Toonen1988

Attacking players shelter

Hello everyone,

I received yesterday a message about Vigor, it got into "early access" preview state. You can buy the founders pack for 20 euro's and play it unlimited. But i was wondering something, since i'm older and don't have the time to be online every minute of the day, how does the shelter work. Can other people attack your shelter, even when you are offline? I'm looking more for a relaxing survival shooter where you don't have to worry that you get raided while you are offline, something that happens in Rust. To much time consume and it feels more like a job then a game.

So, can we attack other players shelter? If yes, can this also be done offline?

It sounds a little bit harsh, but if we can raid other people shelters, especially offline, then i would leave this game alone. Bohemia Interactive is one of my favorite developers and it hurts to push away a game from them. But it's not the game fault but my own fault, because i wan't more relaxing gameplay. Going in a raid/match, kill people, lose or gather loot is what i want ala Escape From Tarkov. But i don't want to have any raids going on and need to stay online or check everyday if my base is still standing.

• Like 1

Your shelter base does not get attacked while off-line.

You make improvements to it by upgrading and leveling up the shelter, between matches. The different stations at your base will produce resources for you while you are off-line, but the only person that has access to it is you. No need to worry about shelter raids. Loot what you can from the map, and return to the shelter, just how you left it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brochacho2 said:

Your shelter base does not get attacked while off-line.

You make improvements to it by upgrading and leveling up the shelter, between matches. The different stations at your base will produce resources for you while you are off-line, but the only person that has access to it is you. No need to worry about shelter raids. Loot what you can from the map, and return to the shelter, just how you left it.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm going to buy this game one of these days!

• Like 2

Hope they will never even think about implementing this nonsense. I would probably drop game immediately, I don't want to have to worry about my stuff being raided by no-lifes while I'm having a real life.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GimbleFIN_ said:

Hope they will never even think about implementing this nonsense. I would probably drop game immediately, I don't want to have to worry about my stuff being raided by no-lifes while I'm having a real life.

I agree, not something I'd like to see. Can't see it working to be honest, as the Shelter is your progression system, it would be like playing an RPG and losing progress each time you got killed. 

This is one of the reasons why I stopped playing Rust for example. It's to much time consuming and always those worries that your base might be going after coming home from work. 

the base is a bit bugged around the shooting range .. I go all the way in with my shotty ..you know stalking mode , but when I come back to the fence it doesn't load shoot