brians200

Standalone JTAC Script

12 hours ago, kremator said:

Did you ever sort an addon version @brians200 ?  For instance the addon picks up if any JTAC units are present and allows them all the options (or controlled options)

Hi Kremator

Can you suggest a getting started with modding tutorial somewhere? This is not a lot to getting started here...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Modding

Hey there!  Unfortunately I'm not a coder so I have no clue.  I'll have a dig around, but I'm sure other talented people here will be able to chip in with information.

Hello! This is an awesome idea for us JTAC/FAC enthusiasts playing in small units or with friends. However, I'd personally like a version with a few more added features if it'd be possible, or I'd love to know if they're already in use!

I personally preffer other methods aside from the Laser Designator from time to time.

It'd be very cool if we had some sort of menu in which we could input 6-digit grids while also adding ingress and egress routes for the aircraft, whether that'd be in the form of cardinal directions (N.E.S.W.) or bearings for both the way in and out (maybe also setting up IPs from map markers where the aircraft could begin the run/spawn from). Another thing that would be cool would be to set up the "run in" distance by meters that the aircraft would have to lineup the shots. It'd be interesting to see if there'd be a way to "choose the target" (like with Laser Designation) but I believe that'd be complicated to script, however I'd still adore this process since it's a bit more meticulous for the JTAC operator, and personally the logic and thought process behind the JTAC role is what attracts me to it the most over all other roles.

I'm sure this is complicated to script, but thanks for checking out the suggestion anyway! I wish I knew how to make scripts myself 😛

Cheers and thanks so far for your work!

If only author will add FIR AWs weapon pack support to this mod it would be very cool

On 2/8/2021 at 9:11 AM, Rhaonoa said:

Hello! This is an awesome idea for us JTAC/FAC enthusiasts playing in small units or with friends. However, I'd personally like a version with a few more added features if it'd be possible, or I'd love to know if they're already in use!

I personally preffer other methods aside from the Laser Designator from time to time.

It'd be very cool if we had some sort of menu in which we could input 6-digit grids while also adding ingress and egress routes for the aircraft, whether that'd be in the form of cardinal directions (N.E.S.W.) or bearings for both the way in and out (maybe also setting up IPs from map markers where the aircraft could begin the run/spawn from). Another thing that would be cool would be to set up the "run in" distance by meters that the aircraft would have to lineup the shots. It'd be interesting to see if there'd be a way to "choose the target" (like with Laser Designation) but I believe that'd be complicated to script, however I'd still adore this process since it's a bit more meticulous for the JTAC operator, and personally the logic and thought process behind the JTAC role is what attracts me to it the most over all other roles.

I'm sure this is complicated to script, but thanks for checking out the suggestion anyway! I wish I knew how to make scripts myself 😛

Cheers and thanks so far for your work!

I really like the idea of being able to provide a 6 digit grid. That will allow the JTAC player to be able to make calls without line of sight. Do you know how accurate the 6digit grid is? 1 meter, 10 meters, or....? I want to make sure I am factoring in the fake accuracy that I have already added correctly.

I will need to look into how coordinates can be input.

Can you expand on the second part? I am not sure I understand.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:20 AM, sammael said:

If only author will add FIR AWs weapon pack support to this mod it would be very cool

I created a settings file with the intention of people adding/removing attacks or changing how they work . You are free to add any weapons you would like to the local version of your script here:

https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-JTAC/blob/master/EPD/VirtualJTAC/jtacsettings.sqf#L112

Are you asking for help on how to calculate the offsets? Can you provide a list of the weapons you need help with and I will help figure it out when I get some time.

5 hours ago, brians200 said:

Are you asking for help on how to calculate the offsets? Can you provide a list of the weapons you need help with and I will help figure it out when I get some time.

I already try to add some bombs. Some of them dont explode. Some of them always miss target far away. Can you provide for example working config for FIR_GBU32    -  FIR_GBU32_P_1rnd_M 

Weapon and magazines classnames

On 2/11/2021 at 1:19 AM, brians200 said:

I really like the idea of being able to provide a 6 digit grid. That will allow the JTAC player to be able to make calls without line of sight. Do you know how accurate the 6digit grid is? 1 meter, 10 meters, or....? I want to make sure I am factoring in the fake accuracy that I have already added correctly.

I will need to look into how coordinates can be input.

Can you expand on the second part? I am not sure I understand.

Hello, thanks for the response and the interest! AFAIK 6-digit grid coordinates operate in 100m x 100m squares.

On the second part, or well, the specific details; looking up how a 6-line CAS firemission line looks and works would help! Basically, when you have a 'qualified' player, there's a protocol for when you request an airstrike / firemission. This protocol is laid out in 6-lines of information that you relay to the pilot which would tell them how to operate, sometimes to more or less complexity, it depends on how serious the unit is. My preffered way of doing it is as follows, which is a simplified "more casual" version of it:

1 - Ingress (where the plane is coming from. This can either be a cardinal direction like North, South, East, or West. Or a marker on map such as "IP Alpha" (you can name it IP whatever), which would usually indicate where the plane is gonna be starting the airstrike from.)
2 - Target description. This is what the pilot is going to be attacking, this also includes the kind of marking you'd be using, whether that's laser designation, smoke, or the pilot's eye (this is only in a Type 3 control mostly, which is basically when the JTAC allows weapons free since they can not see or assess neither aircraft or target).
3 - Grid coordinates, although sometimes I'll use this in the 2nd line and skip this one instead for brevity.
4 - Friendly forces. To make sure the aircraft recognises what's friendly and whatnot, and so that they can argue back to the JTAC in case they believe the firemission could affect friendlies if the ingress/egress route is inappropiate. Usually indicated by description, or by Cardinal direction + distance in meters.
5 - Egress. Cardinal direction or bearing from which the plane will be exiting towards.
The pilot would usually (prefferably) read back lines 1, 2/3, and 5 to confirm that there's no misunderstandings and then proceed to firemission. A few meters/mikes/seconds before dropping the bombs they'd ask for a final confirmation if they're cleared hot (free to engage) incase of any last second changes to either continue on with the firemission or abort. Also, to explain the mission "Types" - most of the time you'd use a Type 2 which is the normal / manual JTAC firemission, and the Type 3 is the exception in which you can not assess the pilot or you don't have eyes on neither aircraft or targets, so you let the pilot make their own decisions until further notice.

The problem with this way of JTACing is that you need both a trained JTAC to be able to plan and coordinate proper strategies and firemission to guarantee the safety of both friendly ground units, sometimes civilians and civilian architecture, and most importantly the aircraft. Sometimes you either don't have a dedicated pilot in a group of friends, or with a unit, or sometimes you do but they're not 'qualified' to follow these protocols. Both the JTAC's orders need to be precise and efficient, and the pilot needs to be able to execute them by the letter aswell. Otherwise the firemission won't work as intended. Which is why having this as a standalone script would be super helpful!

It'd be lovely if there'd be a way to include some of this into your Standalone script for when we just don't have that special pilot who likes to go along this process! But I suppose narrowing it down to: Ingress, maybe Target, Grid, and Egress would work well aswell - if there's any way you can set up an Ingress/Egress with Cardinal Directions/Bearings/Map Markers for defining what run the aircraft would make, and then either Laser Des/Grid Coords to define where the bombs would be dropped.

I hope this clears it up! If not, feel free to ask further! Thank you once again.
Cheers!

On 2/11/2021 at 2:58 AM, sammael said:

I already try to add some bombs. Some of them dont explode. Some of them always miss target far away. Can you provide for example working config for FIR_GBU32    -  FIR_GBU32_P_1rnd_M 

Weapon and magazines classnames

Sorry for the delay, I have been having computer issues.

The following will drop one of the GBU32s from FIR. I called it in 10 times to give you an idea of the spread. You can play with the intentional inaccuracy however you want. The "1" after 128.65 is how much the speed will vary, causing the bomb to over or undershoot. The "10" is how far off the angle will can be, causing the bomb to veer left and right. (Script will pick a random number at time of launching). Values of 0 will make it hit the dot every time. Make sure you update the docs of your local copy so players can check their diary and see an explanation of the new attack: https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-JTAC/blob/master/EPD/VirtualJTAC/jtacdoc.sqf

Let me know if you need any more help with the other projectiles.

["BOMBS", "GBU32", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU32", 1, 128.65, 1, 10, 0, 0]], 

NN1tcuK.jpg

15 hours ago, Rhaonoa said:

Hello, thanks for the response and the interest! AFAIK 6-digit grid coordinates operate in 100m x 100m squares.

On the second part, or well, the specific details; looking up how a 6-line CAS firemission line looks and works would help! Basically, when you have a 'qualified' player, there's a protocol for when you request an airstrike / firemission. This protocol is laid out in 6-lines of information that you relay to the pilot which would tell them how to operate, sometimes to more or less complexity, it depends on how serious the unit is. My preffered way of doing it is as follows, which is a simplified "more casual" version of it:

1 - Ingress (where the plane is coming from. This can either be a cardinal direction like North, South, East, or West. Or a marker on map such as "IP Alpha" (you can name it IP whatever), which would usually indicate where the plane is gonna be starting the airstrike from.)
2 - Target description. This is what the pilot is going to be attacking, this also includes the kind of marking you'd be using, whether that's laser designation, smoke, or the pilot's eye (this is only in a Type 3 control mostly, which is basically when the JTAC allows weapons free since they can not see or assess neither aircraft or target).
3 - Grid coordinates, although sometimes I'll use this in the 2nd line and skip this one instead for brevity.
4 - Friendly forces. To make sure the aircraft recognises what's friendly and whatnot, and so that they can argue back to the JTAC in case they believe the firemission could affect friendlies if the ingress/egress route is inappropiate. Usually indicated by description, or by Cardinal direction + distance in meters.
5 - Egress. Cardinal direction or bearing from which the plane will be exiting towards.
The pilot would usually (prefferably) read back lines 1, 2/3, and 5 to confirm that there's no misunderstandings and then proceed to firemission. A few meters/mikes/seconds before dropping the bombs they'd ask for a final confirmation if they're cleared hot (free to engage) incase of any last second changes to either continue on with the firemission or abort. Also, to explain the mission "Types" - most of the time you'd use a Type 2 which is the normal / manual JTAC firemission, and the Type 3 is the exception in which you can not assess the pilot or you don't have eyes on neither aircraft or targets, so you let the pilot make their own decisions until further notice.

The problem with this way of JTACing is that you need both a trained JTAC to be able to plan and coordinate proper strategies and firemission to guarantee the safety of both friendly ground units, sometimes civilians and civilian architecture, and most importantly the aircraft. Sometimes you either don't have a dedicated pilot in a group of friends, or with a unit, or sometimes you do but they're not 'qualified' to follow these protocols. Both the JTAC's orders need to be precise and efficient, and the pilot needs to be able to execute them by the letter aswell. Otherwise the firemission won't work as intended. Which is why having this as a standalone script would be super helpful!

It'd be lovely if there'd be a way to include some of this into your Standalone script for when we just don't have that special pilot who likes to go along this process! But I suppose narrowing it down to: Ingress, maybe Target, Grid, and Egress would work well aswell - if there's any way you can set up an Ingress/Egress with Cardinal Directions/Bearings/Map Markers for defining what run the aircraft would make, and then either Laser Des/Grid Coords to define where the bombs would be dropped.

I hope this clears it up! If not, feel free to ask further! Thank you once again.
Cheers!

Thanks for clearing it up. The script works by spawning a projectile and flinging in the direction of the target. I have "done the math"* for each projectile to figure out exactly how much of an oomph each projectile needs to reach the target as they all behave differently in the physics engine.

The script does have a simple version of ingress now with the "Fire Direction" addaction, being able to pick 45 degree increments.

I can work on taking advantage of the map scripting commands, maybe making it a two click approach.

The first click on the map could mimic your ingress by specifying the location the projectile will be coming from. (Actual distance wouldn't matter, this would only be used for calculating the direction the projectile would come from).

The second click on the map would then be the grid location you would like the projectile to hit (I would leave their intentional inaccuracies).

The script doesn't spawn a vehicle or anything, so there is nothing in the script that could take advantage of an egress.

Does this sound like it would scratch your itch?

* The math

hLlWNHm.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brians200 said:

Sorry for the delay, I have been having computer issues.

The following will drop one of the GBU32s from FIR. I called it in 10 times to give you an idea of the spread. You can play with the intentional inaccuracy however you want. The "1" after 128.65 is how much the speed will vary, causing the bomb to over or undershoot. The "10" is how far off the angle will can be, causing the bomb to veer left and right. (Script will pick a random number at time of launching). Values of 0 will make it hit the dot every time. Make sure you update the docs of your local copy so players can check their diary and see an explanation of the new attack: https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-JTAC/blob/master/EPD/VirtualJTAC/jtacdoc.sqf

NN1tcuK.jpg

Thanks for clearing it up. The script works by spawning a projectile and flinging in the direction of the target. I have "done the math"* for each projectile to figure out exactly how much of an oomph each projectile needs to reach the target as they all behave differently in the physics engine.

The script does have a simple version of ingress now with the "Fire Direction" addaction, being able to pick 45 degree increments.

I can work on taking advantage of the map scripting commands, maybe making it a two click approach.

The first click on the map could mimic your ingress by specifying the location the projectile will be coming from. (Actual distance wouldn't matter, this would only be used for calculating the direction the projectile would come from).

The second click on the map would then be the grid location you would like the projectile to hit (I would leave their intentional inaccuracies).

The script doesn't spawn a vehicle or anything, so there is nothing in the script that could take advantage of an egress.

Does this sound like it would scratch your itch?

* The math

hLlWNHm.png

Hey, yeah! It's something more for sure and it'd be really helpful! That would be very cool. Thank you! Hope you can implement this! 🙂

16 hours ago, brians200 said:

After you write me example config I add new FIR_GBU32  and it works.

But it not work for other GBU - hit too far with exact settings. So as I understand Most important things is  _initialSpeed  .  How you calculate this  128.65  ? 

With this code GBU56 miss about 400-500m from target. 

Modern smart bombs have  circular error probable (CEP) 1-10m.  unguided bombs about 100m..

So question- how you calculate proper speed for bombs? _initialSpeed

["BOMBS", "GBU56", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU56", 1, 128.65, 1, 10, 0, 0]],

Also I try this and it work for GBU  39

["BOMBS", "FIRGBU39", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU39", 1, 223.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],

But  number  223.5 is total random for me)

• Like 1

The bombs are not actually aimed, they are just free falling. The initial velocity is what it takes for the bomb to reach the destination from the starting location.

I do not know of a calculation to determine the initial velocity. I just do it through trial and error. Each bomb has different flight characteristics in the physics engine (wings, weight, etc). I aim at the crosses on the runway of Stratis.

eYYaS1o.jpg

You can speed up your testing by calling the bomb function directly in the debug console.

[[1817.67,5623.62,5.47415], 90,["FIR_GBU32",1,128.65,0,0,0,0]] call DROP_BOMBS;

The first array is the location you would like it to land

If you are having trouble figuring out where it is landing in the first place, you can ride the bomb by adding

player attachTo [_bomb, [0,-2,-2]];

To line 38 here:

https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-JTAC/blob/master/EPD/VirtualJTAC/Attacks/Bombs.sqf

For the GBU56, it looks like 120.45 will hit it on the mark.

For the GBU39, 223.45 seemed to be a tiny bit more accurate (2 foot difference) , but both will kill ya 🙂

Let me know if the above doesn't make sense or you need help with others. I can make a video showing my process if you need
If you plan to use
any of the rockets, it will require a different method. Let me know and I can help there too.

• Like 1

I had a bit of time on my hands. Here are some initial velocities for the bombs I tested

Bombs:

FIR_GBU10 - 94.7

FIR_GBU12 - 147.3

FIR_EGBU12 - 147.3

FIR_PAVEWAY_IV - 147.3

FIR_GCS1 - 127.41

FIR_GBU16 - 212.3

FIR_GBU31 - 120.45

FIR_GBU56 - 120.45

FIR_GBU32 - 128.65

FIR_GBU38 - 150.65

FIR_GBU54 - 150.65

FIR_GBU39 - 223.45

FIR_GBU53 - 260.6

FIR_mk83 - 176.5

FIR_mk84 - 110.7

FIR_CBU97 - 196.95

FIR_PDU5B - 196.97  # Is this one supposed to release sub-munitions?

FIR_KAB250L - 193.7

FIR_KAB500L - 193.7

FIR_KAB500Kr - 168.5

FIR_KAB500SE - 168.5

FIR_FAB250 - 176.51

FIR_RBK500_SPBE_D - 184.95   # Is this one supposed to release sub-munitions?

FIR_BLU107 - 123.65

Sub-munition Bombs: # These are hard to tell since they explode so far away. Please double check

FIR_CBU87 - 196.95

FIR_CBU100 - 196.95

FIR_CBU78 - 196.95

FIR_CBU89 - 196.95

FIR_CBU103 - 196.95

FIR_CBU105 - 196.95

FIR_RBK250 - 184.95 

• Like 1

Thank you again. Most of them work perfect.

Strange - but I got an error when add any of CBU weapons on the list. 

086f73614fd6.jpg

Spoiler

["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU10", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU10", 1, 94.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU12", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU12", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_EGBU12", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_EGBU12", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_PAVEWAY_IV", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_PAVEWAY_IV", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GCS1", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GCS1", 1, 127.41, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU16", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU16", 1, 212.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU31", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU31", 1, 120.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU56", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU56", 1, 120.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU32", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU32", 1, 128.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU38", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU38", 1, 150.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU54", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU54", 1, 150.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU39", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU39", 1, 223.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU53", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU53", 1, 260.6, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_mk83", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk83", 1, 176.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_mk84", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk84", 1, 110.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500L", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500L", 1, 193.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB250L", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB250L", 1, 193.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500Kr", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500Kr", 1, 168.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500SE", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500SE", 1, 168.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FFIR_FAB250", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_FAB250", 1, 176.51, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_BLU107", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_BLU107", 1, 123.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU97", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU97", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU87", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU87", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU100", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU100", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU54", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU54", 1, 150.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU39", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU39", 1, 223.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU53", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU53", 1, 260.6, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_mk83", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk83", 1, 176.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
["BOMBS", "FIR_mk84", 1, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk84", 1, 110.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],

There has to be a typo somewhere in there, but I am not seeing it with my eyes.

This works for example

["BOMBS", "250lb SDB", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["ammo_Bomb_SDB", 1, 250, 0.125, 2, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "500lb GBU12", 44, 2, "DROP_BOMBS", ["Bomb_03_F", 1, 223.5, 1, 10, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "580lb Cluster", 48, 4, "DROP_BOMBS", ["BombCluster_03_Ammo_F", 1, 212, 0.5, 10, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "750lb Cluster", 52, 4, "DROP_BOMBS", ["BombCluster_01_Ammo_F", 1, 224, 0.5, 10, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "1100lb Cluster", 56, 4, "DROP_BOMBS", ["BombCluster_02_Ammo_F", 1, 255, 0.5, 10, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "Cruise Missile Cluster", 60, 4, "FIRE_ROCKETS", ["ammo_Missile_Cruise_01_Cluster", 1, 3911.5, -17.04, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU10", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU10", 1, 94.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU12", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU12", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_EGBU12", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_EGBU12", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_PAVEWAY_IV", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_PAVEWAY_IV", 1, 147.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GCS1", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GCS1", 1, 127.41, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU16", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU16", 1, 212.3, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU31", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU31", 1, 120.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU56", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU56", 1, 120.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU32", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU32", 1, 128.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU38", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU38", 1, 150.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU54", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU54", 1, 150.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU39", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU39", 1, 223.45, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU53", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_GBU53", 1, 260.6, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_mk83", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk83", 1, 176.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_mk84", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_mk84", 1, 110.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_GBU32", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU97", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU97", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_PDU5B", 1, 196.97, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB250L", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB250L", 1, 193.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500L", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500L", 1, 193.7, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500Kr", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500Kr", 1, 168.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_KAB500SE", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_KAB500SE", 1, 168.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_FAB250", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_FAB250", 1, 176.51, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_RBK500_SPBE_D", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_RBK500_SPBE_D", 1, 184.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_BLU107", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_BLU107", 1, 123.65, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU87", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU87", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU100", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU100", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU78", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU78", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU89", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU89", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU103", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU103", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_CBU105", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_CBU105", 1, 196.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],
	["BOMBS", "FIR_RBK250", 40, 1, "DROP_BOMBS", ["FIR_RBK250", 1, 184.95, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0]],

G79OlOv.png

I've also never seen a list that long in the game 🙂

• Like 1

Now it work 100%.

I have a bit offtop question. 

Some bombs can be seen by naked eyes in the game as they fall speed is  low

IRL bombs have very fast speed at impact and it can`t see by naked eyes. You can see it only at slow mo camera.

For example GBU 12 has a terminal velocity about 600-900 km/h.

Maybe it would be much easier for you to spawn bomb very close to target and set real fast velocity to target  Instead spawn at 4km at count fall distance speed e.t.c. It will be very fast and can`t seen in game. For example after send c-s with laser - some delay in seconds - spawn and set velocity-then falling whistle and boom.

I just put some speed monitors on some of the bombs with the parameters above and here are the speeds when the bombs hit the ground.

GBU12 = 494.255 kph

FIR_GBU56 = 501.694 kph

FIR_GBU39 = 663.491 kph

So they are definitely a little on the slow side. Even speeding them up to 900 kph, the game engine is still able to render them perfectly fine though.

I am able to easily take a screen shot of them in the air. I tested several missiles going 2000 kph and I was still able to see them flying.

J5gBuGP.jpg

I am choosing to spawn them so far away because I like having the potential for them to hit buildings or hills along the way if the player is not smart about setting the ingress direction correctly. Faking that travel time would remove that possibility.

I also don't want to have to figure out how much to angle each individual bomb so that it would hit the ground faster than free falling. I already did that with the missiles and it wasn't fun 😞

In any case, your mod is unique and thank you for the answers. 

If you like CAS aspect of the game 

I just found Advanced CAs module in achiles mod and it did great job for parsing weapon from aircrafts.

Spoiler

e9baad7ab196.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 10:52 PM, Rhaonoa said:

Hey, yeah! It's something more for sure and it'd be really helpful! That would be very cool. Thank you! Hope you can implement this! 🙂

I have released v1.6 with the map feature here: https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-JTAC/releases/tag/v1.6

You can see a demonstration of it here:

:

• Like 1

Thank you for update. It gets better and better with every update

not working in dedi server; it adds the add action menu but doesn't bring in the rain! Followed all the mentioned steps.

If you plan on fixing please don't use modules ,there are tons of those already.

Thank you.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, craig29592 said:

not working in dedi server; it adds the add action menu but doesn't bring in the rain! Followed all the mentioned steps.

If you plan on fixing please don't use modules ,there are tons of those already.

Thank you.

Hi Craig,

I just ran the sample mission on a dedicated server and was able to make many explosions.

Perhaps you have misconfigured it. Are there any errors in the log?

1 hour ago, brians200 said:

Hi Craig,

I just ran the sample mission on a dedicated server and was able to make many explosions.

Perhaps you have misconfigured it. Are there any errors in the log?

Well sorry I am not dis-ing your mod or anything but I added the code in Description.ext , added the call code in initserver as well as init client and added init in player (the JTAC,true thingy) , please point me in right way what else I should do, there are no errors, the addaction works , but when I call in the ordinance nothing happens, both while using laser and map marking;

I think the mission maker has blocked all other scripts and modules, to get proper working of his mission. I am just not able to integrate into this popular mission.

Thank you. I usually play single player on dedi server so I request you to suggest me on how I can make this great mod work in all missions no matter what.

Thank you . The bomb vectoring is also a great addition; lots of patience is involved in it.

Can you zip up your folder and share it? I will take a look