stburr91

How do you delete/destroy a ir grenade

How do you delete/destroy a ir grenade.

I have a ir grenade attached to a boat that gets para dropped,, the ir grenade is used to locate the boat.  I want to delete/destroy the ir grenade after I get to the boat. 

I searched, but couldn't find out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks

8 hours ago, Harzach said:

How are you creating the grenade?

I was just putting it down in the editor, and attaching it to the ammo crate.

Hmm, I assume you are using the effect module? Running deleteVehicle on the module will only remove the grenade object, not the effect. You need to DV the effects themselves, which I guess you can dig up in the config viewer? Out of time for now, but maybe you can figure that part out, or someone smarter than me will jump in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Hmm, I assume you are using the effect module? Running deleteVehicle on the module will only remove the grenade object, not the effect. You need to DV the effects themselves, which I guess you can dig up in the config viewer? Out of time for now, but maybe you can figure that part out, or someone smarter than me will jump in.

Yep, you can't deleteVehicle the effect, I tried that already. I tried to detach, and attach it to some other object out of sight, that doesn't work either.  

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Check here :

That worked, thanks George. 

Also, thanks Harzach for trying to help, I appreciate people in the community jumping in to help.  

• Thanks 1