Ihantala terrain is based on the real world area but has been edited quite a lot,
Summer and Winter version
Cell size 2

4x4km

Winter version
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1494127420
Summer version
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1494115712

Pictures

https://imgur.com/a/NpOwBj6

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Some really fantastic work being done by the Frontline folks!

Looking forward to this,

Glad that Finland is getting lots of coverage in ARMA 3 modding. :f:

Hello! I would like to stress that Temppa is very good (ideal - should I say?) at making maps that are fit for PvP gameplay and he really feels how to make the terrain just righttm.

On his maps, you'll always find lots of rocks, ditches and other objects obstructing the view that allow you to take cover from enemy fire - it's something that lots of PvE terrain makers forget about: in PvP you also are on the receiving end, all the time.

While sniping everything that moves 2km away with your uber anti-tank rifle may be fun (for some people, huh...), being repeatedly sniped from 2km away is definitely not fun!

I seriously recommend ANY of his maps if you're a PvP group looking for a good terrain for your group!

• Like 2

Loving the look of the pictures, about time we got some more 4K stuff on the go in arma! 

Cant wait to grab this beauty by the little bumps and ditches. As already said, those small cell sizes make for awesome infantry friendly PvP battles. Very happy to see another one of yours.

the pictures are looking great. with each new terrain you release they get better and better. this one shows a lot of detail, good lighting, great colors, and a high level of authenticity and atmosphere. it looks like you've got the satellite, mid-range, close-range, and objects all blending together in perfect harmony, which really enhances the look of the terrain. and you plan on including a winter version too! I very much look forward to the release of this terrain. I would love to some day see you tackle larger terrains, you are very good at what you do.

Looks absolutely amazing. I love that there's a winter version; the snow detail looks great.

Hoping to see this level of detail in larger maps (15x15km, 20x20km) at some point as well.

you make absolutely amazing maps. they are so detailed, so authentic, so convincing, and so realistic. your latest work here with ihantala is a prime example. you have a real talent for making maps. I might even say you've got a sort of Midas touch for making them, everything you touch turns to gold. I don't know if you're receptive to suggestions but if you are, I have some ideas, you can see in the spoiler. if not, just ignore and sorry for the bother!

Spoiler

I think it would be nice to see you do an Afghanistan terrain (however, don't feel like you only have to do one!). I know you are probably thinking there are already enough desert maps made, but to be honest, most of the ones out there are not very good. most are outdated and many are not very authentic or detailed. anyways, much of Afghanistan is not really desert at all, much of the country is green and lush and has an interesting landscape. most of the action in Afghanistan takes place in two kinds of environments: rural settlements situated on valley floors or terraces in the tall mountainous regions of eastern Afghanistan, or wide, lush agricultural river valleys in central and northwestern Afghanistan. I would love to see you do an agricultural valley type area. these river valleys can be many kilos wide and usually have foothills at the edges of the valley, with rivers running through the center. in the valley there are many villages, compounds, irrigation ditches, bridges over bodies of water, and berms between fields. this presents an opportunity for all kinds of formations that can make interesting and fun gameplay. the ditches and irrigation channels can be cover or obstacles during maneuver. the compounds and villages provide good locations for defense or placing objectives, along with making good CQB locations. if the terrain were to include foothills, these would also provide a place where troops can go to and get overlook over the valley. bridges can bottleneck movement and become a target to prevent troops from crossing bodies of water. these valleys have many trees, hedges, and crops which can act as concealment, they break up one's line of sight and troops can use crops to conceal their movement. here are some pictures for inspiration and reference https://imgur.com/a/UAakFqg

the mountainous regions are more tricky but can be cool. these areas are pretty lush too, lots of tree cover, much of the ground is covered by green grass. if the slopes are not covered by trees, they will often have many shrubs and bushes. really rocky and rugged terrain. fields are terraced often unless the valley is wide enough for them to sit flat at the bottom. there is a TON of vertical variation which adds interesting elements to the game. limited visibility from the rugged and narrow terrain. rocks, boulders, and trees act as cover. villages are very compact and make for good CQB or cover if you're getting fired at from the opposite mountain side. here are some pictures of this kind of area. https://imgur.com/a/FonQdYa

if you decide you want to do any of this, I can find you more images if you would like, so you can get a better idea of what things may look like on the ground.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

you make absolutely amazing maps. they are so detailed, so authentic, so convincing, and so realistic. your latest work here with ihantala is a prime example. you have a real talent for making maps. I might even say you've got a sort of Midas touch for making them, everything you touch turns to gold. I don't know if you're receptive to suggestions but if you are, I have some ideas, you can see in the spoiler. if not, just ignore and sorry for the bother!

Thanks for the kind words, maybe i could try to make a desert terrain.

• Like 5

Wery nice map mate. one of the best i ever seen.

I didt writh you at steam to

OMG! These two maps are perfect for some of my scenarios! Thank you!!!

Already subscribed the summer map, will check it out in the editor later. Looked pretty indeed.

Summer version updated to 1.01 version.
 - Changed all houses/vegetation to vanilla.
 - Removed cup core dependency

8129F35024E8A398D39A8ED24DF203EDBE6AB68D
E3F8791BA1EC999C27A9C08E17C482B74CE5C8E6

• Like 7