To me this handles very bad, getting sights on target is like turning a battle ship. Keeping them there is like surgery. A shotgun or ambush tactics seem to be the way to go because hitting someone who is running is way to hard, and trying. To shoot someone who is right next to you is impossible! I know this is the unreal engine and not a frostbite engine or any of the other high dollar engines but the general handling of the guns and camera is in a bad spot. I don’t know if a very minor amount of aim assist is needed or what. I am just a gamer you guys know how to make it work?

• Haha 1

shotgun is way to go or straight up knife fight. i tried adjusting settings it does take forever to turn while ADS and the hit detection is hit or miss but miss more than anything

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ik alot of people will say, "Well this is a beta, problems are expected." But its the type of problems that are expected that build feedback and specific concerns. The aiming is a massive shame because aiming a weapon is a basic function of any FPS. How do you mess that up as a developer? Its like they have never attempted FPP before. All the other bugs seem like natural bugs that would come with any other alpha stage game. But even the shotgun aim is cockeyed? Come on Bohemia....

• Thanks 1

I feel like the aiming is pretty accurate i have no problems getting 5 kills a game, you just need to adjust your ads settings an practice at the range? Yea it could use a little work but i still murder w/o shottys or knife i main lugar or soumi

• Confused 1

kills not a problem but coming from playing games with extremely refined gunplay this game is light years away. i mean granted this is survival not br or cod style game. the gunplay should be alot better dayz suffers from same issues i thought bohemia could be past this but like anything its a work in progress they will make changes and some will be happy and others will scream they broke it. cannot please everyone. but either way we will survive and rock what works till they break it then we will figure out a new way like any game adapt and overcome!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Levi Feaster said:

I feel like the aiming is pretty accurate i have no problems getting 5 kills a game, you just need to adjust your ads settings an practice at the range? Yea it could use a little work but i still murder w/o shottys or knife i main lugar or soumi

Have you never approached a player face to face then? The flinch is outrages. And if you aim over the shoulder, its just a hit or miss situation and all you can do is hope to get the hits. From Medium to far range, its not too much of a problem, but close ranged battles are either just one sided, depending on who shoots first, or just RNG hope to get the kill. I feel the aiming and shooting system should be at the top of the list of bug fixes right now, because its a base function of any FPS and needs to be refined as soon and as best as possible.

• Like 3

I never over shoulder aim because it's not my style an yea I've been point blank multiple times when fpp i never have problems

Ya gun handling should be a number one priority and gunplay there has been a number of engagements I've been in where my gun just stopped shooting or the gun animations and sound just stopped ? Deff a huge bug which I think a lot of people are getting but deff think gunplay should be your number one focus and making it more refined and fluid 

The third person aiming could use some more accurate fine tuning to its near to impossible to kill someone it's so inaccurate even up close I can see it being more inaccurate for distance shots but that has to be adjusted for up close engagements.

• Like 1