EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

Sullen Skies tweaks the Cloud and Overcast system for various Arma 3 terrains. 

FeaturesDarker, more turbulent clouds,

No cloudless skies,

Lower base cloud.

Media: 

Spoiler

Sullen Skies collection on Steam Workshop.

Ambient Birds adds crows and eagles to the Ambient Animal System for various Arma 3 terrains.

Media:

Spoiler

Ambient Birds collection on Steam Workshop.

Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended:

This small modification takes the existing Animals Module and adds:
Crows-Eagles-Kestrels-Bees-Houseflies-Dragonflies-Fireflies-Mosquitoes-Dogs-Cockerels-Rabbits-Turtles-Cat Sharks-Mackerel-Mullet-Ornate-Salema-Tuna-Snakes.
It creates a group of animals and handles their basic behaviour.  Hopefully it will help add a little more finer detail when creating missions/scenarios/screenshots etc.

Media:

Spoiler

Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended on Steam Workshop.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Too scary, 1/10.

By the way, did you ever incorporate the default A3 animal sounds into your scripts/mods? There are several animal sounds for a bunch of animals (Crickets, flies, dogs, goats, birds, etc.) within the game that can be referenced without needing to add custom sound files. I think I PM'd you a while back about how to do it.

@phronk,

Regarding the Animals Extended mod, all sounds are present and correct, but never quite managed to get sound for insects working yet, I managed to find the pbo's with the vanilla sounds but struggled to add the correct path to the config, eventually gave up. (I remember the PM you sent, but didn't want to continually bug ya about it)

I'll go back and take a fresh look at implementing them as it's the most popular of all the mods in my workshop.

• Like 1

I really enjoy the sullen skys mod mate, nice little one for ambience time to time. Question though, is there anyway to edit how the night sky would look (in terms of stars etc) because I'd really like to see a night sky for desert maps that reflect what it's really like in the middle east. None of these desert maps can get anymore immersive without a proper realistic night sky

Tried sullen skies. Unfortunately it doesn't really lowers cloud height. It looks like some kind of filter that tries to simulate lower cloud height. If you see a mountain far away which goes above the clouds, it isn't really is above them once you get closer to it(which can cause an issue when player1 can see player2, but player2 cannot see player1).
Another issue is that while the clouds themselvels look good, their transition looks unrealistic.

Thanks for the feedback, although it's a little confusing...

On 10/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, Malcain said:

Unfortunately it doesn't really lowers cloud height. It looks like some kind of filter that tries to simulate lower cloud height.

Sorry, but it does in fact lower base cloud significantly...

Default values: cloudBaseKm=2.8499999  

Sullen Skies values: cloudBaseKm=0.2

• Like 2

BIG THX for creating & sharing & the thread to grab them all, buddy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EO said:

Nothing to do with tweaks made by Sullen Skies, probably more to do with how trueSky renders the weather/cloud system around the player.

Regarding the player1/player2 thing you mention, in a MP environment the only weather that is properly synchronised on a server is fog and rain, however overcast values (which is what Sullen Skies modifies) aren't synchronised so client and server can have differing overcast values.  

But hey....at least there's no ads! :hehe:

Weather can be synchronized in MP via scripting. It was a hard thing to accomplish, but on my server all players have same overcast/wind values dynamicly changing along with fog and rain.

As for cloud height, I guess it's either due to how the sullen skies clouds are rendered, or due to how cloudbasekm operates (because you can go above the clouds with truesky). I will try to turn off sullen skies rendering and watch how it works without it, maybe that will help.

Yeah, it's just a feedback, thanks for a try, I was looking for mod that operates with cloud height and look, will let you know if I manage to make it suit MP environment (and thanks for no ads :'Ъ)

On 16.10.2018 at 11:07 PM, EO said:

Nothing to do with tweaks made by Sullen Skies, probably more to do with how trueSky renders the weather/cloud system around the player.

Regarding the player1/player2 thing you mention, in a MP environment the only weather that is properly synchronised on a server is fog and rain, however overcast values (which is what Sullen Skies modifies) aren't synchronised so client and server can have differing overcast values.  

But hey....at least there's no ads! :hehe:

Unfortunately it appeared to mostly be caused by arma rendering issue, no way for us to have proper clouds below mountains until arma 4 I guess:(
While I like how sullen skies clouds look, the way they move is not looking good either, but again, it's not a mod problem, but arma's very limited use of TrueSky technology :C

nice work EO contact me if you want add arma2 wildboar in your next update i have imported a 3d models and skeleton and animations working very fine on A3 ;)

just need add corectly a fsm scripts because Animal_f and rabbit_f class not working fsm writing in config and use a deffaut Animal_f and rabbit_f fsm scripts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 10/01/2019 at 12:55 PM, cervantes said:

....contact me if you want add arma2 wildboar in your next update i have imported a 3d models and skeleton and animations working very fine on A3 ;)

Thanks man!....sounds like a good plan.

Look out for a PM. :f:

• Like 3

Next up...

WfPv48T.jpg

Coming soon. :thumb:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended (Underwater Update)

WfPv48T.jpg

Added: Turtles, Catsharks, Mackerel, Mullet, Ornate, Salema and Tuna.

Updated: Signature and Server Key.

Spoiler

also includes a slippery snake bonus...

ljs4K9R.jpg

This latest update completes the module with all available Arma 3 animals.  :rthumb:            

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Hi EO nice work 🙂

i have so finich to implementing a Arma2 wildboar for A3 🙂

i post soon one movie i just need finich to write my IA scripts for that 🙂

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cervantes said:

I have so finich to implementing a Arma2 wildboar for A3 🙂

i post soon one movie i just need finich to write my IA scripts for that 🙂

Very nice cervantes, I follow your work for Project farmland with keen interest. Hopefully we can work towards implementing the boar into this module too. :rthumb: 

• Like 2

Wildboars in Arma 3! At last! 🤩 If I can just remember where I put that unfinished anti-poacher mission of mine...

The other stuff by EO is great too, can hardly wait!

• Like 2

i have finich today the IA scripting

you can discovering a details of this script on my topic you can also download all files for your works🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2