Zombiemonkey99

Arma 3 Launcher wont start

So my friends arma 3 launcher wont start giving the following message:

Unexpected error occured, "Set property "system.windows.FrameworkElement.Style" threw an exception

But the weird thing is that he can play arma III by opening it via its installation location.
We want to play arma with mods but i cant find another way to play with mods without launching the launcher

He has a legit copy of arma III and we have played it with launcher but after he updated his windows 7 to windows 10 it gives the error

We tried:
-uninstalling the game
-Running as administrator

-Deleting every data file of arma*

-Searching the web for help but nothing helped

but sadly we cant figure out how and why this happens

Does anybody else got this in the past and how did you fix it?

Welcome to Bis forums!

As per the latest update to the game 1.84 under known issues the launcher is listed, here is what is lists there:

• The RadeonPro graphics card utility may cause the Launcher to crash. Disable it or add arma3launcher.exe to its compatibility list and set "Disable API detection".
  • The Raptr client may cause Launcher to crash.
  • The game may crash after starting the game from the Launcher when steam is not running before you start Launcher.
  • Mod authors can be listed as "Unknown" in the MODS tab in some cases.
18 hours ago, Zombiemonkey99 said:

Unexpected error occured, "Set property "system.windows.FrameworkElement.Style" threw an exception

That has to do with Microsoft net framework i believe see the link below for the launcher and what is required:

https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting

hope that helps. :)

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to Bis forums!

As per the latest update to the game 1.84 under known issues the launcher is listed here is what is lists there:

• The RadeonPro graphics card utility may cause the Launcher to crash. Disable it or add arma3launcher.exe to its compatibility list and set "Disable API detection".
  • The Raptr client may cause Launcher to crash.
  • The game may crash after starting the game from the Launcher when steam is not running before you start Launcher.
  • Mod authors can be listed as "Unknown" in the MODS tab in some cases.

That has to do with Microsoft net framework i believe see the link below for the launcher and what is required:

https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting

hope that helps. :)

alright thank you, I will check out if it works

17 hours ago, Zombiemonkey99 said:

alright thank you, I will check out if it works

So i re-installed the microsoft net framework programs and now arma III works,

thanks for the help

• Like 1