EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

@cervantes, this is really great man, thanks a lot. I'll look to implement the boars very soon. :rthumb:

• Like 2

Is there any chance that the wildlife be startled by the loud sound of firearms, explosives and/or vehicles?

@domokun, Unfortunately there isn't, the scope of this mod was to only add animals that weren't included in the vanilla Animals module. Anything other than their basic behaviour, which the module handles, would require some extra scripting and that is something beyond my capabilities. 

Interestingly tho' if you have Ravage loaded, placing down some rabbits with the module, the pesky little buggers will scarper from the player courtesy of @haleks fleeing rabbits scripts...

...so in theory it's possible this fleeing behaviour could be applied to the rest of the land based animals in the game.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, EO said:

...so in theory it's possible this fleeing behaviour could be applied to the rest of the land based animals in the game.

It is possible - but the solution I use is a tad tricky.

I can share some code here if it helps, but basically I attach the rabbit to an invisible infantry AI, and let it do its target detection routine.

The advantage is that infantry are much easier to work with for movements and pathfinding. On the other hand, even if the AI is dumbed down, it still costs more than a basic animal FSM, so there's that to consider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks mate, I've studied your rabbit scripts in the past and your explanation above really helps in understanding how it all works, but I'll respectfully pass on this as a task, but by all means share some code if you find the time, maybe a passing stranger might pick this idea up and run with it.... 

With pleasure 🙂 EO 

I have observed one thing with this rabbit_f class.

A rabbit_f class is auto scripted but we not known where is this script and that is not writing in rabbit config.

Or animalbase config and this script can't be disabled with disableai fsm.

I think you can use my wildboar cfg move for that just define a basic animations stop,walk and run 😉

• Like 2

Speaking of cfg and moves : another reason I had to attach rabbits to humans, is because they just don't run fast enough... I guess BIS never intended them to have a realistic behaviour and flee, seen as rabbits don't even have a suitable animation for fleeing.

Provided that other animals have the proper animations, we could certainly work without invisible humans. 😉

• Like 3

yes haleks a rabbit_f class is autoscripted you need define a new rabbit class yourself with Animal for parent class 😉

i can help you for that i think i can work that fastly 😉

15 minutes ago, cervantes said:

yes haleks a rabbit_f class is autoscripted you need define a new rabbit class yourself with Animal for parent class 😉

i can help you for that i think i can work that fastly 😉

Actually, I left the vanilla FSM intact in Ravage : rabbits behave as usual, the invisible human only takes over once a menace is detected.

• Like 1

ok mate that is now finiched a arma3 rabbits working now exatly same to my wildboar 😉

i have also add all ia scripts in config but you can addeventhandler in your spawn script if you want a static rabbit and create one other scripts for moves or others 😉

enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

domokun sorry i have not see your question ^^

a firing scipts working on the fired event handler im not sure if that working for grenades or others but i think EO and haleks can enhance my scripts for that 🙂

for a vehicle its possible i use nearentities for detect humans we can add all vehicles also 🙂

i working also for add a spawn modules by locations and want add a choices for chooses a animals numbers 🙂

hi guys i have find one issue with my anim scripts.

after one certain amount of agents spawn one strange issue appear.

you can fix that if you add a sleep time in anim.sqf

_agent = _this select 0;

while {alive _agent} do 
{
if !(alive _agent) exitwith {};
if ((alive _agent) && (_agent getvariable "EAT")) then {_agent playMoveNow "WildBoar_Eat";};
if ((alive _agent) && (_agent getvariable "WALK")) then {_agent playMoveNow "WildBoar_Walk";};
if ((alive _agent) && (_agent getvariable "RUN")) then {_agent playMoveNow "WildBoar_Run";};
if ((alive _agent) && (_agent getvariable "STOP")) then {_agent playMoveNow "WildBoar_Stop";};
sleep 0.01;
};

cyaaa 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:09 AM, haleks said:

can share some code here if it helps, but basically I attach the rabbit to an invisible infantry AI, and let it do its target detection routine.

The advantage is that infantry are much easier to work with for movements and pathfinding.

Hi Haleks.  I'm interested in seeing your code for making rabbits run faster.  I might want to apply it to JBOY dog.  It pisses me off that human AI can outrun a dog!  🙂

• Like 3

a3oSJL5.jpg

....also includes ambient rabbits for my Ravage buddies. 🍽️ 

Steam Workshop.

• Like 7

Does your mod change wind speed? 

6 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Does your mod change wind speed? 

No. 

• Thanks 1

rsVEE3m.png

ILopYct.jpg

PA90S84.jpg

c0ZIMOL.jpg

Credit and thanks to the Vertexmacht team for approval.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 6

We can always count on good ol' EO turn a beautiful happy map into a grim depressing place.  <sigh>   Why can't we have sunshine, rainbows and unicorns? 🌞 🌈🦄🍦♥️🎈🌼

(just kidding buddy, great work as always!)

• Haha 4

Sullen Skies for Weferlingen has been updated with a Summer version...

h0sP3ag.jpg

Steam Workshop.

• Like 3

Hahahaha this map was crying for a more depressive looking sky ..knew that it would come soon 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Coming soon...

m9RRNlC.jpg

Ambient Boars for Livonia.

All credit must go to cervantes for the port and generously sharing the source files.  

I have made a few changes such as making the boars slightly darker, I've also dropped the pooping scripts(no pun intended)

As well as adding some much needed wildlife ambience it's also possible to successfully stalk/hunt these guys, you can creep up on them but if you come into their FOV they will flee.

I'm still tweaking the threat radius to make the hunting aspect satisfying as well as adding a few more variants of the boars themselves.

Arma 3 Animals Module-Extended will also be updated with the boars. 

Edit: @Beagle this might scratch that wildlife itch just a little when it's released. :f: 

• Like 10