Dallas Medina

Game crashing when selecting unit attributes

My game crashes to desktop when selecting a units attributes in the editor. Especially bad with the RHS units, but will also crash when editing vanilla units.

I get "DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

No idea what that means.

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX 11?  (Remove it completely and do a fresh install, don't repair it.)

Have you verified your game files?
Does this also happen when you have no mods loaded?

16 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX 11?  (Remove it completely and do a fresh install, don't repair it.)

Have you verified your game files?
Does this also happen when you have no mods loaded?

I don't know what that is. I'm looking in my programs and don't see it.

Well with all due respect, I've never done that before.  If I'd tell you how to do that I'd tell you what I had just read on google.  So my suggestions: type "How to unistall directX 11" into google and find a decent guide.  After that do the same for install.

I looked at a crash report and it was just a bunch of gibberish. How are you supposed to figure out the problem?

21 minutes ago, Dallas Medina said:

I looked at a crash report and it was just a bunch of gibberish. How are you supposed to figure out the problem?

You aren't. You can't. You are supposed to send it to the developers. They can generally see exactly what caused the crash.

1 hour ago, Dallas Medina said:

"DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

The error is related to your graphics card thats what DX11 is referring too, my guess is its conflicting with possibly the latest update in the game,

or installed latest gpu drivers for your card and started having these issues.

Posting a thread with issues

When you post issues or errors, on the forum you need to provide some information especially when the game is crashing, or freezing is not all 100% game issue,

consider the hardware you are using to run the game and if its having issues, like overheating, conflicting gpu drivers, ect,. then the game will respond accordingly.

Also need to be specific as to what you did before the game started crashing, because going from playing normal then crashing there has to be something that triggered the issue,

that could be latest game update, latest gpu drivers installed, or even a mod you installed, ect,.

Computer specs

So like you did with your error, also post your computer specs such as the following:

• OS - Operating system
  • CPU
  • GPU - graphics card
  • Ram - how much and the frequency
  • SSD/HDD and how much space you have left.

============

These details make a big difference in possibly determining what is causing the issue, other wise you get random posts of people saying do this and do that, and it dont end

because the OP failed to provide some more details aside the error.

My Suggestion

What i can suggest as per some research is there have been quite a number of people in the past that had this same exact error and what worked for them

was to revert to previous graphics card drivers.

i suggest that you revert to the previous graphics card driver, and see if that changes anything.

Reverting to older GPU drivers

If you have Windows 10 OS

go to search on your taskbar, and type in device manager  -----> Display adapters ----> right click your gpu card -----> properties ----> driver ----> roll back driver

or get the latest driver for your gpu if its not the latest if it is the latest then roll back the driver.

If the rollback option dont show up or give you the option to roll back, then determine what driver you have and download the driver before it and install it should overwrite.

I also suggest to read any feedback, reviews, on the driver version that you are using in relation to your card and the game this stuff you'll have to google.

I know it seems like much but its fairly simple, remember 1 step at a time and keep it simple.

All your doing is checking to see if your gpu drivers is the latest if it is then rollback or

revert to the previous one and see if that stops the game from crashing and spitting up the error.

Lastly when you do test the game again do with vanilla game only no mods.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

My Laptop is an HP Envy.

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

TRO SSD7 1TB Solid State Hardrive

For the life of me, I cannot find my RAM specs anywhere.

I also cannot figure out how to see my used/free space on the SSD.

I just updated the driver for my 850M

Date: 6/24/2018

Version: 24.21.13.9836

I will try it after updating the driver. If it keeps happening, I will rollback the driver. If it happens again, I will come back and ask for more advice.

I'm thinking maybe the issue could be the "3den enhanced" mod. Since it adds all those new options to attributes, maybe that slows it down to the point the graphics chip spazzes out? It seems like there's a massive processor drain when selecting attributes, and its "strangling" the GPU. I dunno.

The thing is, I can put 100 guys and 50 tanks down and make them fight, and sure, my FPS is for shit, but it doesn't CTD with a DX11 error. It literally ONLY happens when selecting unit attributes in the editor.

2 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

For the life of me, I cannot find my RAM specs anywhere.

Go to the search bar and type in Control panel then go to system, then your ram will be listed under system under the cpu.

2 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

I'm thinking maybe the issue could be the "3den enhanced" mod. Since it adds all those new options to attributes

Ok, try without the mod and access the attributes and see if there is any changes, if not and game is stable then theres your issue, i would suggest reporting the problem to revo,

provide your specs and what you did, even link this thread, and he could look into it further, only if its the case that the mod is found to be the cause of the error and crash.

So try that first if no change then do the drivers.

I've just unloaded ALL my mods, EXCEPT for 3den Enhanced, and I can open unit attributes instantly with no delay and no crashing.

With all of my mods (101 different mods to be exact), there's a 50/50 chance it will freeze up and I have to restart the computer or CTD, or work, but only after a long delay.

I'm going to try it again with 3den Enhanced and the RHS mods loaded.

• Like 1

Ok, Its working well with 3den, Ace3, all the RHS stuff, JSRS sound mod, NI Arms, blastcore, etc. I think the problem might be the CUP mods? I've got all my mods loaded except some map mods and all the CUP stuff. No issues.

More likely is that it's a combination of mods that's causing the issue.