ASMREuphoria

Payed for DLC, now cant play online

I'm new to ARMA 3 and really enjoyed the game. That is until I bought DLC Bundle (Jets, Tac ops, Tanks and 1 more i cant remember).

Before trying to install these DLC, I was able to play on almost any server I wanted if ping rate didn't interfere. I payed for these DLC on August 11 2018 and haven't been able to play a game online since.

Now I am not very technically inclined especially when it comes to all the Modding and using different platforms to interface ie steam and Bohemia. I could be barking up the wrong tree on this thread but not sure what questions i need to ask or what info ya'll need.

The most I can tell you is that i fell for the clickbait on the battleye screen to buy the JETS DLC. It routed me to BOHEMIA website to buy it. Then I decided to get the bundle instead. Then it sent me to steam to install it and i couldn't find it anywhere. In steam i clicked on ARMA3 and went to DLC area and all boxes are checked. However none of the above mentioned DLC were on the list. Anyway I got frustrated and decided to work on it later. When i tried to play online, i got all kinds of different things to happen but was never able to play more than 20 seconds before being kicked. Examples of some of the issues are: I would get to the role assignment page and be able to select my spot but it would freeze on that page. I could hear other players speaking and playing but it just froze on that screen. Another issue would be that i would get my player loaded and play for about 20 seconds and then be kicked with no message telling me why. I purposely look for servers where my ping rate is highlighted green and I still get kicked.

Before I tried installing DLC, no problems.

In closing I'm really bummed because I really like this game and would love to be able to play normally again. sorry for the long winded explanation and atrocious grammar.

ANYBODY PLEASE HELP

Thanks in advance

First things first. Have you tried to verify your install? (Game -> Properties-> Verify Integrity of game files). Additionally, and this is just to verify that you've received what you've paid for, go into the DLCs tab (in properties as well) and ensure that you do indeed have the DLCs. 

I'm running late for work so will add more later. 

If you could, be specific about which servers you are joining, which mods they require, their location, your ping, etc.
acts! To best help you troubleshoot, facts are needed. 

daeG9ra.pngI honestly was not expecting such a quick response. I apologize for the late response. I have tried to verify my install. The message I got was "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired." 

I also checked DLCs tab and discovered they were not there.

Thank you for the quick response. I will check more frequently for notifications.

Also how would I insert screenshots so I can show you exactly what I see?

1. Upload image to desired website like imgur, Steam or whatever else you like.

2. In right bottom corner, click 'Insert other media' >> 'Insert image from URL' and paste the link to your image.

Bo7WSj3.png

7YfBfsv.png

Um6tKVi.png

UPDATE: I was able to validate install. Thank you guys for your help. Any ideas how to find those DLCs?

17 hours ago, ASMREuphoria said:

UPDATE: I was able to validate install. Thank you guys for your help. Any ideas how to find those DLCs?

Glad to hear it. Generally it's a good idea to validate after every major update as well. If you are getting kicked all the time in MP for example, then validate the installation.

What do you mean, how to find DLC? Downloadable content is integrated into the main game. DLC missions and campaigns are available in singleplayer section of main menu (top-left). You can browse trough all DLC assets like weapons, vehicles, objects and maps in Eden editor.

Mission you play dictates what assets are used. You cannot use any weapon or vehicle in any mission.

You can always try to create your own mission with assets and objectives you like trough Eden editor though. It's really not hard to make something basic. See sticky topics in ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING section.

I purchased some extra DLC (Jets, Laws of war, Tac ops and Tanks). I went through the installation on the Bohemia side but when the installation routed me to steam, all that came up was the steam homepage. No option to install the DLC. DLC is nowhere to be found in steam unless I'm missing something.

1 hour ago, ASMREuphoria said:

No option to install the DLC. DLC is nowhere to be found in steam unless I'm missing something.

KiAcyKs.png

@Harzach The DLC I am referring to are Jets, laws of war, tac ops and tanks. None of those are listed in my screenshot. Again I purchased them on the Bohemia website, installed as prompted until it routed me to steam then nothing.

UPDATE- I was able to go back to Bohemia website and track down my purchases. It prompted me again to redeem through steam. This time it worked perfectly. I now have the extra DLC.

Still working out issues for online play and will keep everyone posted.

Again thank you everyone that took the time to help me out. You have all been very helpful.

Sorry, I didn't read closely enough.

I wasn't aware you could buy Arma + DLCs directly from BI anymore, glad you got it sorted!