Sign in to follow this  
dutchsoldier

New official unit !

Right when i saw this addon i started drooling. I sat and let it download on my 50 kbs modem. I installed it and booted up res. Went to editor found it tested it very good! Nice textures inside and out. Very good weapon effects and very damn fun great work! Eh a WW1 mod would be fun and all but you would have to get all the trench effects and all that plus barbwire cuting people.

If i get some time im going to create a mission that goes like this.

There is a russian convoy of small arms heading from some docks in novaga to a military base an american op

has got onto the island. Since there is AA all along the outside of the island american planes cant make it in without being spoted and the convoy being stoped. But there is a old guy liveing there that loves the old WW1 stuff and he has a fully loaded camel. So the american solider must steal it and take out 2 soviet trucks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ Dec. 22 2002,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i get some time im going to create a mission that goes like this.

There is a russian convoy of small arms heading from some docks in novaga to a military base an american op

has got onto the island. Since there is AA all along the outside of the island american planes cant make it in without being spoted and the convoy being stoped. But there is a old guy liveing there that loves the old WW1 stuff and he has a fully loaded camel. So the american solider must steal it and take out 2 soviet trucks<span id='postcolor'>

I think that old man would love to help Nato to stop the Soviets from invading his home wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 21 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shows that BIS never lacks the imagination to make something really useless mad.gif

They could just as well have created something USEFUL!

It´s like the fire department coming to extinguish a house fire, then they use their fire hoses to start a pool party!!!

And the crying children who live in the house look on in horror, and their parents wonder why they pay TAXES! mad.gif  mad.gif

Oh and merry xmas BIS xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Well, at least it's a bit more useful than a pushbike or Mini.

And for those complaining its for 1.90 or higher, go buy Resistance! The best money youve ever spent (since original OFP anyway).

We had a MP run with the Camels tonight.

Few words: It was pure fun biggrin.gif

Watching your mate with a camel at it´s 6, setting yourself up right behind the enemy chasing your friend and blowing it to pieces with one eye on the airspeed is just a hell of a fun.

The CiA Clan loves this addon ! Excellent addon and maximum fun.

Best kill was when an enemy camel landed from opposite direction than me. I hopped out of the plane and killed the pilot with my revolver. After that 2 dogfighting planes crashed on the runway destroying my own plane. So I took the plane that´s pilot i just shot out and rubbered off the runway at 80 km/h.

Pure fun. Thanks again BIS. xmas.gif

i found aiming at the top wing in the centre will 90% of the time kill the pilot out right.

plus i have just finished a coop mission for the camel and it has over 60 camels in it with hardly any lag on the server at all smile.gif

Keep an eye out for it on my webpage smile.gif

Junker's Bunker

psvg,

Ford want you to spend money on their product, therefore the onus is on them to convince you to buy it. With addons, you're getting them for free. If you want to point out some error in the addon then the onus should be on you to prove that your point is valid, not on the addon maker who made it.

SelectThis

I just played "Camel Attack" again, and I was cruising around in a big circle to gain altitude and make another bombing run.

I was looking back over the right side of the tail, admiring the moving rudder and wire bracing and hazy sky, when I noticed two white trails reaching up to me from Petrovice. Someone had the audacity to fire SAMs at me!

Both of them missed and I just made a mental note to avoid the area around Petrovice in the future, but then I noticed another spec in the sky -- that turned out to be an enemy Camel. I got into a dogfight and shot him down easily enough.

However, on the next bombing run, I got too close to the bomb explosion, and the M2 really got my number, too. As I was pulling away from the factory compound, my damage got about 90% maxed out, and I was having trouble gaining altitude and maintaining control. I ejected, but I was injured enough that I couldn't stand, and of course I couldn't aim the pistol very well either.

The M2 had continued firing on me even as I was floating to the ground, and it finished me off despite my fruitless attempts to put a round from the S&W between the eyes of the gunner.

In short, I had great fun!

Nice sentiment, but coming from 6 years of modding planes for Microsoft's Flight sims, I hate to say it, but it ain't so, Joe,

Disagree with me all you wish, again the onus of the disagreement resides with you.

Gimme gimme!

Go here to get the Fokker: http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/

i have a question.

I have not had an enjoyable experience with flying planes in OPF/RES. Is there a way to set the throttle to 100% ? When I fly, I have to use my right hand on the joystick and my left hand holding/pressing the throttle key (UP Cursor). This is annoying.

In most flight simulators, you can press a key once to set its throttle to 100%. I can't seem to do this in OPF.

any help there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Dec. 23 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gimme gimme!

Go here to get the Fokker: http://members.lycos.nl/nomansland/

i have a question.

I have not had an enjoyable experience with flying planes in OPF/RES. Is there a way to set the throttle to 100% ? When I fly, I have to use my right hand on the joystick and my left hand holding/pressing the throttle key (UP Cursor). This is annoying.

In most flight simulators, you can press a key once to set its throttle to 100%. I can't seem to do this in OPF.

any help there?<span id='postcolor'>

There is a way - use a joystick with a throttle slider.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Dec. 22 2002,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Quote (toadeater @ Dec. 21 2002,14:43)

What was the purpose of this? Is this the remnant of some kind of test? I hope it isn't the complete waste of time it appears to be.

Please fix the @#+*$^*(*%^!!! game's bugs and stop fooling around.

Was I dictating to them? I asked a question. I find someone spending the time to make WW1 airplanes and bicycles in light of the current situation with the OFP engine a bit strange.

I mean, they could have put a turret on the BRDM2, or maybe a TOW launcher on the Humvee, or add a Russian heavy machine gun, or the countless other things we have actually been asking for and could use. But no, instead we got a bicycle and an obsolete airplane that doesn't fit into the OFP time period.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

NO DOUBT!! Since the release of 1.90 game play on-line has become a complete joke! I'm not even gonna mention how screwed up things have gotten with 1.91. There are atleast 10 TOP quality people creating addon's for this game... INCLUDING BI-PLANES! With that in mind, you would think BIS would be concentrating on the patches... not useless models!Besides the game is called: Operation Flashpoint 1985, NOT 1930's!

You guys released O2 for modellers... Since then they have taken this game to new heights. They are doing what they do best... models. Why not concentrate on doing what you do best? OPF IMHO is the best to EVER hit the market PERIOD-HANDS DOWN! But it seems that with ever patch released on-line game play gets a whole new bag of worms and with 1.90 has become all but unplayable. 160 maps on the server we played with 1.75, yet now with 1.90 we can only play 5 of them because of false addon messages that crash everyone back to the lobby, or to their desktops! Now with 1.91 it's gotten even worst, if you can imagine that. Most all the official league maps now have ammo pouches that spawn by the hundreds until the game is so lagged out NO1 can play even with 4Ghz machine... Sad but true! All we wanted for Christmas was a patch that actually worked... What did we get? A bi-plane... aka lump of coal... wow, thx alot Santa.

PS... to all you ass kisser's that told me to STFU... Have fun playing with your new toy and fighting AI in SP mode... I could careless about SP mode. May comments were to those who bought this game to play on-line against humans... something your not capable of. You Polly Annie one liners have no effect on me. Fact is you prolly could'nt fight your way out of your own house...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CarolCray @ Dec. 23 2002,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But it seems that with ever patch released on-line game play gets a whole new bag of worms and with 1.90 has become all but unplayable. 160 maps on the server we played with 1.75, yet now with 1.90 we can only play 5 of them because of false addon messages that crash everyone back to the lobby, or to their desktops! Now with 1.91 it's gotten even worst, if you can imagine that.<span id='postcolor'>

If you think OFP gets worse with each patch released, why do you want another one to be released, which, given how incompetent we are, would certainly be worst of them? wow.gif

We released this addon because we wanted to set-up some standard how addons should like (following OFPEC tags guidelines, including sample mission with addons). We plan to release a set of tools that will make installing addons much easier, and we need to test some of the tools before publishing them.

We also wanted to give OFP users some nice christmas gift. Creating this addont required almost no programming time, and only a moderate ammount of atrist time, and which is probably the most important, Araon really enjoyed creating this addon, no matter how useless it may seem.

I am surprised how many people think about what we "should do" and "will do" in terms of "economy", "money" and "company plans". The main driving force behing the OFP development was always enthusiasm and the fact we wanted to create something interesting and enjoyable. This creative force is hard to predict and it may sometimes bear a strange fruit, like this Camel addon. If you like it, enjoy it, if not, do not let it to bring you down, you can certainly find some other toys to play with.

Merry christmas, everyone. xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a way - use a joystick with a throttle slider. <span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for reply.

Nope, I don't have a throttle slider. What's another way? I NEED ANOTHER WAY! I can't fly this way: one hand on joystick and the other on the keyboard. Perhaps I can set one of my buttons on my joystick for throttle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NO DOUBT!! Since the release of 1.90 game play on-line has become a complete joke! I'm not even gonna mention how screwed up things have gotten with 1.91. There are atleast 10 TOP quality people creating addon's for this game... INCLUDING BI-PLANES! With that in mind, you would think BIS would be concentrating on the patches... not useless models!Besides the game is called: Operation Flashpoint 1985, NOT 1930's!

You guys released O2 for modellers... Since then they have taken this game to new heights. They are doing what they do best... models. Why not concentrate on doing what you do best? OPF IMHO is the best to EVER hit the market PERIOD-HANDS DOWN! But it seems that with ever patch released on-line game play gets a whole new bag of worms and with 1.90 has become all but unplayable. 160 maps on the server we played with 1.75, yet now with 1.90 we can only play 5 of them because of false addon messages that crash everyone back to the lobby, or to their desktops! Now with 1.91 it's gotten even worst, if you can imagine that. Most all the official league maps now have ammo pouches that spawn by the hundreds until the game is so lagged out NO1 can play even with 4Ghz machine... Sad but true! All we wanted for Christmas was a patch that actually worked... What did we get? A bi-plane... aka lump of coal... wow, thx alot Santa.

PS... to all you ass kisser's that told me to STFU... Have fun playing with your new toy and fighting AI in SP mode... I could careless about SP mode. May comments were to those who bought this game to play on-line against humans... something your not capable of. You Polly Annie one liners have no effect on me. Fact is you prolly could'nt fight your way out of your own house...<span id='postcolor'>

<evil grin>

You're prolly just having bad luck. I haven't noticed anything to the degree you're describing. All maps I play, are still playable.

I bought this game to play online too. And I still can!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All we wanted for Christmas was a patch that actually worked... What did we get? A bi-plane... aka lump of coal... wow, thx alot Santa.<span id='postcolor'>

Okay, this plane is great. It's there because now dogfighting is great. I'd rather have this than have just another jet with a couple of missiles. This new planes makes some things pretty intresting. Not to mention it's a great model with a great skin! And so what, these are BETA PATCHES! They aren't full pathces like the 1.75 to 1.85 patch. They are releasing things little by little now. (Which I do quite like). So what, this portion isn't exactly what you want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not even gonna mention how screwed up things have gotten with 1.91<span id='postcolor'>

1.91 is a beta patch. And why don't you read a bit on the download page?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive Studio accept no responsibility for problems caused by downloading or installing this patch.<span id='postcolor'>

They just warned you right there that it may have bad effects! So quit the bitching!

This will be my last post for awhile so as to not hog the thread.

I like the Sopwith Camel. I have not tried it yet but I like it. I will wait for an updated release. Get some German Fokkers and Zeppelins and some flak guns, and we can have some real fun here.

The only thing I would request is for BIS to make it so that the throttle can be set to 100% by pressing a key once. Having to keep the button pressed is no fun because I have to take my hand off the throttle to go select a weapon or even fire. Here's my suggestion: press shift + and that sets it to 100%. This is standard for most flight simulators.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you think OFP gets worse with each patch released, why do you want another one to be released, which, given how incompetent we are, would certainly be worst of them?  wow.gif

We released this addon because we wanted to set-up some standard how addons should like (following OFPEC tags guidelines, including sample mission with addons). We plan to release a set of tools that will make installing addons much easier, and we need to test some of the tools before publishing them.

We also wanted to give OFP users some nice christmas gift. Creating this addont required almost no programming time, and only a moderate ammount of atrist time, and which is probably the most important, Araon really enjoyed creating this addon, no matter how useless it may seem.<span id='postcolor'>

I did say: IMHO OFP is the best game to ever hit the market hands down, did I not? ie. Incompetent? I hardly think so:)

You say: "We released this addon because we wanted to set-up some standard how addons should like"... funny I still have'nt seen a post from BIS saying, "This is how it's done guys, use this as your template."... but hey, hind-sight is 20-20... right? Besides get real... there are ample people making addon's right now that follow all the guide lines pefectly... those who are not, are simply to lazy to read the manuals from those who take the time to write them. But I guess that's why your creating tools now... for the lazy and truely incompetent one's that prolly should not be making add-ons anyway... am I right or wrong?

Suma It is nor ever was my intention to ruffle thy feathers, I was only expressing my deepest disappointment... Thx for taking the time to express yours in me. I can tell Ive seriously po'ed you... your spelling and grammer errors rival my own:)

Love always,

Carol Cray

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CarolCray @ Dec. 23 2002,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But it seems that with ever patch released on-line game play gets a whole new bag of worms and with 1.90 has become all but unplayable. 160 maps on the server we played with 1.75, yet now with 1.90 we can only play 5 of them because of false addon messages that crash everyone back to the lobby, or to their desktops! Now with 1.91 it's gotten even worst, if you can imagine that.<span id='postcolor'>

If you think OFP gets worse with each patch released, why do you want another one to be released, which, given how incompetent we are, would certainly be worst of them?  wow.gif

We also wanted to give OFP users some nice christmas gift. Creating this addont required almost no programming time, and only a moderate ammount of atrist time, and which is probably the most important, Araon really enjoyed creating this addon, no matter how useless it may seem.

I am surprised how many people think about what we "should do" and "will do" in terms of "economy", "money" and "company plans". The main driving force behing the OFP development was always enthusiasm and the fact we wanted to create something interesting and enjoyable. This creative force is hard to predict and it may sometimes bear a strange fruit, like this Camel addon. If you like it, enjoy it, if not, do not let it to bring you down, you can certainly find some other toys to play with.

Merry christmas, everyone.  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Suma,

I totally Agree with you!

people should be greatful that they get these Awesome addons,from BIS... and it is a great present!ThankYou

Do you have any other Add-ons in the works{Maybe another piece of farm Equipment} biggrin.gif Anyway thanks Again for a great add-on and i look forward to seeing what you guys are gonna release next biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Merry christmas, everyone.  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Suma, most of us agree with you and thank-you for your continued hard work xmas.gif

MERRY XMAS

Dear Santa

Thank-you for the plane you sent me for Christmas ....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We released this addon because we wanted to set-up some standard how addons should like (following OFPEC tags guidelines, including sample mission with addons). We plan to release a set of tools that will make installing addons much easier, and we need to test some of the tools before publishing them.<span id='postcolor'>

Let me just warn forum members about this paragraph since some might have problem with English or understanding it.

Suma says that they PLAN to release a set of tools, not WILL release. So please do not come again a few weeks later and say "where is the tool? we can't wait!"

given track record of BIS releasing their tools i don't doubt that they will release it. xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Merry christmas, everyone.  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A merry Cristmas to you guys over there at BIS too!!  xmas.gif

-Kamila Clarová

-Karel Matějka

-Vojtěch Novák

-Viktor Bocan

-Petr Pechar

-Petr Víšek

-Jan Hovora

-Jirí Martinek

-Robert Štípek

-Adam Bílek

-Ondrej Spanel

-Marek Spanel

And anyone I might have forgotten!!  xmas.gif  xmas.gif

PS Real good job at the Camel!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Merry christmas, everyone. <span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, thx so very much  biggrin.gif

I think on Christmas it's gonna be non stop RTS3 and Camel Dogfights  biggrin.gif

xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Dec. 23 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 23 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Merry christmas, everyone.  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A merry Cristmas to you guys over there at BIS too!!  xmas.gif

-Kamila Clarová

-Karel Matějka

-Vojtěch Novák

-Viktor Bocan

-Petr Pechar

-Petr Víšek

-Jan Hovora

-Jiří Martinek

-Robert Štípek

-Adam Bílek

-Ondrej Spanel

-Marek Spanel

And anyone I might have forgotten!!  xmas.gif  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

just to add one

Radan xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there are ample people making addon's right now that follow all the guide lines perfectly... those who are not, are simply to lazy to read the manuals from those who take the time to write them. But I guess that's why your creating tools now... for the lazy and truely incompetent one's that prolly should not be making add-ons anyway... am I right or wrong?

<span id='postcolor'>

My dear Carol:

You are right on 2 points.  First, we are blood-sucking greedy parasites. I guess you could say we are sort of like trolls or bottom feeders. We troll around the MOD sites and download other peoples' work for our own pleasure and gratification. Second, you would not want an addon created by me because I do not know what the hell is going on.

For me, it's not laziness or incompetence. I blame it on the constraints of time. For those of us who have real jobs with real working hours, there just isn't enough time. I see that the OPF addon market is saturated with mod makers. I can get just about any addon from any war I want. So in response to this economic cycle of large supply, I am diverting my attention elsewhere to an area where supply is limited. I am in the process of trying to learn how to use a 3-D program called Unreal Tournament. This is for a whole new game and engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suma says that they PLAN to release a set of tools, not WILL release. So please do not come again a few weeks later and say "where is the tool? we can't wait!"

<span id='postcolor'>

Wiggum: Do we really need any tools? I downloaded an addon manager in VB 6, and it's all I ever need. I think the "addon market" as I like to call it has already identified this need and have delivered.