunt.....but I have a feeling the port is pretty creaky around the seams. 

Take it for what it is and have fun. :rthumb:

Steam Workshop.

Ambient Wild Boars for Livonia (which adds boars to the Ambient System) will be released tomorrow.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Sweet!  Is boar poop object available in your version?  Might be useful for finding spoor in a hunting scenario.

Thanks so much for this EO, it’s really appreciated. If only the devs would get with the program and release a bit.more ambient stuff to flesh out their worlds.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Sweet!  Is boar poop object available in your version?  Might be useful for finding spoor in a hunting scenario.

I dropped the poop scripts. :tounge2:

There were a few reasons, firstly the poop textures wouldn't load properly so the poor guys were shitting pure white poop, secondly they pooped all the time.....i mean all the time, funny the first time, super annoying thereafter. Couple that with the crude fart sounds that complimented the action it made more sense(to me)to lose the poop.

Cervantes posted the source files in his project farmland thread, if you really want boar poop. :icon_biggrin:

@tpw, I thought you would dig this man!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Deleted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to the release - I longed for boars with a believable "wild game" behaviour in RAVAGE for quite some time!  🐗:icon_dj:🐗

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 8:15 PM, EO said:

**Disclaimer**

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, these boars work just fine once they are placed and in-game, they really are a lot of fun to have around as straight up ambience, they are even fun to stalk and hunt.....but I have a feeling the port is pretty creaky around the seams. 

With heavy heart I'm considering pulling this from the Workshop.....It's just proving to be too buggy for reliable and stable game play.

In all honesty it really needs someone who has a better understanding of the source files to make the port a little more solid. 

I've found saving and reloading a simple hunting mission I created is causing either an infinite loading screen or just freezing. Even having the mod loaded seems to cause a few issues, which brings me back to the disclaimer above. ^^

Of course Cervantes source files are still available for anyone wanting to pick this up and maybe make a better fist of it than I have. 

Most of the feedback on the Workshop was initially positive, mostly because there was a new toy in town to play with but latterly there have been a few reports of it being a little buggy as described above. 

If any of you guys from this forum have used the mod I'd appreciate your impressions before I decide whether to keep it around, do you also feel it makes your game feel a little "off" when it's loaded?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cervantes said:

nice works 🙂 

All credit must go to you my friend, you did all the heavy lifting. :rthumb:

Thanks EO for the Fata version !  :wave:

It's really one of my favourite most played maps !

Keep it up !

• Thanks 1

A Vault Dweller over at the Steam Workshop suggested a version of Sullen Skies for Mojave. (terrain for the Aftermath mod)

MU4lS0U.jpg

Kr8qxM3.jpg

0bYGTTp.jpg

Happy to oblige. 

Steam Workshop.

• Like 6

Another one for the Vault Dwellers...

n61BP2S.png

What is Midnight Sun?

WQjjlsG.jpg
Midnight Sun is a natural phenomenon that occurs in the summer months in places north of the Arctic Circle, when the sun remains visible even at midnight.

What are Polar Nights?

GbdkZfA.jpg
The opposite phenomenon, Polar Nights, occur in the winter months, when the sun stays below the horizon throughout the day.

The coordinates used for this mod are taken from Alert, which is located in the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut, Canada.
Alert experiences midnight sun from April 7 to September 4, and polar nights from October 14 to February 28. There are two relatively short periods of twilight from about February 13 to March 22 and the second from September 19 to October 22.

Arctic Latitudes for Mojave changes the Longitude/Latitude values for Mojave to those of the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut, Canada.

Steam Workshop.  

Arctic Latitudes for various other Arma 3 terrains to follow... 

• Like 7

Midday over Landay Airport, Anizay.                                                                                                                                          Arctic Latitudes for Anizay.

evnY9U5.jpg

Steam Workshop.

• Like 9

Les Sables Bay, Malden.

19th April 03:35am.

Arctic Latitudes for Vanilla terrains soon...:icon_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1