Sign in to follow this  
hover_dude

The cypher

cypherprogress2.JPG

i based mine on the ones out of mgs 2

this is the real 1

the real cypher

so what you think people, also i have no idea how to get this ingame yet, so any idea will be great !

edit:rakphwiggum: image size > 100 kb

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hover_dude @ Dec. 21 2002,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cypherprogress2.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that is a very attractive big red cross...... xmas.gif

You could make it like a helicopter.

I have no idea what that is used for by the way.

Is it a flying saucer used to frighten the enemy?

But it looks like a chopper. So I would base it on a chopper.

afaik its an un-manned recon/scout thing, but tbh im not quite sure how we would be able to use it as irl its remotely controlled

thats the problem, i mean if it is not possible to make it remote controlled then i wont waste my time, i just wondered if it is possible to make the man sit at a chair or something and not move whilst the cypher flys around

so the optics will be the cyphers image and the 3rd person and 1st person views will be of the man sitting at his chair with his remote control

I've based mine as a chopper since the real thing seems to be able to hover and uses rotating blades. The only problem I'm running into though- is that the cypher isn't very stable (flipping and shaking) flying on larger maps and requires a heavy and wide bottom on the geometry lod because of its small size (which creates the problem of getting through narrow door ways of buildings). I tested mine on the desert island (smaller map) and i had it flying pretty stable without exagerating the geometry.

I'm not sure if the size of the model is the problem for it flying unstably or just something that needs to be fixed in the center of gravity (which I've been testing with no other luck other than a wide and heavy bottom signifigantly lower than the rest of the model-about 2 to 3 meters).

The concept would be great if it can be scripted- in multiplayer if someone actually menuvered it, then there is no problem.

Just thought I would put in a lil bit of testing results!

I sent an email to you but didn't get a reply back

well happy holidays all!!!

Bullz_eye

Bullz_eye_on_my_back

i did mail ya back

any way if u have msn messenger add me to ya contact biggrin.gif

Well, I just fixed the whole problem of not being able to go through doorways and into buildings, but for some reason everyonce in a while it will start flying like its strafing to one side and it gets hard to make a turn. I'm going to fool around with the geometry a bit and see what i can come up with. Just wanted to give an update!

Thanks

Bullz_eye