Invincible120

Unable to load file. Load error. 3ds to O2

Hi, guys i did 3d military backpack model. But i can't import model to oxygen 2 from 3ds max. ı searched a lot but i can't find solution. Please help me :/

On 24.7.2018 at 3:49 PM, Invincible120 said:

But i can't import model to oxygen 2 from 3ds max

Why?

because when i try import, oxygen 2 has erroring. 

error: Unable to load file. Load error.

On 25.07.2018 at 4:53 PM, Dedmen said:

Why?

Help me please

what is cause this error

Have the same outcome. None of the models exported from 3ds max work for me. I would rather blaim 3ds max tho, as recently had to reinstall the software (and the system as well). Importing models that were not converted on my copy of 3ds max works in OB which points at fulty max's exporters. Perhaps, I will have to reinstall max to have the exporters working.

4 minutes ago, NightIntruder said:

Have the same outcome. None of the models exported from 3ds max work for me. I would rather blaim 3ds max tho, as recently had to reinstall the software (and the system as well). Importing models that were not converted on my copy of 3ds max works in OB which points at fulty max's exporters. Perhaps, I will have to reinstall max to have the exporters working.

lol what? make sure you mesh is in quads and tris only (ideally tris). Use .fbx file format

34 minutes ago, PuFu said:

lol what? make sure you mesh is in quads and tris only (ideally tris). Use .fbx file format

Yeah, thanks for the hints Pufu. I tried fxb, along with obj and 3ds. Single mesh, editable poly, all verts connected - no luck. What's  more, I do have car model in different formats. Importing its original FBX file into OB works like a charm. When I try to open its max version in 3ds max 2016 and export it using FBX, that throws an error on import in OB. That's why I say - faulty 3ds max exporter. I've been doing it for years and have never had such issues until now, after reinstallation of the system and all tools.

2 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

Yeah, thanks for the hints Pufu. I tried fxb, along with obj and 3ds. Single mesh, editable poly, all verts connected - no luck. What's  more, I do have car model in different formats. Importing its original FBX file into OB works like a charm. When I try to open its max version in 3ds max 2016 and export it using FBX, that throws an error on import in OB. That's why I say - faulty 3ds max exporter. I've been doing it for years and have never had such issues until now, after reinstallation of the system and all tools.

what error does it trow? It is highly unlikely that the max wouldn't be able to properly export .fbx files, obj or 3ds for that matter. What are your FBX export settings?

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

what error does it trow? It is highly unlikely that the max wouldn't be able to properly export .fbx files, obj or 3ds for that matter. What are your FBX export settings?

OB shows this one: Import error: code 0, message 'Corrupted or invalid file'
OBJ error: Unable to load file. Load error.

3ds: Unable to open 3ds file.

I am quite surprised. Max's never let me down on this being the most professional tool I worked with. You might be right regarding bad topology as the root of my problem - I checked the model (exported in OBJ format) using small "depend" tool, which is small freeware soft that fixes ngon's through triangulating faces in a model. After that I was able to import the OBJ file into OB. This however doesn't explain the mystery fbx-wise metioned above. Also, won't help with bad 3ds/fbx files...
As far as FBX export settings are concerned, I tried different ones, the last one were this:

https://imgur.com/a/i3e1tul

20 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

hen I try to open its max version in 3ds max 2016 and export it using FBX

FBX version 2014/2015 is the newest that object builder supports. 2016/2017/2018 all fail to import because it just doesn't support them.

15 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

And that's FBX version 2016

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

FBX version 2014/2015 is the newest that object builder supports. 2016/2017/2018 all fail to import because it just doesn't support them.

Thanks Dedman for the reply. I already tried those old versions as well - no luck either. I use valid student max license but did reinstall it lately on my new computer (after previous one crash) and my problems started from that moment. Also, I had to reinstall Steam and Arma 3 Tools as well, both updated recently. That's why it's quite hard to pinpoint the root of my problems. Virtually, all complex models I exported from Max fail on import into OB regardless the file formats I use for exporting. However, OB is able to import the same models in FBX exported by sameone else. When I import those models using FBX into Max and than export them from Max using the same format - OB can't import them. Strange, especially since I've never had such isuess with all posible import formats simultaneously.