This mission is short, but is challenging, and may take a couple of tries to complete.

Inspired by the real life story of Captain Phillips, Sniper At Sea is a mission about pirates that take the crew of a trawler hostage. 

You are a CTRG member tasked with para dropping into the AO, linking up with the USS Liberty to provide sniper support in the operation to recover the hostages. The pirates are refusing to release the trawler's captain, the situation is tense, you will be on standby if the situation deteriorates. 

Can you save the hostage before the pirates kill him?

No mods required

Mission can be found here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1471687132

RapDRIr.jpg

VFxKoKN.jpg

vhCB29j.jpg

WOFN85r.jpg

E4DO2kH.jpg

c8u2yJO.jpg

Cgz5XyI.jpg

6ZqzvO7.jpg

tVHGB87.jpg

AG7VT1D.jpg

1BR8vJf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks interesting with a lot of attention to detail.  Congrats on publishing it.

I can't tell if all the units on the trawler are statically attached or not, but it is possible to have units move on board the trawler if you do this:

• attach pallets at deck level (just below so you can't see them).
  • place unit on pallets, set their direction and give them a walking animation loop.  When they reach their destination, you turn them around and walk them back.

It can take a lot of work, so may not be worth it to you.

Also, you can have the trawler move by attaching it to a zodiac, and giving the zodiac driver move commands or move waypoints.

No matter what, this looks really cool!

• Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, johnnyboy said:

Looks interesting with a lot of attention to detail.  Congrats on publishing it.

I can't tell if all the units on the trawler are statically attached or not, but it is possible to have units move on board the trawler if you do this:

• attach pallets at deck level (just below so you can't see them).
  • place unit on pallets, set their direction and give them a walking animation loop.  When they reach their destination, you turn them around and walk them back.

It can take a lot of work, so may not be worth it to you.

Also, you can have the trawler move by attaching it to a zodiac, and giving the zodiac driver move commands or move waypoints.

No matter what, this looks really cool!

Sorry, I somehow missed your comment.

There are real limitations with the Arma engine when it comes to walking on decks of ships. The enemy units all had to be attached to the trawler, which created other issues. I spent quite a bit of time working to overcome the engine limitations, and make this mission work. 

15 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Congratulations and thanks stburr91 !

Thanks George.

• Like 1

Hi stburr91,

Congrats on the release - a fun mission (though it took a few goes!).

Just some feedback if you want it (no problem if not)

Spoiler

As much as I enjoyed the infil start - it felt wierd doing the whole mission on your own - would it be worth parachuting in with your team - ordering them in to the boat and when it gets loaded on the Liberty setpos'ing them to the briefing room? Some chat with them might break up the drive in the boat.

Randomising the weather might improve replayability. It would be interesting to do it at night.

I think the fog was a little too much - you couldn't really see the impact of your shooting which was less satisfying than it could be.

Callsign

• Like 1