INF_MIke64

Neat little rotating Radar script

while {true} do {
	{
		radar lookAt (radar getRelPos [100, _x]);
		sleep 2;
	} forEach [0, 90, 180, 270];
};

Figure you guys may like this little script (change as you like)
What it does it make a radar rotate to look around, what it importantly does it also not stop it from focusing on a contact and tracking it for a SAM, then once the hostile is gone it returns to rotating

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

while {true} do {
	{
		sleep 2.45;
	} forEach [120, 240, 0];
};

I tweaked the code a little to eliminate the jerkiness as it goes from point to point. Any lower than 2.45 will result in slightly smoother rotation but will cause the radar to occasionally reverse direction back to the previous point, pause, and then start up again. Reducing the number of points to three helps make things a little smoother as well as the ai is spending more time traversing between points that are further apart. Less than three just confuses the AI, you need at least three to establish a direction of rotation. [120, 240, 0] makes the radar start spinning instantly, instead of waiting a few moments to start up. As a last note, this script does not seem to work in the init field of the radar itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, INF_MIke64 said:

radar lookAt

Nice INF_MIke64 !

Just to ask ,

You mean about this radar?

B_Radar_System_01_F

• Like 2

B_Radar_System_01_F, and O_Radar_System_02_F

Although the script will work with any AI. Apply it to a tank gunner and the turret will spin around for instance.

• Like 3

This is more or less the scan horizon command for AI 

16 hours ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

while {true} do {
	{
		sleep 2.45;
	} forEach [120, 240, 0];
};

I tweaked the code a little to eliminate the jerkiness as it goes from point to point. Any lower than 2.45 will result in slightly smoother rotation but will cause the radar to occasionally reverse direction back to the previous point, pause, and then start up again. Reducing the number of points to three helps make things a little smoother as well as the ai is spending more time traversing between points that are further apart. Less than three just confuses the AI, you need at least three to establish a direction of rotation. [120, 240, 0] makes the radar start spinning instantly, instead of waiting a few moments to start up. As a last note, this script does not seem to work in the init field of the radar itself.

Cool thanks

46 minutes ago, Sertica said:

This does not work .  "generic error in expression"

Probably because you're inside an unscheduled scope, not allowing the sleep command.

Try:

0 = [] spawn {
   while {alive radar} do { { radar lookAt (radar getRelPos [100, _x]); sleep 2.45; } forEach [120, 240, 0]; };

};

I tried that in both mission init and a trigger with true condition.  It turns one rotation, then stops.

I don't understand that voodoo syntax.  How can you assign to an enumeration like 0, and what is "[] spawn".

25 minutes ago, Sertica said:

I tried that in both mission init and a trigger with true condition.  It turns one rotation, then stops.

I don't understand that voodoo syntax.  How can you assign to an enumeration like 0, and what is "[] spawn".

The on act field of the trigger must return nothing (no code, no value). So, the handle of the script (here 0) is just for this aim, this "equality" returns nothing). You could write some other handles like myCode of 1 or null, as far as you don't use it further.

For spawn, follow the BIKI command. And more.

There is no reason to get just one rotation with my code... except if your radar (like Cronus) detects an enemy unit (even infantry! :huh2:).

Once again, BI decided to do "too clever" behavior, just forgetting the aim of an Anti-Air radar.

• Like 1

Note that both O_Radar_System_02_F and B_Radar_System_01_F require a gunner for this to work.

Use createUnit to make a O_UAV_AI and moveInGunner him.

• Like 2

Yes. I do almost the same to man empty radar (and launcher), so to make them operational by createVehicleCrew radar; ...   command,

then empty them again by {radar deleteVehicleCrew _x} forEach crew radar; (same for launcher), to disable them and give them a chance to be not fired by AI enemies.

• Like 2