Sign in to follow this  
Salva Teacher

[ERROR] Eden Editor 3D - Portable lighting

Hello, I'm French, this text has been translated with Google Translate.

I want to report an error in the eden 3D Editor.

Portable lighting is considered an AI. The options of this structure are therefore not the same as a normal structure. (Example: House).

I hope this is an error because otherwise I could not achieve what I wanted.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 11:04 AM, Lythy Trumpiste said:

Portable lighting is considered an AI. The options of this structure are therefore not the same as a normal structure.

Not sure I understand. These seem to be similar enough:

HB2xttU.jpg

V6y6qwV.jpg

I use no mods, only the structure and object in the Eden Editor 3D.

Attribute for an Altis structure

1534094364-20180812191804-1.jpg

Attribute for portable lighting

1534094364-20180812191822-1.jpg

And look in "Object: Type"

@Lythy Trumpiste
*EDIT* - AH! I see now. The portable helipad lights exhibit this behavior. That does indeed look like a bug!

Yes excuse me, in French no other object is named: portable lighting, that of your video is to name of another name

And another bug is needed on the same object, Before one of the update of arma3, we can do this action: - Disable dynamic simulation - Disable simulation - Enabled Simple Object - On Displayed template - Disabled damage Then with that, the object will not move then the light will come on. Now impossible to light the small light without moving in all directions

1534098114-bh1.jpg

Now impossible to light the small light without moving in all directions

BIS_fnc_attachToRelative

I like to designate an "anchor" object, then reference all other objects in the composition to it.

fJeAimS.jpg

And another bug is needed on the same object, Before one of the update of arma3, we can do this action:

- Disable dynamic simulation

- Disable simulation

- Enabled Simple Object

- On Displayed template

- Disabled damage

Then with that, the object will not move then the light will come on. Now impossible to light the small light without moving in all directions

Pretty sure you've never been able to disable simulation on a light and have it still work. Same for simple objects.

Before the update, I only activated the simple object and displayed model, the lights stay on without moving. After updating this tip no longer works, normal?

I can't say that I have ever seen light simulated on a simple object. Was it possible before with the portable helipad light? Maybe so. Is it now? Apparently not. I do know that the method I posted above always works.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, Lythy Trumpiste said:

How do we proceed for what remains lit but without which parte in all directions?

Again, the method I posted above

As far as I know, disabling simulation always meant that lights could not be turned on. Same was true for flood lights for example. And it makes sense, you disable its simulation.

@Harzach solution is the easiest one, just attach it to another object that is static.

It would be nice if BIS considered adding an option to disable physics simulation only, but keep logical simulation such as it being lit up etc.