Danowan

Game Preview - What has changed from the "Beta?" Lots of feedback.

I am reporting on the same bugs that I experienced during the Xbox Insider "Beta." I picked up the Game Preview thinking that some progress would have been made with the game being down for a week. What I experienced tonight almost made me want to get a refund. I am disappointed. Are you, the devs, actually utilizing these forums and taking in the heaps of feedback we are giving you?

• Camera is janky. When I am running around, the camera has the micro shakes that don't seem intentional. The camera bugs out if I crouch and stand up rapidly. Not sure what it's trying to do, but again, this does not seem intentional.
  • I cannot tell if gun jamming is a feature of the game or not. It feels incredibly frustrating when it happens. If it is a feature, why not give some type of audial cue that it has happened, and please make the trigger pulls consistent to get my gun firing again.
  • Trying to loot cars is problematic because I have to go to the other side of the car that shows the 'Hold X' prompt. Why not have a prompt on both sides? Or what about making the whole vehicle a prompt?
  • Increase the volume of the footsteps, and how far away the character begins to hear them.
  • Decrease the gunshot volume. If I have to turn up my headphones to hear footsteps, then the gunshots will make my eardrums bleed. This game needs serious audio balancing.
  • Nerf the knives or make it so I can shoot someone point blank without them making my gun aim to the sealing because they are too close trying to knife me. This is unbelievably frustrating, and soon, people are going to exploit this even more than they are.
  • Why did you remove the player count when I am trying to join a lobby? I appreciate seeing how much time it's taken since I started a queue, but why remove the other information. Baffling.
  • Can we get a description for all the options that we have under 'Advanced Controls/Settings?" I wonder if anyone, besides the devs, know what they mean.
  • Add an audio cue to switching firing modes on all guns. A simple "click" would suffice.
  • Sometimes ammo looks like it doesn't leave my inventory. This has resulted in me joining a match without any ammo because I thought I had 90 rounds in my backpack.
  • Putting a gun on my character and then putting it back in my stash will result in the gun still appearing on my back.
  • Add a strong epilepsy warning at the start of the game because, my god, the muzzle flash on any fully automatic gun is insane. Like a fast paced strobe light.
  • Fix the spawns! I spawned within 50 feet/15 meters from a person and he rushed me with a knife and subsequently killed me because I couldn't shoot down at him.
  • Activating the vault mechanic is very inconsistent, and sometimes my character will "high jump" to get over a small ledge. This can reveal my position unintentionally.
  • Please, please, PLEASE show a stronger visual cue that I actually hit someone during a firefight. The current experience is spray, pray, and wait til either party dies, which is NOT a good experience when that's a huge aspect of this game. Fix the shooting! Get help from MS or something.
  • An audio bug can be found at the waterfall next to the safehouse. It sounds like a generator is running, or one of the sound effects of water crashing on rocks is looping too soon.
  • The shotgun doesn't align right when ADS. From what I remember, the tip of the gun is pointing slightly left.

That's all I can think of, for now. You may want to establish a template for bug reporting, sooner than later.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Danowan said:

I am reporting on the same bugs that I experienced during the Xbox Insider "Beta." I picked up the Game Preview thinking that some progress would have been made with the game being down for a week. What I experienced tonight almost made me want to get a refund. I am disappointed. Are you, the devs, actually utilizing these forums and taking in the heaps of feedback we are giving you?

• Camera is janky. When I am running around, the camera has the micro shakes that don't seem intentional. The camera bugs out if I crouch and stand up rapidly. Not sure what it's trying to do, but again, this does not seem intentional.
  • I cannot tell if gun jamming is a feature of the game or not. It feels incredibly frustrating when it happens. If it is a feature, why not give some type of audial cue that it has happened, and please make the trigger pulls consistent to get my gun firing again.
  • Trying to loot cars is problematic because I have to go to the other side of the car that shows the 'Hold X' prompt. Why not have a prompt on both sides? Or what about making the whole vehicle a prompt?
  • Increase the volume of the footsteps, and how far away the character begins to hear them.
  • Decrease the gunshot volume. If I have to turn up my headphones to hear footsteps, then the gunshots will make my eardrums bleed. This game needs serious audio balancing.
  • Nerf the knives or make it so I can shoot someone point blank without them making my gun aim to the sealing because they are too close trying to knife me. This is unbelievably frustrating, and soon, people are going to exploit this even more than they are.
  • Why did you remove the player count when I am trying to join a lobby? I appreciate seeing how much time it's taken since I started a queue, but why remove the other information. Baffling.
  • Can we get a description for all the options that we have under 'Advanced Controls/Settings?" I wonder if anyone, besides the devs, know what they mean.
  • Add an audio cue to switching firing modes on all guns. A simple "click" would suffice.
  • Sometimes ammo looks like it doesn't leave my inventory. This has resulted in me joining a match without any ammo because I thought I had 90 rounds in my backpack.
  • Putting a gun on my character and then putting it back in my stash will result in the gun still appearing on my back.
  • Add a strong epilepsy warning at the start of the game because, my god, the muzzle flash on any fully automatic gun is insane. Like a fast paced strobe light.
  • Fix the spawns! I spawned within 50 feet/15 meters from a person and he rushed me with a knife and subsequently killed me because I couldn't shoot down at him.
  • Activating the vault mechanic is very inconsistent, and sometimes my character will "high jump" to get over a small ledge. This can reveal my position unintentionally.
  • Please, please, PLEASE show a stronger visual cue that I actually hit someone during a firefight. The current experience is spray, pray, and wait til either party dies, which is NOT a good experience when that's a huge aspect of this game. Fix the shooting! Get help from MS or something.
  • An audio bug can be found at the waterfall next to the safehouse. It sounds like a generator is running, or one of the sound effects of water crashing on rocks is looping too soon.
  • The shotgun doesn't align right when ADS. From what I remember, the tip of the gun is pointing slightly left.

That's all I can think of, for now. You may want to establish a template for bug reporting, sooner than later.

i really wanted to write a "review" this morning on how i felt with the preview release yesterday and its like you literally took the words from me lol. everything here is SPOT ON. the game has a ton of potential but it needs soooo much work before it can even be considered a decent game. so much needs balancing, and its a shame that there was ZERO change from the beta to the preview. i mean not even a level cap raise for the shelter?!?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomad556 said:

i really wanted to write a "review" this morning on how i felt with the preview release yesterday and its like you literally took the words from me lol. everything here is SPOT ON. the game has a ton of potential but it needs soooo much work before it can even be considered a decent game. so much needs balancing, and its a shame that there was ZERO change from the beta to the preview. i mean not even a level cap raise for the shelter?!?!

I'm baffled by people's expectations of this game, there was nothing said by the developers to say there would be new content at the start of the founders pack release only that you would get access to the game.

This is an alpha version of a game and players are shocked there are bugs and teething problems.

It has potential and i'm sure most of the issues and new content will be added in the coming months, be patient and supply feedback it will all come good in the end #whatifhumanityfalls

8 minutes ago, Fillipe Ruas said:

ZERO change from the beta to the preview

Lie. Time to kill got lowered due to the fact that bullets are hitting more often when the should and the Xbuttons are abit more responsive and easier to exit. Please state facts and keep the feedback constructive. Could they done more? sure but we did not get nothing. 

Hey @Danowan Your feedback is solid and I would like to share my personal opinion to each point, so we maybe can start a discussion. 

1. I agree. I have noticed some weird camera locks ( ads was locked under the players left arm) from switching weapons rapidly 

2. Gun jamming does not seem like a feature and yeah it can be frustrating. Got adressed several times and I am sure they take care of it. It is already better since the beta I have the feeling. gun jams less imo.

3. yeah looting cars. of course they need to make it more responsive and less random.. experienced players should be able to kow the sweetspot of every car to loot it as fast as possible. however I would like cars to take maybe half a second or 1 second longer to loot.  And a tip until this is fixed: Jump on the motorblog this increases the accessibility very much on certain cars.

4. The environmental audio is phenomenal and I like it but I agree its at some points too loud. On the footsteps they definetely have to work. The gun volume yeah maybe adress a bit but I like how every gun sounds so far in general

5. Knifes got adressed by us enough I am sure they do something. Beeing able to kill someone while he is hitting you with bullets seems very overpowered.

6. I personally like that you are not seeing the players anymore, because that adds more tension to the game imo. I love not to know where or how much players I can expect in an raid.

7. I stayed away from these options, because you are completely right. I have no clue what they mean. :D Yeah description please

8. Yes audio for switching firemodes is needed. Also when you put your gun on auto mode in your shelter it should stay on auto mode for upcoming raids. Currently it resets everytime you enter a raid. So I spend 5 seconds on every raid, to: reload (scams one bullet always, switch to auto, and switch from 3rd person to first person ads.

9. Ammo problem gets fixed I am very sure. For now you can keep in mind that if you click it once it  will put it in your stash. so just a visual bug

10. Epilepsie warning. xD  I personally never had an issue with that, but next time I will pay attention to the muzzle flash

11. I personally like the density of the firefights, because there are only 8 players on the map. I start to know where other players spawn and can either search the fight or avoid them. maybe add a couple more spawnpoints, but not really changing the distance to each other. I personally like how it is

12. Yeah vaulting is inconsistent, but it could be way worse. The best success you have if you have a direct look on the object you want to vault. If you look to much left or right while vaulting it will result in a fail. but yeah vaulting should be able all the time no matter where you look

13. I personally really like the "no indication fights" Only thing I want to see is maybe an information on the players dead. but I would stay away from visual indicators and go for audio indicators. when someone is dead and pretty close you could hear a moaning or  a sound as if someone drops a gun on the floor.

But yeah like I said you mentioned a lot of things that would improve the game. thanks for taking the time to express your suggestions. 

Greetings Dino <3