twitch_DinotheRRhino

DINO's Feedback after 25 hours in the game

Hey everyone. I am Dino and want to present to you my first feedback after 25 hours in the game. I amnot native english, so I do my best to formulate it in the best way I can.  Most of the bugs and glitches I noticed, already got adressed here, so I will only talk about what I think this game need over the long therm to keep me playing. 

First of all I felt in love with that game. it is a very unique  and I would like to see it stay hardcore. Please dont try to please every casual. The whole concept of the game needs to be punishing, it needs to be unforgiving and yeah this will not turn every fortnite player to that game, but if you do it right than you will get a dedicated fanbase. this is what the xbox needs. 

besides all the gamebreaking mechanics right now, that probably get fixed in the near future I now suggest a few things that will keep players playing.

1. reduce the time you are able to sprint and at the same time up the sprint speed. ( sometimes I caught my self pressing sprint a couple times, to even figure out if I am sprinting currently or not)

2. The inventory system needs a rework. I really like that you can only carry 2 guns, but in 90% of the time I just collect anything until I see backpack is full. its pointless to check what you want to take and what you want to leave. the rounds are not long enough to decide if you rather pick a bandage or nails. The whole inventory system is way too simple for me. I dont say make it as complicated as escape from tarkov did, but a bit more depth to it in some sort of a way would be nice. I never care what I pick up
 except I am full and still want to get a supply drop. Maybe start with a way smaller backpack, so you actually look for stuff you have on your list and not blindly loot anything because at the end of the round you have one of each anyways

3. The rounds are not long enough. it feels really casual and 1 round means nothing because its over so fast. I would like to be the rounds 30% longer so maybe 20 minutes ish?

4. 1 raid means nothing. If you die you just get in another round. There is not really a gamechanging reason to take a round serious and really try to not die. You only loose a couple mats ( no wait u even GAIN meds).  My solution would be, make a raid cost material. As soon as you hit a shelter level where you get some materials per hour, make a raid cost between 100 or 300 materials. ( from a telling perpective you need mats to even reach the island with your boat you land on) What that does, players actually think about if they really engage in a fight. This will add way more caution and thinking to each raid and would be a really good addition to the game I guess. 

5. The shelter needs permanent care instead of just unlocking it once. I would really like that you have to constantly have to take care about your shelter. you constantly have to refill a couple fertilizer to your herbbox, to make it actually generate material. ( up the amount of general materials you get from your base at my current level 5 the amout is ridiculously low and not worth pressing x for it)

6. There will be microtransactions in this game, wich I am totally fine with, but please make everything achievable through grinding. ( maybe think about player trading like warframe) players tgrind hard, can somehow trade their goods to players who dont have the time. you could enable trading item, like 40 nails for  7 fertilizer ( players decide on their own) but players also can trade for the actual currency you buy for the microtransactions. So a player which has money but no time, can trade with someone which has time but no money. Take a look at warframe. people play this game for almost 5 years and still grinding the same mission, because they get rewarded with the microtransaction curreny from other players. This would add SO MUCH replayability to the game, and people would grind it for years and years. 

7. Make gear and guns/consumables dont last forever. Gear needs to be repaired, if it got damaged ( talking about not implemented armor/ flashlight when used) Guns need to be repaired and maintained  after using or they will automaticalley be deconstructed into materials. Consumables spoil after a specific amounts of hours/days. That would encourage players to constantly be on the hunt and on the next lookout for a raid

8. PLEASE leave the damage multiplier on the head. I have not found the time yet to test every weapon, but I have the feeling almost every headshot kills instantly or at least does 90% damage. HEADSHOTS NEED TO BE REWARDING. Currently you never shoot someone, when you not absolutely sure you can kill him If you miss your first shot, than you loose the adcantage of the surprise. So.............

9................. please reward Precision/thinking/tactical aproachment and patience, when it comes to fighting/killing another player. I was chasing a guy for like 2 minutes until he finally stood still and I could get the burst with the suomi. I landed one headshot and a couple bodyshots. I NEVER felt more rewarded for being patient and tactical. 

10. AMMUNITION NEEDS to be way more rare than it is right now. I already have thousands of bullets in my stash that I basicalley ( on shelter level 5 ) never have to worry about ammo anymore. AND what that does is: players dont think twice to engage in an encounter. they have their 100 bullets and dont even care about loosing them.they will most likely engage players more, to just kill them with no reason behind it. I gathered like 4 hours for 400 parabellum bullets, if I imagine grinding  for hours for 100 bullets, the relation to these 100 bullets would be way deeper, and I would actually think twice if I really want to shoot them right now, just to get a fun fight, or if I want to save them for an encounter when I actually need them. So yeah make bullets way harder to get so players feel and remember the time they farmed for this magazine on every single shot. 

11. up the body damage by like 30%. Right now the smartest way ( not the most fun) is to go into a raid with absolutely nothing and if you get shot you just run away. 90% I survive when I really just want to get away. What that does to my playstyle is I play 100% careless looting everything and as soon as I get shot, I run in the other direction to the exit ( like I said the smartest, but a very boring way to play)  If 1 headshot or 4 bodyshots (propper balance up to the devs) kill you, you would not run around and wait until you get shot, you would be way more reserved and cautious in the first place.

12. There is currently no point to take guns with you like I said above if you get shot you just run away, most likely they will not get you. Pretty often you can get a gun and the right ammunition in one encounter. so yeah figuring out a way where players actually want to take guns in the encounter because without the survival chance is pretty low  ( point 4 would be a start ) but maybe even add threats to the environment, like  bears or wolves. maybe even some rare hostile npcs that you most likely have to fight. so yeah short: give players reasons to taker their farmed gear into the next encounter. 

I am german and I did my best writing this text in english.  I dont expect an answer but it would be really nice to know if the devs even read it or noticed it. maybe a like or a notification or so that this post got noticed would be cool. 

I am really looking forward to this game, because it really could be the game I  play for years if you guys do it right. I will buy the founders edition instantly and really looking forward to the game. 

I have 2 perpectives I see that from. first perspective is the "only gamer dino" that felt in love with this game and the second perspective is the " streamer dino"  because I also stream on twitch ( fairly small still but if you want to check me out www.twitch.tv/dinotherrhino) but the last days I was most of the time number one streamer on twitch when I played vigor. so yeah not only that this game is fun, it also brings me huge steps torwards growing a succesful stream. 

So you see I have a double interest for this game to do well and succeed. Please tell me if I can do more, to help the game and you guys, I would support you in any way possible, IF I see that you guys roll updates out frequently and are also staying behind this game with your heart. If you are really passionate about making this game a good game, than you shall have all my support. 

That is my first feedback for now and I hope to get a discussion going among the other community members that delivered such great feedback so far. 

Greetings Dino

Almost everything you said is what I also think this game needs, the sprint time, the inventory system, the lenght of the round, the amount of ammo given. But there is a couple things that Im not agree or I think there is other way to fix it:

Headshot damage: at least in my case and in what Ive seen, the headshot damage is fine, people and me die instantly when a headshot is taken.

29 minutes ago, twitch_DinotheRRhino said:

reward Precision/thinking/tactical aproachment and patience

I think one way to do this is to improve the sound design, sometimes I just run behind other players and follow them without them even noticing me. If they improve the sound then you have to play slower and think about your next step if you see an enemy. The only way I know you can hear another player is when they are reloading and of course, shooting.

Sorry for my bad english if something is not write properly, and good luck with your stream. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoseLDrums said:

Almost everything you said is what I also think this game needs, the sprint time, the inventory system, the lenght of the round, the amount of ammo given. But there is a couple things that Im not agree or I think there is other way to fix it:

Headshot damage: at least in my case and in what Ive seen, the headshot damage is fine, people and me die instantly when a headshot is taken.

I think one way to do this is to improve the sound design, sometimes I just run behind other players and follow them without them even noticing me. If they improve the sound then you have to play slower and think about your next step if you see an enemy. The only way I know you can hear another player is when they are reloading and of course, shooting.

Sorry for my bad english if something is not write properly, and good luck with your stream. 

Yeah I wrote I could not even tested it with a friend on controlled conditions, but I also think the headshot damage is fine right now. It should be an insta kill on high calibers like the ak or the sniper of course. pistols maybe 2 shots, but I leave that up to the devs. just please do not take  a step backwards from what it currently is.

Regarding the sounddesign for players you are right that would be a good thing to add, but my general impression of the environment sounds, like rivers, birds is absolutely insanely immersive. I love that I can tell without issues if a river is left or right to me. Currently the sound design of the environment and the visual design of the map  is the biggest plus for. I was three months in norway, and I can recognize and feel " home " on every single map. This is currently the biggest plus the game has for me personally. you just enjoy being there and run around, not many games achieve this. 

your english is pretty good. Where are you from if I am allowed to ask?

1 hour ago, twitch_DinotheRRhino said:

Yeah I wrote I could not even tested it with a friend on controlled conditions, but I also think the headshot damage is fine right now. It should be an insta kill on high calibers like the ak or the sniper of course. pistols maybe 2 shots, but I leave that up to the devs. just please do not take  a step backwards from what it currently is.

Regarding the sounddesign for players you are right that would be a good thing to add, but my general impression of the environment sounds, like rivers, birds is absolutely insanely immersive. I love that I can tell without issues if a river is left or right to me. Currently the sound design of the environment and the visual design of the map  is the biggest plus for. I was three months in norway, and I can recognize and feel " home " on every single map. This is currently the biggest plus the game has for me personally. you just enjoy being there and run around, not many games achieve this. 

your english is pretty good. Where are you from if I am allowed to ask?

Yeah, absolutly, the envaironment sound its amazing, the map where is raining is my favorite, the storm sounds amazing now the game needs player sounds to be able to do soundwhoring like in siege. 

Thanks, Im from México.

• Like 1

Hello and thanks a lot for such a wall of text of feedback (meant in a good way :) ).

1. There are some plans to make movements more complex, e.g. limited sprint, stagger on gunshot, etc. We will try and test various ideas, so we'll see what we'll end up with, but it will definitely be better.

2. There will be rarities for items, and not just arbitrary ones, but something that will clearly tell you how valuable in general the stuff is, so there may be some decision process behind looting. As you progress through the game, your needs will differ, but at that that point you will be experienced enough to value loot on your own.

3. We want to provide players with more things to do in encounters, which will also increase their duration. The aim is 15–20 minutes top.

4. I understand your point. The other side of the coin is the ability to actually play the game. There was a lot of discussion about this, and there will be more, I'm sure. We definitely want you to be able to reasonably play any time you want, unless you really royally screw up. Maybe we can find ways to reward careful and successful approach…

5. I don't quite agree with the permanent care, since it's quite easy to make it very tedious. But some sort of care, maybe an optional for additional benefits, sounds reasonable, so we'll consider something along the lines.

6. I can't get into much detail yet, but it should be more or less as you described (save for trading, which we are yet to discuss and decide on). The aim is definitely a model which cannot be called pay to win.

7. Please no. :) I can imagine such system incredibly tedious and unforgiving, although I admit I understand players who would like to see that. Still, most likely not in Vigor.

8. Sure. :)

9. That's kinda the plan. The game should be a lot about planning, clever movement, and such things. We still have a lot to work on in order to get movement and combat system to make this idea truly working.

10. Yup. I intentionally set amounts of ammunition quite high for the closed preview due to some crafting limitations, so I could be sure there would be enough to play with. The amounts have been lowered recently, and will be changed again in the future with some updates to crafting.

11. The damage is quite fine, mostly (still subject to tweaking, of course). The issue is, long story short, in shortcomings of the current state of the combat system, which result in missing more shots than you'd think, thus guns often feel weak. We work on improvements, so the combat controls and plays better.

12. There are changes being worked on, which shall improve this at some point in the future. Mostly it affects crafting, loot & loot distribution; the effect should be similar to what you'd like to see. And wildlife is something we'd really like to see, but it's really far in the future at this point.

Thank you again for the points, hope this helps. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Locklear said:

Hello and thanks a lot for such a wall of text of feedback (meant in a good way :) ).

Thank you so much for taking the time and reacting to each single point. I am more than happy with the response and I am looking forward to the future. 

• Like 1

I agree with most of this as well.  I probably only have about 12 hours playing, and although i like the game overall (other than the funky gameplay that I'm sure will be corrected), I don't see a reason to keep playing long term.  I would love to see a duo mode at least, and maybe even a squad mode so we can play with friends.  Also, a way to share items during the game as well.  As of now, I don't see a way to drop items unless I missed it, but I'm guessing this will be added if it's not already available anyhow.

• Like 1