Devastator_cm

Turret high angle rotation issue

Hi all,

anybody has any idea how to solve the below issue? The turret can make vertical rotation upto 85 degrees and in such cases the unit inside turret appears outside...

https://prnt.sc/ka39ss

8 hours ago, reyhard said:

Remove unit from gun selection?

Assuming that you are talking only for the external view lod (0) ... I did that as also tried completely delete the gunner proxies on this specific lod (wasn't visible anyway) ...

Ofcourse either way the gunner isn't visible on gun movement anymore ... but also stopped firing against incoming threats.

Just correction,  fire event is based on script and I am not able to capture the current direction of turret after removal of lod 

Getreldir is not giving the relative direction between unit inside turret to target anymore.  It started to use the ship instead so gives wrong direction

2 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Just correction,  fire event is based on script and I am not able to capture the current direction of turret after removal of lod 

Getreldir is not giving the relative direction between unit inside turret to target anymore.  It started to use the ship instead so gives wrong direction

And to complete the whole idea ... we are talking for a CIWS on a ship so when I've used the term "incoming threats" I was talking about incoming missile threats and not any other vehicles.

2 hours ago, Αplion said:

Assuming that you are talking only for the external view lod (0) ... I did that as also tried completely delete the gunner proxies on this specific lod (wasn't visible anyway) ...

Ofcourse either way the gunner isn't visible on gun movement anymore ... but also stopped firing against incoming threats.

Presence of gunner in visual lod has nothing to do with the ability to fire gun by ai so I guess you have something else screwed up.

1 minute ago, reyhard said:

Presence of gunner in visual lod has nothing to do with the ability to fire gun by ai so I guess you have something else screwed up.

Maybe ...  BUT ... when I'm keeping the gunner proxy attached on gun and turret (on external view LOD) then the CIWS is moving and firing as should ... 

Then you are most likely deleting something else too. Try to double or quadruple check that you are doing correctly and eventually try to copy paste proxy from different file. None of the vanilla ship turrets have gunner proxy

9 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Then you are most likely deleting something else too. Try to double or quadruple check that you are doing correctly and eventually try to copy paste proxy from different file. None of the vanilla ship turrets have gunner proxy

Sorry but I'm not deleting anything else except these proxies ... after more than 10 years of modding at least I know how to delete a proxy ... anyway ... I don't have much time as by tomorrow I'll be on vacations ... so continue with Devastator_cm ... for me it is simple ... CIWS action against incoming missiles is scripted ... so has nothing to do with proxies deletion ... as Devastator_cm wrote the turret does not following its target when I delete or disable gunner proxies from external view LOD ... 

Proxies are working fine against aircrafts - ships or boats threats btw ...

Thanks for trying to help.

our problem is not about firing.
Firing is initiated via script which is checking the relative direction between the unit inside the turret to target, so I can be sure that turret is in correct position. So after Aplion deleted that lod thingy, relative direction between unit to target is broken. That command started to use the ship itself instead of unit and as a result eventhough turret turned to 90 degree right and have reldir to target 0, I still get 90 degree from reldir as ship is facing to 0 north. So fire event is not happening as it things, turret is still not in position

So that's a script error - there are alternative ways to get turret direction like weapon direction or reading animation phase. I don't have crystal ball to guess that you were talking about scripts.

• Like 1