TheReal_Kevin_Bacon

Arma 3 Memory Leak 2018 (Aug) Is there a fix?

Does anyone know how to fix the Arma 3 Memory Leak bug where playing the for like 30-40 min and frame rate drops to like 20-30 fps. It's been really annoying and hampering with mission making. Hopefully some of Devs see this and respond. I've tried every option from using memory allocator to unparking the cores to putting on low settings.

My Specs -

i7-3537U @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

12.0 GB RAM

64-bit OS x64 processor

GeForce GT 735M

Windows 8.1

Perhaps you could start by listing the mods your using (which can result in these kind of problems)?

1 hour ago, ozzbik said:

Perhaps you could start by listing the mods your using (which can result in these kind of problems)?

I ran the game as vanilla and the problem still persisted so mods are not the issue. Is there a way I can find large page option on win 8.1. I can't seem to find it despite following online. Is there still a way to use Fred41's custom memory allocator.

3 hours ago, TheReal_Kevin_Bacon said:

Does anyone know how to fix the Arma 3 Memory Leak bug where playing the for like 30-40 min and frame rate drops to like 20-30 fps. It's been really annoying and hampering with mission making. Hopefully some of Devs see this and respond. I've tried every option from using memory allocator to unparking the cores to putting on low settings.

My Specs -

i7-3537U @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

12.0 GB RAM

64-bit OS x64 processor

GeForce GT 735M

Windows 8.1

I think you dont know how to read and use properly the STEAM SPECS PAGE, in this page you have the minimum specs to play his game:

Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz o AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

and you have this cpu i7-3537U @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz probably you are playing in a laptop and this fps drop is caused because your laptop is running from bateries you need to play using the cable permanent connected.

Your CPU is below the minimal requirements and theres no way to improve the fps with this kind of cpu, buy a proper cpu - if you can - or enjoy playing with a setup below the minimun specs.

14 hours ago, TheReal_Kevin_Bacon said:

Does anyone know how to fix the Arma 3 Memory Leak bug where playing the for like 30-40 min and frame rate drops to like 20-30 fps.

That's not the "memory leak bug" at all.
The memory leak bug is also called "3 FPS bug". It's not called that because your game runs at 20 fps.

Your hardware is just not good enough. Nothing to do with memory leak.

• Like 1

I also play on a laptop with, euhm, questionable specs.  What I found helped was capping my frames at 25 (If I don't cap I get around 35 FPS).  This way my CPU has a bit of a 'buffer' for when a lot of things are happening.  Since I've been doing that my FPS haven't been fluctuating as much.  I still lose about 5 FPS if everything around me starts shooting at the same time but that's pretty normal I guess.  Before I'd drop down to 10-15 FPS in the same situation.