Sign in to follow this  
SpaydCBR

Modify Sector Module

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me modify the way the sector module handles captures.

Currently, if you set the "Ownership limit" to 1, and your team owns it, all the other team has to do is touch it and it will go to a neutral owner until they fully capture it. I want to modify this so that you can't lose it until the enemy teams captures it 100%. I don't want any neutral states. Also, if there was a way to do this while keeping everything else about the sector module the same like its attributes and UI elements that would be ideal.

Setting the Ownership limit to 0.5 gets rid of the neutral state problem but then there could potentially be an issue of ownership going back and forth too frequently when it's being contested, and i think that would just be annoying, especially since I have stuff getting enabled and disabled upon capture of these sectors.

Hello,

just to start with I would advise not to set the ownership limit to 1. This at least when using BI's respawn module which seems to bear this strange behavior where the model of currently respawning player can be briefly observed over the same player's dead body. If this (currently respawning) player was inside a capturable sector during the time of dead his/hers "ghost" that appears over the body will capture the sector for that short time it appears over the player's dead body. From my own observations this short period was enough for the sector to become neutral if the sector's ownership limit had been set to 1. Because of the aforementioned behavior I changed the ownership limit to 0.9 in all the missions that are using BI's sector module framework (and naturally only in those missions I had created to this day).

I would suggest setting the ownership limit to somewhere between 0.5 and 0.9. Basically find a number that best suits the missions you are creating.