II FaiD II

Is Ranking/Leveling an option?

Firstly, like others are saying here, great game so far! Just got off after playing it for the first time, played for around 5hrs. Will definitely boot it back up tomorrow!

I'll jump straight to my point: Do people think that having some sort of ranking/leveling/character progression system would continue to give the game more replayability( < if thats even a word). Imagine everytime you kill someone you gain some bonus xp, everytime you extract successfully you gain some bonus xp etc. As you go up levels you could potentially unlock rare cosmetics (im sure someone more creative than myself could think of some better rewards). Therefor, your house is leveling up and looking badass.....and so are you!

On a side note, definitely agree duo/squad is a must, map rotation/variation is a must. If the house becomes customisable, being able to invite friends in would be cool. Maybe they could then 1v1 as target practice, obviously without dying. Or you could show of your pvp stats on the chalk board you put up outside your door =-)

If you made it this far, thanks for reading, would love to hear everyones thoughts on these opinions and ideas.

tl:dr - Maybe a ranking/leveling system would add to the rellayability what do you think?

I was thinking about the same thing, there needs to be some kind of reward system for in game activities such as kill count per game, amount of loot found per game, along with survival time etc. Also with the different cosmetics rewards for the different activities for kill rewards you could get rare masks like from the purge movie, etc. , for loot rewards you can earn special backs, and for survival time rewards you can earn ghillie suit, etc. These are just ideas that would incentives players to do a little more than just shoot and loot and reward them for taking the extra step.

No the way this game is going i don't think a ranking system would be necessary, now the chalk board thing seems cool just to track kills. But this game is about the grind and time you put into it, without no other player to have a real advantage over another

• Like 1

I don't think about ranking or leveling should be introduced...as Sleepyc18 said having no real advantages on the other players is one of the cores of this game so far...if leveling is only about cosmetics it's fine but if it gives you advantages I don't love the idea, I am a big fan of Sea of Thieves for this reason...

One idea that I really loved about your post is the one about inviting a friend to train with you in your shelter...sounds interesting and even funny...

Thank you for your post!

Couldnt agree more that leveling/ranks should give no advantage. Just another thing for players to work towards. Also on a side note, it could be used to help matchmaking - matching you with players that are a similar level (implying your skill/familiarity with the game is the same). Not that I know anything about building a game, but, I can imagine that adding matchmaking changes as detailed as matching levels is probably a bit to extensive.