albatross_original

Download loop after 1.84 update

Hi guys

Faced with issue of download loop. Appeared after recent 1.84 update.

Infinite download for 13gb in Steam

Chronology of events:

1.Updated  Arma 3 to 1.84. Download finished correctly no problem.

2.Download loop started for 13gb.

3.Moved to latest version of Steam Client 1 aug 2018 assembly.

4.Verified arma 3 files. Steam told me approximately 325 files to redownload. Steam refreshed (downloaded) files for game succesfuly - integrity check indicated ok. Btw during this procedure steam rechecked 13gb download (the same volume as during download loop).

5.Download loop started again the same amount of 13gb.

6.I stopped download and flushed download cache through steam preferences.

7.Download loop continued its job with no changes.

Please help

34 minutes ago, albatross_original said:

Now it indicating again that 325 files havent passed integrity test and redownload started again

Which is a good thing. I'd be surprised if this didn't fix it, and was going to be my suggestion anyway.

But now it turned into new kind of loop. Now it is not about just infinite 13gb dowload.

The new pattern is:

1.Checking integrity - 325 files wrong.

2.Downloads wrong files. Finishes ok. 

3.Starts new infinite download.

4.Go to number 1.

As i have slow internet i dont want to reinstall the game. But seems it is the only option?

1 minute ago, albatross_original said:

As i have slow internet i dont want to reinstall the game. But seems it is the only option?

I know the pain, my internet is horribly slow.

Dumb question, I know, but do you have enough space on your drive for it?

Well its far not a dumb question. I wouldnt say that space is not an issue but for now there must be like 1gb left after update. Usualy when i dont have space steam warns me he cant finish download because of it but now there are no messages.

update:

This is weird but i have just stopped download manually and run arma 3 and it started ok. I did the same before with no results.

I also made 13gb on my drive extra space to trick download loop (just in case). 

For some unknown reason windows awared me of wrong free space amount as well. Maybe its because of steam memory allocation for download. I never now if windows shows me free space ater steam allocated some space (including space for those loop) or actual real time amount of space.

ok game runs. seems the issue was a combination of low amount of freespace and some magic.

• Like 1