Sign in to follow this  
Corey Downer

Execute with Knife

I have been killed by knife and just recently got my first kill with a knife. It would be a nice addition if when sneaking up on someone there would be some sort of execution or something (similar to battlefield). I recently snuck up on a player and wasn't sure how it would go, but he just started poking him with the knife until he died. It just seemed kind of clunky

17 minutes ago, Corey Downer said:

I have been killed by knife and just recently got my first kill with a knife. It would be a nice addition if when sneaking up on someone there would be some sort of execution or something (similar to battlefield). I recently snuck up on a player and wasn't sure how it would go, but he just started poking him with the knife until he died. It just seemed kind of clunky

Yeah, but it is kinda satisfying to get behind someone and stabbing them prison-style! But it would be a nice feature to have some sort of takedown.

I agree, this would be cool, but also very dangerous balance wise. The knife s already really really strong ( I would even call it op) If there is a thing like execution, maybe the player has to come frome behind have some sort a quicktime event? maybe pressing random buttons instead of just one? Keep in mind in games like battlefield its not a big deal to die. You can respawn rght away, but in vigor a death means you loose a lot of potential progress.

Another reason why this would be hard to balance is the fact that you have the 3rd person view. you can stand behind a door and wait for someone to come in range for the one-tap kill. You can see him but he is not able to see you until its too late, when the knife player knows how to position himself. 

So yeah if there will be ever a feature like this we have to be very very careful to reach a propper balance. 

Greetings Dino

7 hours ago, killumiden said:

Maybe it should just be more violently, as I mentioned, prison-style, haha. 

i agree. i would like it to be a slashing style motion though would probably get rid of its clunkyness feel at times with its straight forward prison shank animation everytime