7F67C1AB5CFF0465854BC3707F3CD9C85CA6D31F

THE KUNDUZ INSURGENCY AIS [SP/MP Coop-14]

by

1-506Ranger

STEAM LINK: The Kunduz Insurgency AIS

ACE version utilizing ADV - Medical available here: The Kunduz Insurgency ACE

The Kunduz Insurgency AIS is optimized for SP with Psycho's AIS revive system. This mission is MP coop ready, but instead of ACE, a number of immersion scripts and AIS make this a much more tolerable Single Player ALiVE insurgency experience as AI will heal the player (if AI teammates are not in direct contact) when you are down. 

READ THE MAP BRIEFING AND DIARY SECTIONS IN-GAME

Features:

AIS revive - nothing needed to stabilize and revive , first aid kit/medkit needed to heal smaller injuries.
F/A 18 - 25 CAS sorties (JDAM and CBU only) available to Leaders only.
FOB West - Independent 81mm mortars will fire at will in support of operations. If you see red smoke in an area of contact, withdraw to a safe distance.
ALiVE Combat Support - Transport, CAS, and 1 x 105mm howitzer available for indirect fire support.
BAF Ground and Air Service available at both FOBs for rearm and refuel
ZLT field repair in effect, toolkit needed after 5 repairs.
Troop recruitment available at both FOBs and US OP.

SEE STEAM PAGE FOR REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED CLIENT SIDE MODS

Script Credits:
*AIS Revive - Psycho
*ArmaPhronk - CRS, Earplugs and IR Strobe
*johnnyboy - JBOY Combat Up Down
*JW Custom - Close Air Support Field System
*Neko-Arrow - Mortars
*Pokertour - ATM Airdrop
*Psycho - AIS Revive
*zealot111 - Realistic Field Repair
*Quicksilver - QS icons

***Thanks to HeroesandvillainsOS for use of the core content of his ALiVE diaries (edited) - see map in-game for more information

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've encountered something weird, also happened on another mission, using a custom recruitment script. AI units spawn without ammo. Maybe it would be better to add a eventhandler to each AI unit's init condition inside the script or something.

Edit: Is it related to Spyder Addons?

@Godis_1 It's not SpyderAddons. I changed out the recruitment to Bon Recruits via script. When the recruited AI spawn, regardless of recruitment mod/script, they give that "out of ammo", "running low" etc... But they aren't out, they do have ammo. Spawn them in, then go in each unit using Zeus, check their loadouts and you'll see a basic load of ammo in each. Spawn in enemy AI via Zeus and they fire back. I took a squad out for almost 2 hours tonight that all said "out" or "low" when first recruited. No issues after spawning; no more ammo notifications after 2 hours of off and on contact. I also removed all voice action via enableSentences in the init.sqf, but it's not really practical. If you're playing SP, the wounded notifications and call outs are useful, at least I think so. So I added it back.

The only other thing I found was some older posts about this issue related to AI spawned in with pistols and the AI complaining about being low because they only have one spare magazine. I found this to be the case when recruiting AI and checking their loadouts. I tried a couple things via Extended_Init_Eventhandlers (the only way I know how to add code to spawned AI init fields), but nothing really worked. Could be a 3CB thing, but I didn't find anything to support that.

If you figure something else out let me know and I'll try it. I'm working on other projects these days, but would certainly like to fix these kinds of things on existing missions.

Thanks.

Well thanks. I haven't had a deeper look yet. But besides complaining being out of ammo, they also have that yellowish symbol on them (at the bottom of the screen where the AI units are listed). And that symbol does only appear when a unit gets out of ammo, as far as I know. So I thought they don't have any in fact. But this might have something to do with 3CB, because I face the exact same thing on another mission which is using these mods.

am i the only one who cant load the mission on a dedicated server? for me it just dosnt show up as a mission, and running it fails to read, either spamming the log and turning into a memory leak or instantly closing

its acting like im missing some dependencies, but i have everything from the dependency list

@sebastianare, I just ran the mission from Steam on local MP with no issues. I won't be able to load the mods back to my server until this weekend to give it a server check. In the meantime here is my -mod command line (your mod folder names may differ):

@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@SpyderAddons;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;@3CB_BAF_Units;@3CB_BAF_Vehicles;@3CB_BAF_Weapons;@RKSL_Attachments;@6x6AllTerrainVehicle;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@ProjectOPFOR;@task_force_radio;@Kunduz_FixedDoors;

I've had issues with mod load order in the past with other missions so give this a try and make sure you don't have a corrupted mission file. I'll post back when I get around to server testing.

Mission still works just fine in local MP server, however there is a mod update issue in the mission on dedi. Getting .model errors from RHS. It'll take some time which I don't have much of these days. I'll post an update to the mission in Steam when its working on dedicated server again.

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest. Click link at the top of the thread or go to workshop for ACE version. There will be no CUP or any other mod version. I have no interest or time to dedicate to such endeavours these days. You are most welcome to de-PBO any of my Steam missions to create your own versions.