good afternoon to all guys, greetings, I come here asking for help, is there a possibility to make a scripts that can block or make the jump key of the custom actions section not work? Do I need to block it for a mission, or in a specific area of the map, Thank you very much for the help in advance

5 hours ago, elthefrank said:

good afternoon to all guys, greetings, I come here asking for help, is there a possibility to make a scripts that can block or make the jump key of the custom actions section not work? Do I need to block it for a mission, or in a specific area of the map, Thank you very much for the help in advance

just make a boolean variable in the condition for the jump script, if the player is outside the area then change the variable to true, if their inside the area you dont want them to jump change it to false.

thanks friend, the problem is that I do not know how to do it since my programming knowledge is low, could you help me do it? and excuse me

2 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

thanks friend, the problem is that I do not know how to do it since my programming knowledge is low, could you help me do it? and excuse me

i would need to see the script your using for the jump

in the game settings, in the part of customize controls in action 1, if you place a key, and then go to the game, when you press the key the player jumps or climbs, that is the action that I need to block in the area specifies

30 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

in the game settings, in the part of customize controls in action 1, if you place a key, and then go to the game, when you press the key the player jumps or climbs, that is the action that I need to block in the area specifies

but theres no jumping in the game period aside from scripts(someone correct me if im wrong)

you are right, there are no scripts of arma 3 of jump, I must have a mod that does it, I will verify what it is and I say

while your player is outside of a trigger he will be able to jump freely like normal, when he goes in the trigger he will not be able to jump.

run this off your initPlayerLocal somewhere

player setVariable ["canJump", true];
waituntil {!isnull (finddisplay 46)};
(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler["KeyDown",
{
	_canJump = player getVariable ["canJump", true];
	_done = false;
	if ((_this select 1) in actionKeys "User1" && !(_canJump)) then
	{
		_done = true;
	};
	_done
}];

and make a trigger covering the area that you do not want the player to be able to jump

trg.png

• Thanks 1

I have placed the scripts in the iniplayerlocal, the trigger should I put a variable name?

friend I'm doing but I can still jump in the area, surely I must be doing something wrong

I just saw the image that you placed, and I made the trigger, but I still can jump inside the area, I'm going to try placing it in the init of the mission

29 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

I just saw the image that you placed, and I made the trigger, but I still can jump inside the area, I'm going to try placing it in the init of the mission

do you have your jump key set to user action 1? 

Yes, I have the action to use action 1, and it does not work even if it could be happening?

it works now thanks thanks thanks, excellent you are a genius : - D

50 minutes ago, elthefrank said:

it works now thanks thanks thanks, excellent you are a genius : - D

what was the issue?