HelixOne Gaming

Vigor squads

What are your thoughts on team play?

I figured if it was implemented we may need a bigger map, and more crates dropping on the map to prolong the games and keep the intensity.

I know for sure our wonderful Devs are going to put it in. It's just a matter of when and how. The way it's put in and how it functions really will shape the player base.

The devs have said that a co-op mode is in the works. I think the map size would be fun in that mode, gun fights all over! 

I think squads would require a bigger map though.

• Thanks 1

Duo's is viable but squads would not work with the current maps they are too small. I think loot would also be an issue with squads there wouldn't be enough to go round not to mention 1 loot crate between 4.

Yup. I think I said all of that haha. Need bigger maps. Obviously with bigger maps comes more loot and crates.

So in a duo type mode, would it be better to keep the player count in the match the same, or double it?

How would the crate drop work? Two drops in duo mode, or two packages in one crate drop?

I hope the player count gets doubled when a co-op mode is added.

How about a revive mechanic, but the player that is doing the reviving has to have a certain medical consumable in their inventory?

That would make the match pre-planning a little more interesting. Are you the pack mule, or the medic? Know your role lol

• Like 3

Dude I actually love that idea. That would really make your supplies that you bring out matter a whole lot more. Being prepared could be a matter of life and death

• Like 1

And definitely a higher player count would be needed if the maps were to be expanded

With co-op, we'd like to start smaller and expand the feature after that. The first step would likely be just a separate queue for teams of two with little changes in the actual gameplay. Then we can build upon this foundation with gameplay changes specific to co-op, bigger teams, adjusting player counts, etc.

• Like 3

I play Escape From Tarkov many times solo and duo. We love to fight against bigger groups, as solo and duo. Why? Because it feels so good when you destroy a whole squad. Sneaking around, make them confused, flank them, pick them off one by one. It's good fun, but in Vigor? 

Haven't played a single shooter on my console for years now. So I completely suck again with my controller and shooting is a bit clunky, arcade"ish" but I didn't expect anything else from a console shooter but I think that I don't like to fight against squads while being solo in this game. 

So it will be wonderful to have a matchmaking for squads, while I don't want that in Escape From Tarkov. 

Both are great fun but the shooting mechanics are so different. That's why I want Vigor more duo vs duo, squads vs squads like pubg and match everyone with eachother in Escape from Tarkov. It's just how the game plays and how it is made. 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2018 at 11:25 PM, HelixOne Gaming said:

and more crates dropping

We are still thinking about all of the possibilities as when it comes to the team play. For now, we are mostly thinking just about duos which wouldn't require much larger maps or anything. And as Locklear mentioned :

On 06/08/2018 at 1:46 PM, Locklear said:

The first step would likely be just a separate queue for teams of two with little changes in the actual gameplay.

;)

• Like 1