Boss-Starstreams

After A3 update, CUP workshop mods giving script errors

Note: I'm not having an issue with the base game (all add-ons disabled)  after the last update at the time of this post: Hotfix 1.82 ArmA3 vers, 1.82.144710, I'm getting a few script errors. Seems every major update for A3 breaks the mods. I don't blame BIS for that. But some people are saying to go to CUP's website and download the add-ons because the workshop can't handle huge files. Some are saying that BIS never anticipated such large downloads. What ever the cause, I thought the whole point of using the workshop was the have your mods kept up to date automatically.

Has anyone else experienced this when adding CUP assets into the editor and then playing the game?

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CUP_D_RadarProtocal_RU/SentConvering.'.

There's also another error I'm getting that's freezing the game temporary until the error leaves the screen. Something about a Transit function. Again, everything was fine till this last main update to A3. These CUP mods are HUGE, I don't what to have to download them all again, but I guess I don't have a choice. The only mods I'm running are CUP, CBA, Eden settings and RedHammer. These are are workshop subscriptions.  I've tried the Repair feature on each and every mod. Everything show OK for the status. I don't know what to do with this, and ArmA3 is getting to be more work then it's fun. I'm always trying to fix things after each major update. Maybe I just need to turn updates off once everything is working and not update again until everything settles.

EDIT

Well I just downloaded all the CUP add-ons, added them manually to the launcher options, and I'm still getting bin, function.. ect..ect errors. Like I said, every time there is an update to ArmA3, something gets broke. I don't remember dealing with this as often back in the A2 days. I'm getting sick of spending all my time trouble shooting this game. BIS, stop releasing DLC's and focus on compatibility.

22 years I've been playing this since OFP, and I'm about to hang it up with this title.

On 28.7.2018 at 9:49 PM, Boss-Starstreams said:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CUP_D_RadarProtocal_RU/SentConvering.'.

The worst thing you can do with error messages. Is either not providing them at all. Or typing them off wrongly.

I got no results at all when searching for CUP_D_RadarProtocal_RU. But CUP_D_RadioProtocol_RU gave me https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2537

and

https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2481

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dedmen said:

The worst thing you can do with error messages. Is either not providing them at all. Or typing them off wrongly.

I got no results at all when searching for CUP_D_RadarProtocal_RU. But CUP_D_RadioProtocol_RU

That is the Exact error I'm getting. Word - for - word Dedmen. But I'm also getting other similar messages, I need to get a screenshot of them.

I was only making this post to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues.  I don't have as much time as I use to working a full time trucking job and trying pay bills.  I just wanted to know if this was happening elsewhere. Thanks for the tracker link, it seems like they know about some of the issues, but I'm not a script writer. I don't know how to change the voices to vanilla. I don't even know what they're talking about.

On an unrelated note:

I'm also getting random BSOD's from time to time (Buy only) when I'm in steam just viewing my library or other pages. This is before even loading any games.  I've run 22 passes with memtest, 0 errors. I have absolutely no issues with any other program on this multi boot win7 computer. None whats so ever. It's only with steam.  I've upgraded my nVidea drivers, Audio drivers, and checked the voltages on my PSU with a multi meter, and recorded the BIOS memory, CPU core voltages. Nothing is out of order. Again, the BSOD is only when I load steam, but not every time. I can just be sitting in steam looking at a page, and then the system will crash with a blue screen. I've run WhoCrashed, but the message faults are always different.

6 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

That is the Exact error I'm getting. Word - for - word Dedmen.

Why did I find multiple people reporting the thing I corrected after spotting obvious typos in your error message? And absolutely 0 results anywhere about the actual message you gave me?

But that error message also doesn't break anything. You should be able to just click it away and continue playing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

That is the Exact error I'm getting. Word - for - word Dedmen. But I'm also getting other similar messages, I need to get a screenshot of them.

I was only making this post to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues.  I don't have as much time as I use to working a full time trucking job and trying pay bills.  I just wanted to know if this was happening elsewhere. Thanks for the tracker link, it seems like they know about some of the issues, but I'm not a script writer. I don't know how to change the voices to vanilla. I don't even know what they're talking about.

In what context are you getting these error messages, is this running your own mission? A community made mission? Or messing around in the editor?

On an unrelated note:

I'm also getting random BSOD's from time to time (Buy only) when I'm in steam just viewing my library or other pages. This is before even loading any games.  I've run 22 passes with memtest, 0 errors. I have absolutely no issues with any other program on this multi boot win7 computer. None whats so ever. It's only with steam.  I've upgraded my nVidea drivers, Audio drivers, and checked the voltages on my PSU with a multi meter, and recorded the BIOS memory, CPU core voltages. Nothing is out of order. Again, the BSOD is only when I load steam, but not every time. I can just be sitting in steam looking at a page, and then the system will crash with a blue screen. I've run WhoCrashed, but the message faults are always different.

Have you tried reinstalling/repairing steam? Have you checked your hard drive for errors? What are you dual booting?

16 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

That is the Exact error I'm getting. Word - for - word

Really? This?

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CUP_D_RadarProtocal_RU/SentConvering.'

There are two blatant spelling errors there ("Protocal" and "Convering"). Either you typed it up incorrectly and are, for some reason, not admitting it, or you are using a really janky mod that changes CUP configs.

Harzach, so I spelled something wrong. Get over it, My eyes are bad. I don't even care anymore. I'm sick of this garbage. I didn't download a junky mod or what ever you want to call it. I'm sick of people always pointing at the end user. I've been playing this game for 22 years, (before this Steam BS corporatism of A holes who've destroyed the gaming industry). If Steam doesn't work, you're screwed, we have no other options. Think about that for a min.

I'm not using some bogus mod configs, where are you coming from? I told you already that I downloaded the damn CUP files direct from CUP's website and removed the workshop files, since the workshop in steam is a pile of garbage that can't seem to handle large files. Didn't fix a thing. A3 was auto patched from a new update in the channel, and something got broke. Now CUP devs have to update their files once again. Also, since this last update, AI will not move along way points. The infantry gets into vehicles, but the trucks will not move to the next way point. Never had this issue. It's like everything is broke all sudden.

I'm getting blue screens at random every time I run Steam. I'm sick of people telling me it's my computer. BSOD's can be a lot of things. If my computer were the fault, then why is this only happening with Steam? I play other games, I use Photoshop, I'm on the internet, I run 3dsMax, and dozens of other programs and I never get crashes. Steam is the issue.

Now I just went to uninstall the 360 steam video player and now all the sudden my Steam library is show me ArmA 3 is not installed, WTF. All my DLCs are showing as not installed. How did that just happen? I'm am so fed up with Steam's flaky behavior. I'm about done with games.

@R0adki11

If the hard drive were bad, it would just go. With NTFS, data will not write to bad sectors, but will be moved to good sectors because the journaling system verifies ever write before it completes a write.  It's not the drive, it's Steam. Steam is crashing my computer. NOTHING ELSE - Nothing else. I run this computer every day 10 + hours a day/ I've tested my memory, voltages. PSU, updated my videa, audio, and chipset drivers. I'm A+, and Network + certified, I'm not new to troubleshooting computers. I've been working with computers for over 30 years. There is code in steam that is writing to a memory address it's not suppose to. And to answer your other question, what was I doing at the time? I'm not even in the game when it crashes. This time I was just download the installer since Steam removed A3 for no apparent reason. I don't know why the game immediately got uninstalled just because I removed the 360 video player. The entire game is now showing as uninstalled. Also, I can't even search things in the workshop. I have to go outside of steam on the net to find workshop content and then log back in even though I'm already logged in though the steam app.

I NEVER had to go through this BS when OFP, and ArmA was sold in stores. I HATE STEAM. I HATE what  it has done to the gaming world. I bought MaxPayne and the damn title is broke and there is no support. The game keeps braking the sound because it keeps updating itself though steam, and there's an issue with the sound which I patched. But the patch keeps getting overwrite, even though I've turned off auto update.

I'm sick of all these kids out there who stick up for this corporate monopoly. screw it, No one is getting my money anymore.

13 hours ago, Harzach said:

There are two blatant spelling errors there ("Protocal" and "Convering"). Either you typed it up incorrectly and are, for some reason, not admitting it, or you are using a really janky mod that changes CUP configs.

It's also Radio not Radar. Literally every word that actually matters has a typo in it.

3 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

I'm sick of people always pointing at the end user.

You typo'ed it though. And then still said it's 100% correct although it isn't. Error messages being correct is quite important when trying to diagnose a problem. So it's kinda fair to point at you for that.

I'm not using some bogus mod configs, where are you coming from?

There are tons of crappy mods around. He is coming from the community and knows that people often get problems by loading mods that are bad.

I told you already that I downloaded the damn CUP files direct from CUP's website and removed the workshop files

Doesn't say anything about what additional mods you might have running that you might not even know about that could cause a problem.

You seem to have tons of problems with steam that no one else is having :eh:

Also that CUP error is just a error in cup. Nothing to do with Steam. Your Steam rant might be slightly out of place here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

so I spelled something wrong. Get over it,

It's the point of contention. Either you spelled something wrong and wouldn't admit it - in fact were vehemently denying it - or you had some other mod loaded that was introducing these spelling errors in a config or script call or whatever.
Just so it's clear, the problem is in trying to help someone troubleshoot a problem when they are supplying incorrect or incomplete information.

I didn't download a junky mod or what ever you want to call it. I'm sick of people always pointing at the end user.

User error is a common problem, but a poorly written mod is not user error, it's a mod author error.

I've been playing this game for 22 years, (before this Steam BS corporatism of A holes who've destroyed the gaming industry). If Steam doesn't work, you're screwed, we have no other options. Think about that for a min.

I've been playing video games since 1976. I think Steam is great, the borderline pathological aversion some have to it escapes me.

I'm not using some bogus mod configs, where are you coming from?

My point was crystal clear. Either you misspelled some words or were using a bad mod. We've already determined the case to be the former. 

A3 was auto patched from a new update in the channel, and something got broke. Now CUP devs have to update their files once again.

That is how modding works. It's a mod author's responsibility to keep their mods updated in order to maintain compatibility. Common sense.

I'm sick of all these kids out there who stick up for this corporate monopoly. screw it, No one is getting my money anymore.

You do you, vote with your wallet. Good luck, have fun.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2018 at 7:31 AM, Boss-Starstreams said:

@R0adki11

If the hard drive were bad, it would just go. With NTFS, data will not write to bad sectors, but will be moved to good sectors because the journaling system verifies ever write before it completes a write.  It's not the drive, it's Steam. Steam is crashing my computer. NOTHING ELSE - Nothing else. I run this computer every day 10 + hours a day/ I've tested my memory, voltages. PSU, updated my videa, audio, and chipset drivers. I'm A+, and Network + certified, I'm not new to troubleshooting computers. I've been working with computers for over 30 years. There is code in steam that is writing to a memory address it's not suppose to. And to answer your other question, what was I doing at the time? I'm not even in the game when it crashes. This time I was just download the installer since Steam removed A3 for no apparent reason. I don't know why the game immediately got uninstalled just because I removed the 360 video player. The entire game is now showing as uninstalled. Also, I can't even search things in the workshop. I have to go outside of steam on the net to find workshop content and then log back in even though I'm already logged in though the steam app.

Thanks for the clarification, why not reinstall steam if you having such issues? That's the first thing i would do, i work in the IT Industry myself and failing that i would wipe the drive and reinstall windows. A game uninstalling that's a known issue with steam, use to do it with my copy of TF2, till i moved steam to a different hard drive.

I NEVER had to go through this BS when OFP, and ArmA was sold in stores. I HATE STEAM. I HATE what  it has done to the gaming world. I bought MaxPayne and the damn title is broke and there is no support. The game keeps braking the sound because it keeps updating itself though steam, and there's an issue with the sound which I patched. But the patch keeps getting overwrite, even though I've turned off auto update.

I can appreciate you dislike steam, i myself have played since the OFP Demo. Steam is a good idea as it actually helps with updates, with OFP, Arma1 and Arma2 it was always a pain to have to update your game manually when an new update was released.

Thats your choice, but i think you will find most of this community are not kids.

I am getting back into Arma after a few years. I am trying to get a server going with Host HAVOC AND I have also tried running a server using FAST server tool on a separate laptop.

Both give me errors like these. So forget all the BS, there is a real problem. Like I said just getting back into it, fresh install and updated mods. 

It's the same error and others. I have not altered any mods.

So what's the real scoop on here?