tortuosit

Visual Studio Code for SQF scripting - Awesome?

Hey guys,

I always used pspad plus syntaxhighlighter for my SQF coding. Wasn't aware of that "Microsoft Visual Studio Code" open source project. And it is so awesome! The editor/IDE loads up fast, it has such a simple download of extensions (There are ArmA extensions! Syntax Highlighting easily downloadable). Highly configurable and has great keyboard shortcut support... All that stuff that programmers need like folding etc... I instantly love it and associated quite a few file types. I'm not a paid programmer, so this is exactly what I need.

And those file system breadcrumbs... great.

Anyone else using VS Code? https://code.visualstudio.com/

Tort

I see, I am not alone :) BTW - The Syntax highlighter by Vladislav Sazonov claims to support ArmA 3 1.82.

I was using Atom before and switched over to VS Code. It's less resource intensive, faster and has nicer plugins.
Take a look at SQFLint too while you're at it. https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=skacekachna.sqflint

Also SkaceKamen is working on a new thing together with me. Here is a small teaser:

2018-06-08_23_30_59-Extension_Developmen

SQF Debugging incoming o7

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Personally, my favorite thing about using VSCode and its extensions is the definitions. Forgot the exact syntax of a command? Hover your mouse over it and give you a link right to the BI Wiki page for it. Once I started using it, I don't think I could write scripts without it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XianGrim said:

Personally, my favorite thing about using VSCode and its extensions is the definitions. Forgot the exact syntax of a command? Hover your mouse over it and give you a link right to the BI Wiki page for it. Once I started using it, I don't think I could write scripts without it.

OMG, didn't know this. Even more awesomeness. SQFlint required for this. Why didn't I even know about the existence of VSCode...?

Haha, this way I found out that we now can have seeded randomness :)

sublime2 or 3 works fine as well :X there is also a pluggin for sqf :)

@Dedmen it looks awesome! When can we expect a release?

27 minutes ago, Mr H. said:

When can we expect a release?

Once SkaceKamen got through his finals and has time again to continue working on the project ^^
I'm taking care of the Arma Debugger side and he's making the VSCode Integration.

• Thanks 1