Sign in to follow this  
ConCeZ

Can't pickup items with scroll menu / Vests keep disappearing

Hello, i'm developing a King of the Hill mission at the moment and encountered an issue.
The mission is running on a dedicated machine and everything is selfmade except extdb3 for the database connection. So the problem now is:
When i'm trying to pick up items on the ground it won't let me do this with the scroll menu. Normally you can pick it up with the scroll menu, either by selecting "inventory" or by selecting "take ......". I hope you get what i mean.
The same appears when i'm trying to open ammo crates or other kind of crates. it just won't let me do that. The scroll menu just won't appear.
The point is, there's no error, no indicator why i keep getting this bug. I've also tried this in 3den editor. While i'm in editor the bug (or glitch) isn't there, so everything works normally.
And the second problem is, the vests a player equips keep disappearing. i guess this has do to something with this "no scoll menu" bug. because there is no error or log entry aswell.

Hope you guys can help me, thanks.

Are you using showHUD at all? Are the items actually there? Is cleanup removing them? What vest? When you start the mission, open your inventory and drop your own vest, then try to pick that up.

I just fixed the problem with taking items. It was some code i added, nothing special. But the Vests are still disappearing.

It does not matter which kind of vest, there is also no kind of cleanup running which could cause the problem and this trick by dropping the vest and picking it up after doesn't work at all.

But thanks for helping :)

What code was causing the issue before? It is that code or some other code. Place yourself down on VR map. Nothing else. Just you. Drop a vest and see if it happens. It could be a mod as well if you're running any.

So, i just played a bit with my mission and noticed something. Every time a player spawns right after the lobby, like the player loaded the mission finally, the vest i'm wearing is going to disappear. So i am pretty sure it has to do with the player joining the mission but i don't know how to fix it? any ideas? Thanks by the way :)

Sounds like you are calling a loadout script from init.sqf or similar. It's running on every player every time a new player joins. Though since it's only the vest, it might be command-specific. Sharing your code/mission file would be better than making folks guess.

• Like 1

@Harzach - But who doesn't love a good guessing game? :rofl::rofl:

Just not for SQF / ArmA.