drdetroit

Maps in MP question

Hello all! 

After 2500hrs of Arma, I'm starting to do some Co-Op Alive campaigns with a buddy or two. Good times!!

Question is; how do I setup in-game map so that when I open it and place markers, notes and such, my team can see the map, in real time, so we can go over mission parameters, etc?   Would I need a map mod or is it a setting in game option?

Thanks in advance and good day!!

DrDetroit

Map markers are placed in the same channel you have selected for voice. Make sure you are in a channel that your teammates can hear/see and they will see your markers.

Ok. Thank you for the heads up. I've just been using discord for voice.  I'll check tutorials for setting up channels in game.

I did notice that when trying to sprint I was also activating voice channel. So there is that to help guide me as well.

Thanks again!

You don't need to set up channels, they are already there. Use the , and . keys to change channels. 2500 hours, you say? :D

• Like 1

Yea yea, I know.  None of that 2500 is MP though - only SP and editor...so still a FNG I suppose, in that regard.  

Thanks again for the tips!

• Like 2

And you can also Draw on the map as well. I believe the controls are:

Draw/Squiggle:   hold L-Shift and draw with mouse (hold left-click button)

Straight Line:   hold L-Shift + L-Ctrl both and mouse

Works in MP as long as everyone is on the same Game/Radio Channel (side, vehicle, global, etc).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1