MikeW

Stuttering what should I upgrade?

I have some issue with stuttering I run around with like 30 to 40 fps and then I'll get the odd annoying lag spike. I'm not sure what to upgrade.

i7 4790

1 x 8GB Ram

1tb HDD 

Gtx 1060 6gb 

Should I add extra ram or add a add?

SSD. As to why, I would google your question or read through the forums as this has pretty much been asked and answered quite a few times.

Playing games off a SSD compared to a HDD is night and day, and they’re pretty affordable now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Should I add extra ram

Just look at your Ram Usage in Task Manger while you are playing. If your ram is at 90% full you should probably get more.

• Like 1

The SSD installation in the personal computer won't solve a problem completely. 8GB Ram isn't enough too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

The SSD installation in the personal computer won't solve a problem completely. 8GB Ram isn't enough too.

This is the problem when trying to upgrade a PC to run a demanding game.”, there is no silver bullet or one purchase that will make it immediately run smoothly :)

To @lex__1 point your RAM would need to be improved as well and quite frankly start saving for a new graphic card after that.

The operating system, without additional applications uses about 4 GB of the RAM. The remained 4 GB it isn't enough for comfort in Arma3.

Well I get 25% on CPU and 80%-90% RAM usage. Is a single channel 8gb ram good enough?