Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Directx 9 released

DirectX 9 Ofcourse no improvement or anything but why not download, next time you install a new game it will prolly ask you to install DX9 anyway  smile.gif

Edit, Btw i was about to sh** in my pants (or mabey not wink.gif) becouse when it was supposed to reboot i got two errors (Win Me wink.gif) then in Dos, during startup it gave errors. However after another restart all was fine  xmas.gif

Maybe I'm stupid or something...

But is there a way to download the whole package for install? My comp at home ain't got internet so I need to download the "off-line" install like the Service Packs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 20 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I'm stupid or something...

But is there a way to download the whole package for install? My comp at home ain't got internet so I need to download the "off-line" install like the Service Packs.<span id='postcolor'>

You can get that here:

http://download.microsoft.com/downloa....ist.exe

BTW, I'm highly dubious of a 25% performance jump in 3DMark. People who have tested DX9 in its beta and RC form have reported small, if any, improvements.

no..for some odd reasons, MS decided to make us download installer first and them installation itself mad.gif

Is this what you are looking for?</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DirectX 9.0 End-User Runtime setup requires an internet connection during setup. The DirectX 9.0 Redist is available for download for those users that do not have an internet connection available during installation or when setup has trouble connecting to the Microsoft server.<span id='postcolor'>

@ Mr Frag </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, I'm highly dubious of a 25% performance jump in 3DMark. People who have tested DX9 in its beta and RC form have reported small, if any, improvements. <span id='postcolor'> Notice that i wrote in the post </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ofcourse no improvement or anything<span id='postcolor'> The reason why i wrote 25% was just to get ppl to look at this topic  tounge.gif

Personally i lost about 50 points witch was expected since 3D mark is to test DX8, now im waiting for 3Dmark/FutureMark 2003

Actually, let me add one more word of caution: as with any previous version of DirectX, Microsoft does not support uninstalling it, and if you run into problems, you may be screwed.

Someone posted a message here a few days ago saying that OFP:R pops up a messagebox saying that DX 8 is required, and that it refused to run. I think we would have heard about that from someone else if the problem was that simple, but let that be a warning to you -- don't fix it if it ain't broke.

There are no DX9 games, so nothing will use the new features for now. Let someone else work out the kinks...

I downloaded 9.0, and all the games i have, work.Even the original Operation Flashpoint, and even some older games, like Midtown Madness 1,2.I tested all the games, and they work fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Dec. 20 2002,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@ Mr Frag </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, I'm highly dubious of a 25% performance jump in 3DMark. People who have tested DX9 in its beta and RC form have reported small, if any, improvements. <span id='postcolor'> Notice that i wrote in the post </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ofcourse no improvement or anything<span id='postcolor'> The reason why i wrote 25% was just to get ppl to look at this topic tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You know, I get really annoyed by thigs like that, please refrain from doing such crazy things unless you want me to make a voodoo doll of you and poke it when I'm bored. xmas.gif

Well technically he wrote .25%(notice the decimal there) so he really said 25% of 1%(since 100%=1) which would be 0.25%. biggrin.gif Just in case you couldn't tell I'm kinda bored. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 21 2002,05:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well technically he wrote .25%(notice the decimal there) so he really said 25% of 1%(since 100%=1) which would be 0.25%. biggrin.gif   Just in case you couldn't tell I'm kinda bored. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

originally, it was 25% on the thread title wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 20 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 21 2002,05:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well technically he wrote .25%(notice the decimal there) so he really said 25% of 1%(since 100%=1) which would be 0.25%. biggrin.gif Just in case you couldn't tell I'm kinda bored. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

originally, it was 25% on the thread title wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes and actually when I see goofy things like that I remember just how much attention people pay to detail, and assume they meant the right value/unit. wink.gif

*okay got the doll ready, now just need a DNA sample" xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*okay got the doll ready, now just need a DNA sample" <span id='postcolor'>- From a swedish donkey? bah good luck tounge.gif

question: Does it improve performance in a significant way or not ?

I am unwilling to install a DirectX beta that will need an extra remover afterwards. So did it improve your system ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">question: Does it improve performance in a significant way or not ?<span id='postcolor'> No, there is no game that takes advantage of Dx9 capability. And Programs like 3DMark that are programmed to test Dx8 will perform whit same or worse result as before.

Btw this is not a beta xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">are there any noticeable differences either way over DirectX 8.1?<span id='postcolor'>Again, No... not yet smile.gif

i'm installing it so that next time when i have to install it, i don't have to....being dilligent now pays off later wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 21 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm installing it so that next time when i have to install it, i don't have to....being dilligent now pays off later wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing is going to require DX9 for a while -- maybe some enhanced feature will on some new releases, but the programs will all work with DX8.

So until there is a compelling reason to install DX9 (other than wanting to be the first kid on the block with it on their system), I would advise anyone to wait and let others sort out any issues and compatibility problems.

Actually there is one game the takes use of DX9. Infact it came out shortly after the release of DX9 from Nvidia. Right now it's just a demo but looks pretty cool.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=game_gunmetal

No issues with the install as well. Everything seems to be running optimally. As with all major system changes, make sure to back up your stuff before installing it. With XP or.... cringe ME just make a system restore point. Win98 just back up the user.dat win.ini etc. etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Dec. 21 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone having Alt-Tabbing Problems with OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,

I'm a french OFP player... smile.gif

I have also an alt-tabbing problems since i have DX9...

Alt tab don't work very well... but with another game like falcon4 or other alt tab works fine...

Well, i hope they solve problem soon cause this one stress me for scripting.... confused.gif

So, try to reinstall ofp... confused.gif