BrendanCiccone

Map Movement Solution

As it stands right now the way the map operates can be pretty deadly, especially if you did not set a waypoint to the exits before grabbing loot, a crate, and/or something else, since opening it stops you from moving completely. I've noticed a lot of my friends I made get the game have been complaining quite a bit about it.

I think my proposed control scheme would be a good middle ground because it doesn’t involve adding any new functionality, but instead just switches around some of the inputs from the controller and leaves completely free one of the directions on the D-Pad for gestures or other usage. 

Proposed New Map Control Scheme - 

Left On D-Pad: Opens/Closes Map

Up & Down On D-Pad : Zooms In/Out

Left Analog Stick: Remains Controlling Character Movement

Right Analog Stick: Controls Map Crosshair

Y Button: Focus On Character Location

A Button: Place/Remove Marker

I like that you are immobile while looting. That gives patient players the opportunity to land a clear clean headshot. If looting stays risky, ressources will be more valuable.I would just add a little "search animation" where he moves a bit to actually look in the car for something.

I actually love it too since it makes looking at the map a bit more realistic, but I noticed about 90% of the people I’ve made get the game haven’t been a fan of it. 

17 hours ago, BrendanCiccone said:

I actually love it too since it makes looking at the map a bit more realistic, but I noticed about 90% of the people I’ve made get the game haven’t been a fan of it. 

Then tell them to come here in the forum and start a discussion with us. Right now the devs only see 2 people that like this feature. :D

• Like 1

I think we should be able to loot cars crouched depending on the spot on the car. Meaning if the icon is over the trunk we can search the car standing but if you want to search while crouched go to the trunk. Giving only one way to take damage depending on player position

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sleepyc18 said:

I think we should be able to loot cars crouched depending on the spot on the car. Meaning if the icon is over the trunk we can search the car standing but if you want to search while crouched go to the trunk. Giving only one way to take damage depending on player position

also looting should take longer when crouched. but I am more a fan of getting the same looting animation as in state of decay you can loot slow or fast. if you loot fast there is a chance you make very loud noises.

• Like 2