QuickEndMission

By Leopard20

This is a simple addon that allows you to exit any SP mission without saving it.

One of the annoying things about SP missions is that there is no plain "Exit" button and you have to "Save & Exit" (unless the mission maker has disabled saving).

You might be saying "OK, so what's the harm?" Well, I was checking my Windows drive for "rogue" programs, when I noticed that my ARMA 3 directory in Documents was taking up 12 GBs of storage space!!! To put it more accurately, it was the Saved folder that was taking up all that space. That's just crazy!

For a while I went by either typing "player setDamage 1" in debug console or just using "endMission "loser"" to avoid this problem. But eventually I decided to make an addon for it and be done with it!

And now I'm sharing this with you. It's not anything special but I personally find it extremely useful. So I figured other people might need something like this too.

Features:

- Adds a new button called "End Mission" to your Pause Menu.

gJ1qrvL.png

- No more unnecessary saving. Abort the mission instantly!

- Your mission save files won't be deleted (unless you restart the mission, which is the same as vanilla)

- Mission ends as a failure.

- Button doesn't appear in MP

Note (not part of the mod):

Spoiler

I think the save bug was resolved in a few updates back but if it's not, then to fully get rid of all your previous saves (if you're concerned about needless files taking up space):

- If you're in the middle of a mission, just restart the mission, then use the End Mission button.

- If mission is completed, you'll have to delete the mission save file manually from "Documents\ARMA 3\Saved\missions" for scenarios, and "Documents\ARMA 3\Saved\a3" for vanilla campaign missions.

Alternatively, just replay the mission and then use the End Mission button. But don't do this for campaign missions because it will revert the campaign back to that mission!

Make sure you know what you're deleting or else you won't be getting your saves back!

Download:

GitHub (Direct Link)

Armaholic

Source code:

https://github.com/leopard20/QuickEndMission

Installation:

Spoiler

Simply copy the contents of the archive to your ARMA 3 installation folder.

Read this Armaholic guide on how to install mods:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29755

Requirements:

ARMA 3!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you find any conflict with other mods (buttons overlapping), let me know and I'll change its position.

That's actually quite useful, it always bugged me how arma 3 kept save data in the Documents cause I keep all my stuff on another drive. This eliminates the need for saving stuff - good job!

• Thanks 1