FoxtrotF

Helicopter and Waypoints

Hello guys!

WP's drives me mad, please help.

- Player piloting heli

- AI group move and loads into  the heli

- Player flying to the WP and unloads the AI group

- AI Group moves to the WP which is near the extraction area.

- Player heli moves to the distanr WP

How this can be done using only WPs? with the first part everything is ok, but I unable to unload the group on destination WP, no matter what combination of th WP's I'm using.

Does the pilot-player has a "land"-waypoint, where to land?
Then syncronize the GETIN-Waypoint from the AI with the pilots "LAND" or "LOAD"-WP.
To get the AI out of the chopper use a GETOUT-WP and sync it.

AI: --------------------- GETIN ------------------------- GETOUT ------------------MOVE ----------etc.
                                    |                                           |
Player: -----------LAND/LOAD -----------------LAND/UNLOAD -----------MOVE ----------etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purzel said:

Does the pilot-player has a "land"-waypoint, where to land?
Then syncronize the GETIN-Waypoint from the AI with the pilots "LAND" or "LOAD"-WP.
To get the AI out of the chopper use a GETOUT-WP and sync it.

AI: --------------------- GETIN ------------------------- GETOUT ------------------MOVE ----------etc.
                                    |                                           |
Player: -----------LAND/LOAD -----------------LAND/UNLOAD -----------MOVE ----------etc.

Thank you for the reply. AI Group keep siting in the heli, no matter what I do, but with both AI, they work as should.

I understand you only want way-points but that might not be possible. A good and relatively simple idea would be:

1.] Name the units who get in the chopper and the chopper with whatever name you like.

2.] Create a trigger where the player pilot is to land. A 50x50 area or whatever else you find suitable.

3.] Sync the player with the trigger.

4.] Condition:

this && isTouchingGround name_of_player_here

5.] On activation:

name_of_unit_in_chopper action ["Eject",name_of_vehicle_flown_by_player];

All done.

What the trigger does is check if the player is where he is supposed to land and if he is on the ground. If both conditions are met the unit boarding the chopper is ejected from the helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you you guys so much for the help! Very appreciated!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 2:00 AM, FoxtrotF said:

How this can be done using only WPs?

Don't stick to WPs exclusively.

Stuff like that is way easier to pull off using script commands, once you wrap your head around it.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 4:48 PM, JohnKalo said:

I understand you only want way-points but that might not be possible. A good and relatively simple idea would be:

1.] Name the units who get in the chopper and the chopper with whatever name you like.

2.] Create a trigger where the player pilot is to land. A 50x50 area or whatever else you find suitable.

3.] Sync the player with the trigger.

4.] Condition:

this && isTouchingGround name_of_player_here

5.] On activation:

name_of_unit_in_chopper action ["Eject",name_of_vehicle_flown_by_player];

All done.

What the trigger does is check if the player is where he is supposed to land and if he is on the ground. If both conditions are met the unit boarding the chopper is ejected from the helicopter.

How would I go on about making the final task succeed for the player to land on the USS Liberty after taking off from it?

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask.

4 hours ago, SNAIP_ said:

How would I go on about making the final task succeed for the player to land on the USS Liberty after taking off from it?

I'm far from a script expert but maybe this help.

CREATE TASK Was done in a script.
[west,["task1"],["Get to this location to verify", "Get to this location to verify", "locationmarker"],[4121,4147,0],1,2,true] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

[owner, nameOrParent, details, destination, state, priority, showNotification, type, shared] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set task state (can put in trigger On Activation
["Task1", "SUCCEEDED"] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

[params, target, desc, (dest, state, priority, showNotification, isGlobal, type, shared)] call BIS_fnc_setTask; 

Other way is to use only Taskcreate and Tasksetstate modules.

36 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

I'm far from a script expert but maybe this help.

CREATE TASK Was done in a script.
[west,["task1"],["Get to this location to verify", "Get to this location to verify", "locationmarker"],[4121,4147,0],1,2,true] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

[owner, nameOrParent, details, destination, state, priority, showNotification, type, shared] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set task state (can put in trigger On Activation
["Task1", "SUCCEEDED"] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

[params, target, desc, (dest, state, priority, showNotification, isGlobal, type, shared)] call BIS_fnc_setTask; 

Other way is to use only Taskcreate and Tasksetstate modules.

I'm far from a script expert myself and rather not create a script if not completely necessary. I'm hoping to be able to do it with a trigger. My life would've been easier had the LZ been somewhere else other than the static USS Liberty as I originally took off from her.

Thanks for the suggestion however!

Edited by SNAIP_
"of" instead of "off"

There are YouTube videos that show how to complete task via triggers. Not on my pc now or I’d put up a picture. 

18 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

There are YouTube videos that show how to complete task via triggers. Not on my pc now or I’d put up a picture. 

I've looked it up before and still couldn't figure out how to end the mission with a task to land on the same spot I took off from.

Quick basics. Picture without going thru the hassle of making a video.

task.jpg

It would seem I got it to work by using "this and triggerActivated Task6;" in the last task's succeed trigger condition field combined with Activation: Any Player and Activation Type: Present. Thanks for the help!

• Like 2