2 hours ago, Riksen said:

This is an amazing addition to the game! Thanks for this Leopard.

Question, is there a way to have the camera look straight down as soon as the L key is pressed instead of having it start horizontally and the adjust vertically? For me, it does happen when it is day out and during the second L button press but at night it does not. I'm not sure Im making much sense here lol

Uh. That. It's because of an engine bug where the hidden vehicles (or maybe just UAVs?) do not become hidden at nights, which is why I need to delete the darter when it's dark but it's fine to keep it during the day.  That's why the camera behaves differently at nights. I'll try to find a better solution in the next release. 

3 hours ago, sammael said:

would be cool to have a special button for vehicles. For example draw path to the heli  pilot while sitting in gunner position....

Unfortunately I don't have any plans for adding vehicle support to my mod. After all, my mod completely overrides the AI behavior and it's not really a good thing on vehicles (vehicles do not have moving "animations", so I need to use setPos and stuff like that to move them. It's not gonna be pretty!)

You can use C2 and my other mod (All-in-One Command Menu) for that.

• Like 1

New version available on GitHub:
https://github.com/leopard20/Tactical-Satellite-Feed/releases/tag/v1.2

Changelog:

Tweaks:

• Instead of deleting the UAV at nights, move it out of sight! Thanks to @Riksen for feedback!
  • Improved FoW: Fixed a loophole where enemies might've become hidden after save/load (e.g. the player died while cam was open)

P.S: The name of the manual is changed from: "Tactical Satellite Feed - Readme" to "Tactical Satellite Feed - Manual". You can delete the readme one from the mod folder to avoid confusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great Mod Leopard! SP Arma will never be the same :)

• Thanks 1

Im having a problem when i press L in game, the camera will not switch to top down view and the buttons on flash briefly before dissappearing.

38 minutes ago, elem3nt0 said:

Im having a problem when i press L in game, the camera will not switch to top down view and the buttons on flash briefly before dissappearing.

This means that either somehow the camera is switched back to player or the UAV is not created at all... hmm

What addons do you use besides CBA?

Oh  boy, that is a long answer.  I will reply when i find a way to export a list.

1 hour ago, elem3nt0 said:

Oh  boy, that is a long answer.  I will reply when i find a way to export a list.

Just go to Documents > ARMA 3 and open the file arma3.cfg (or maybe one of the others) with notepad. Then copy the part that says "mods" or something!

Use the "eye" icon (i.e. spoilers icon) at the top when you paste it here to hide the list (to avoid annoying others) or just send it to me via PM.

BTW, did you mean the top-down view doesn't work at all or does it work at least once?

Did you try testing it in editor or are you using it in a mission?

Sorry for asking too much but all these details are important!

Good morning Leopard,

Quick question, if you don't mind ... Is it possible to also have keyboard keys for the camera movement instead of only the mouse? 

Thank you sir!

6 hours ago, Riksen said:

Good morning Leopard,

Quick question, if you don't mind ... Is it possible to also have keyboard keys for the camera movement instead of only the mouse? 

Thank you sir!

Good "Morning" to you too! ;)

I don't think it's a good idea. The player's movement is not locked when you open the cam, which means the keys you use when controlling the player still apply (most, not all). It's actually a good thing because you can still react to the situation while the cam is still open.

Besides, I personally can't find any set of keys on my keyboard that I don't use in the game! ARMA uses lots of keys!

There's another thing that makes it not work as well as the mouse, and it's the "keyDown" event handler. The way it fires is very erratic and thus the camera movements might not be so smooth as they are with mouse (try the Q and E keys when in locked mode to rotate the player, you'll see how annoying it is!)

Also, diagonal directions don't work very well either (e.g. Up + Left), because each key fires at a time different from the other, and they may not overlap, thus causing another erratic motion (especially at lower FPS).

If you're still not convinced, I could create an exclusive version for you! ;)

Ha ha ... no worries Leopard! I'm convinced my friend and what you say makes sense. Thank you!

On 8/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, Leopard20 said:

Just go to Documents > ARMA 3 and open the file arma3.cfg (or maybe one of the others) with notepad. Then copy the part that says "mods" or something!

Use the "eye" icon (i.e. spoilers icon) at the top when you paste it here to hide the list (to avoid annoying others) or just send it to me via PM.

BTW, did you mean the top-down view doesn't work at all or does it work at least once?

Did you try testing it in editor or are you using it in a mission?

Sorry for asking too much but all these details are important!

I opened the file you suggested, but there is nothing about mods. Probably because i use a third party mod launcher such as Arma3Sync. Maybe it will be easier if i just screenshot my mod list for you. Thank you for helping me, especially since you are in no way obligated or expected to help me since i am using mods and there is probably nothing wrong with your mod at all, likely just a conflict with another mod which is not your problem in any way. Thank you.

Oh and to answer your questions.  No, it does not switch to top down view at all and i get an error message saying something about creating a camera. I tested in Editor.

5 hours ago, elem3nt0 said:

I opened the file you suggested, but there is nothing about mods. Probably because i use a third party mod launcher such as Arma3Sync. Maybe it will be easier if i just screenshot my mod list for you. Thank you for helping me, especially since you are in no way obligated or expected to help me since i am using mods and there is probably nothing wrong with your mod at all, likely just a conflict with another mod which is not your problem in any way. Thank you.

Oh and to answer your questions.  No, it does not switch to top down view at all and i get an error message saying something about creating a camera. I tested in Editor.

That's really strange. Please take a screenshot of the error too. Thanks.

BTW I just checked. Your mods "should" be listed under the class "ModLauncherList".

New version available on GitHub:
https://github.com/leopard20/Tactical-Satellite-Feed/releases/tag/v1.4

Changelog:

Improved:

Significantly improved the overall fluidity of the mod (very noticeable at low FPS). Movement should work much better at low FPS (as low as ~20)

This version might cause a high CPU usage on weak CPUs (doesn't happen for me, with a core i7 laptop CPU @3.2 GHz). Please leave a feedback if this happens for you.

• Like 2

same as previos version. Working like a charm. One question - is there way to draw less waypoint dots?

My game lag when I draw path for 20 AI cause a lot of wayponints-dots next to each other And camera movement slow down . When I swith to game game work smooth

Spoiler

2f557f903190.png

35 minutes ago, sammael said:

same as previos version. Working like a charm. One question - is there way to draw less waypoint dots?

My game lag when I draw path for 20 AI cause a lot of wayponints-dots next to each other And camera movement slow down . When I swith to game game work smooth

Reveal hidden contents

2f557f903190.png

Try the settings menu (T key) when the cam is open. There are some options that can help performance!

The buttons from top to bottom:

- Hide the connecting lines - these are the slowest.

- Show path for only 1 unit (last drawn unit)

- Hide all paths!

• Like 1

Hey Leopard! @Leopard20

Thanks for great work
Does your mod has steam workshop link that i can download this mod?

Cant find it there..

19 minutes ago, omri2050 said:

Hey Leopard! @Leopard20

Thanks for great work
Does your mod has steam workshop link that i can download this mod?

Cant find it there..

Hi. No

Hey Leopard, great mod here! Is high command support something you may be interested in implementing in the future or is that out of the scope of the mod? I love the interface, and it would be awesome to implement something at a platoon level.

8 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

Hey Leopard, great mod here! Is high command support something you may be interested in implementing in the future or is that out of the scope of the mod? I love the interface, and it would be awesome to implement something at a platoon level.

Thanks!

If by high command support you mean controlling other squads the same way you control yours, then maybe yeah! Otherwise, no! Because that requires creating other mechanics for the mod which I neither have time for nor am interested in.

1 minute ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks!

If by high command support you mean controlling other squads the same way you control yours, then maybe yeah! Otherwise, no! Because that requires creating other mechanics for the mod which I neither have time for nor am interested in.

Yes sir, that's exactly what I mean. I typically set up missions commanding a platoon with various elements, so being able to command them through your interface would be awesome compared to BIS clunky high command system, though Igitur's High Command Converter mod remedies most of the annoyances/left out features.