Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390@hotmail.com

How to Spawn and Delete Functions from Trigger Init's?

I was wondering how one could go about using a Trigger to Spawn a Function once a player enters a Trigger's area. Then delete the Function once the player leaves the Trigger? While having that process repeatable.

So far I have tried using the Trigger's Activation field to call the Function (BIS_fnc_Crows), and then the Trigger's Deativation field to delete that Function.

However that's where my problem is. As everything I have tired..including searching the internet and using script commands such as deleteVehicle and other similar commands has all failed! I know it's possible as I have done similar things in the past but it dont help that I have not scripted anything since early A2 days, and A3 is seemingly more complex.

@soldier2390@hotmail.com, you can't delete finally compiled functions. But you can delete objects (crows) created by function:

{deleteVehicle _x;} forEach bis_crows;

@Schatten Ah right...now that you mentioned that it brought back memories. Plus that makes sense as awhile ago I tried to use a Trigger to Spawn a Trigger, that once spawned would activate a script that I wrote. And that script called functions that once I deleted the Trigger still remained running/and or caused errors!

Thanks very much for your response, I'm sure I will be back with more questions. But for the moment you fixed my current problem.