4 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

Yes sir, that's exactly what I mean. I typically set up missions commanding a platoon with various elements, so being able to command them through your interface would be awesome compared to BIS clunky high command system, though Igitur's High Command Converter mod remedies most of the annoyances/left out features.

I figure you might find this handy too!
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30999
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685037021

New version available on GitHub:

https://github.com/leopard20/Tactical-Satellite-Feed/releases/tag/v1.45

Changelog:
Fixed:

• Temporary solution for units going in circles!

Improved:

• Added tooltips to the UI buttons + some font changes.
  • Button text size now depends on user interface size. This should prevent too big / too small texts.
  • Misc tweaks to the unit movement.

Please let me know if the new font size changes are causing problems for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic mod. Is there a chance to make the camera move out much more? At least if FOG of War is deactivated?

7 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Fantastic mod. Is there a chance to make the camera move out much more? At least if FOG of War is deactivated?

Thanks.

There's already an option in CBA settings (GAME OPTIONS > ADDON OPTIONS > Tactical satellite feed) which can extend the camera distance up to 300m. 

I'll extend this limit in the next update (the current mod doesn't need this, at least for path drawing, because longer path deteriorates performance)

The next version will feature automated path generation and improved path correction (the path drawing through buildings is vastly improved, plus there's less chance of units moving through objects) with adjusted path spacing to reduce draw instances, so the extended distance shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. it would be great, if we could zoom further out for tactical planning. Moving the map withWASD would be also nice.

What's the ETA for next update?

6 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Very nice. it would be great, if we could zoom further out for tactical planning. Moving the map withWASD would be also nice.

What's the ETA for next update?

For some reason, "zooming out" beyond 100 m (relative to player) causes the player to turn into a ghost and move through objects! At least it did when I first made this mod (I think the game version was 1.84-ish). I'll test again to see if things have changed. If it's not fixed, I'll add a slider setting for it similar to the camera distance one.

At the moment, the path generation function (which generates a path simply by clicking on the new position, so no need for drawing) isn't complete. It still needs a lot of work before it's complete, probably 3-4 weeks because I'm also working on other mods.

But I'll release an update next weak to address the "ghost" issue for AI as well as improved path correction through building and objects, plus some performance improvements. The changes you requested will be implemented as well.

Brilliant work Leopard! Thank you for all your work on this. It’s an excellent mod and great to use in combination with C2. 

There is another thing which I wanted to check with you. I was using the mod during a mission while I had a Darter in the air. For some reason the path finding in your mode became unreliable. Basically infantry was running in circles around waypoints and got stuck. Is this a known bug and related to the other Darter being in the air?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

Brilliant work Leopard! Thank you for all your work on this. It’s an excellent mod and great to use in combination with C2. 

There is another thing which I wanted to check with you. I was using the mod during a mission while I had a Darter in the air. For some reason the path finding in your mode became unreliable. Basically infantry was running in circles around waypoints and got stuck. Is this a known bug and related to the other Darter being in the air?

No. It's because of a "loophole" in the code that keeps the direction changing onEachFrame code running. It happens more often if your FPS is low or you have selected multiple units. I've managed to fix most loopholes so far but there are still some left. Plus I need to write a faster code because this one is really slow. I'll see what I can I do.

• Like 2

Got it, thank you. My FPS was indeed low during that mission. 

I am planning to set up my own Arma server on my second computer to play solo missions. Would your adding work on this server?

2 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Got it, thank you. My FPS was indeed low during that mission. 

I am planning to set up my own Arma server on my second computer to play solo missions. Would your adding work on this server?

Sadly, no. But I'll probably add some basic MP features in the future updates (not the next one, there won't be enough time).

Hi Leopard, 

cant believe to play without your mod anymore. When do you think is the update coming out?

thanks

2 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi Leopard, 

cant believe to play without your mod anymore. When do you think is the update coming out?

thanks

Hi.

Right now I'm finishing another mod, which will be released in 2-3 days. After that I'll work on updating this one.

I'm really busy these days so I can't give you an exact release date. It may take 4-7 days from now. 

Hi Leopard,

A few more ideas which might improve the flow of actions:

1) add a function that TSL starts in planning mode

2) hold right mouse + moving: moves the map around

3) Hold middle mouse + moving turns the map

4) map can be moved by WASD and turned with Q and E

5) hotkeys to select units AND teams (eg team green) instead of clicking on them

6) Same button which opens the satellite view should also close it (toggle)

12 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi Leopard,

A few more ideas which might improve the flow of actions:

1) add a function that TSL starts in planning mode

2) hold right mouse + moving: moves the map around

3) Hold middle mouse + moving turns the map

4) map can be moved by WASD and turned with Q and E

5) hotkeys to select units AND teams (eg team green) instead of clicking on them

6) Same button which opens the satellite view should also close it (toggle)

Thanks for the ideas.

By map, do you mean the camera (i.e. UAV) or do you actually mean the map? My mod doesn't use the map at all!

The reason I don't move the UAV with WASD buttons is because I wanted the player to be controllable (so he could, e.g. move if came under fire)

Sorry, I meant to say camera and not map. 

I think WASD has more utilisation to move the camera. I personally don’t move my character when I use the camera. If I get under fire I quickly exit the view. But this is obviously just my opinion. Other users might do it differently. 

Thanks for all your work Leopard. Really appreciate your interaction with the community. It is a great mod for people like me who play only solo with small squads.