Desode Drizzt

Desode's feedback from the closed Beta

First off I want to say that I have really and truly enjoyed this game so far!

Sure there are some issues with it being a beta however it was really pretty impressive for a beta in my opinion.

I say that as a gamer of 40+ years of age who has tested a lot of games over the years!  LOL

I will start off by saying that one of my favorite mechanics was the gun's and how they worked.

Having the target range was a brilliant aspect to the gun play, because it let you get a feel for these more real world gun mechanics.

(Suggestion) I would like to see the ability to eventually build something like a belt drivin' advanced target range add on, Maybe have a clay pigeon launcher as a first upgrade and then a mechanical system as a advanced target range up grade.

This would enable you to get a feel for leading targets at different ranges and in my opinion would be a very cool advanced feature for the target range.

It would also be cool to have some motor parts or parts to build a clay pigeon launcher as a collectable loot spread around the maps.

Now , why did I like the gun mechanics:

First I will say they are not perfect, but I am sure that they will get better as we move forward in the game development.

I love the real world feel to the guns!  The fact that 3rd person aim creates a lot of spread and inaccuracy is something that I have not seen in a game before except for Arma.

This inaccuracy is even more increased during movement. (Finally a game that gets it)

I know a lot of people on console will probably complain about this but for me personally it adds to the realism and creates more tactical depth in using each weapon.

There is already at this "beta level" a wonderful depth to each gun based on movement and stance and using ADS or third person.

This aspect is different for each weapon, and just as a example, it lets the shotguns shine in close quarter with 3rd person hip fire.

The ability to use a pistol or even a SMG in a hip fire close range encounter is very much like shooting one in real life.

I have seen people use full auto on a smg in 15 to 20m range at a human shaped target and literally spray all over the place and hit the target with a couple rounds! LOL

A pistol should be even more inaccurate unless looking down the sights. Even then consistently hitting cans at 30ft is a challenge for most.

Vigor shows that aspect very well and it adds to the depth of the gunplay because you must pick and choose the right gun for the situation.

Situations are very much based on your chose too, so if you have a goal of looting buildings then you need to have a weapon for that situation or your risk of death is greatly increased.

Having this kind of depth to the gunplay mechanics adds to the over all penalty and intensity for what you are risking, and trying to gain.

What I mean by this is that the risk is greatly increased by what weapons you have and what you are trying to do when you go out on a encounter mission.

This also for me added to my daily planning because if I needed a certain thing that was found more in houses, I focused on having some shotguns so that I was prepared to defend myself in a tight close quarter situation.

If I was going for a crate , then I focused on having the ammo and a AR style rifle that fit a more overall situation of encounters.

This depth goes even further based on the choices you have available in your weapons, simply because there is a  tactical strategy in which you would use your weapon choice .

For example having a Mosin and a SMG is a great combo to play sneaking and drop a crate carrier as they try to get out, and then you have the SMG for more close to mid range defense in taking that crate yourself.

While people will complain about how the gun mechanics are in Vigor, I found it extremely refreshing!

It was very much what I expected from the developer of the Arma series and I hope and Pray that they continue to keep these gun play mechanic in Vigor!

THIS IS THE ONLY GAME ON CONSOLE THAT SHOWS THIS ASPECT! I LOVE IT! and THANK YOU Bohemia interactive!

The shuddering of the ADS when panning down the sights while aiming was a issue but that is just from this being a beta. I am sure of that.

Now there are some hit detection problems also  however I am sure that a lot of that is from a limited amount of servers in the closed beta.

(Suggestion)

Mentioning the server system brings up a issue for me and I would very much like to have some kind of better system to know my ping and to be able to pick the closest server in my area.

I very much want to go to the Map and be able to click on a server list for my country and pick a server based on a Ping number and then pick my map and play.

For some reason this is a feature that is constantly taken away from console players and more and more from gaming.

If people prefer a quick match feature then add that in there and let the quick match software find them a server but for me personally I want to pick my server based on a ping number system.

I do understand that during the beta and the preview portion of the game the player base may be to small for this to be a implemented feature, however I really and truly hope that in time we could have this option available.

Now as for the crafting system,

I like how things are currently done, I like that it takes a large amount of time and work to accomplish fixing my house and expanding on my personal safe area.

The balance of resources needed to do things felt very good to me, and I didn't mind that some of the guns took a long time to craft.

A more complex gun like a RPK should take time to craft and the balance of what was needed to level up worked very well with that time frame for crafting more complex upper level weapons.

I never found myself saying, What will I do for a 120mins while my RPK is being crafted.

This enabled me to look forward to a outing with a upper tier weapon and it added to the intensity factor when using it!  That was very cool in my opinion.

I could say I want this , this and this, as far as the options for my safe area (home) goes, but I have only put in about 40hrs or so with the closed beta.  As time goes on I will add more suggestions to that.

I did mention above two suggestions for upgrading the target range, and I did that because I feel the target range is a Vital part of the game and learning the gunplay mechanics.

This game was just simply put such a breath of fresh air for me.

Vigor enabled me to play when i only had 10mins to spare but was deep enough that at times I played from 10pm to 6am and never got bored.

Being able to exit a match at any time adds a level of freedom of choice that I have never found in a Multiplayer game.

One thing that really stood out to me in vigor was that I had encounters where I literally scared other players away.

I don't know if I have ever encountered anything like that before. Grant it occasionally I have had it happen in PUBG but nothing like this.

The amount of risk in what each player is trying to accomplish really allows that to happen.

In once such instance, I had a player jump me in close quarters and I was at a building on my way out. He had a pistol and I had a RPK,, he came in and caught me off guard and wounded me with a clip.

I turned and let the rpk just rip loose!   He left and never returned! 

It is those kind of moments that make Vigor so great, Depth and a great importance of tactical game play and learning are already brilliantly there.

Above all else freedom of choice to play how and when you want to make for a blend of game-play that is unlike anything I have played.

It was a honor to get to be in the closed beta and you have a Founders pack purchaser and tester in me for sure

Great work so far Bohemia Interactive!

I look forward to playing and giving feedback on Vigor over the rest of this year until it's full release!

Sincerely Desode

• Like 1

I agree on almost every part. On the server thing I have to little knowledge to guess how it turns out. in h1z1 and other games players pick extra a server where they had the most advantage over other players, but I see where your suggest is coming from. 

They could add a slight aim improvement when you keep practising on the shooting range. Lets say you hit 50 different targets in a specific amount of time and no double hits on one target ( make it challenging ). If you are successful it could give you a slight buff, like " 2-5% more accuracy for the next three encounters. A buff good enough to notice it but not too strong to have to big of an advantage.

these little buffs could be different on the type of weapon you use. shotgun->reload speed , smg-> hipfire accuracy , sniper->rate of fire increase. this kind of stuff. In real life you also have to keep practising to maintain your progress. 

But I like your feedback. looking forward to steal your loot or run away from you when you scare me away with your rpk. unfortunately I couldnt play the rpk. How does the tripod work? is it just cosmetic or has it actually a use?

Greetings Dino

The tripod currently appears to me to be cosmetic for right now, though I imagine that will change.

I just got the RPK before the Closed beta ended so I only got to use it a couple of times. I made two of them and the crafting time for the RPK was 120mins.