Haven't seen much talk bout it but melee is way to robust rn, ive lost at least 7 assault rifles because someone ran at me with a sharp stick and my gun cant put holes in em very good. Perhaps have guns do extra damage at point blank or give em automatic accuracy, something to make running in with a 1 pronged fork less effective than emptying a clip in their general direction (To clarify that it isn't just my suckage Ive taken down several AK users with a knife by running at em full speed and hitting the vibrate button(Which side note, needs to be toned way the fuck down)). Also make the Luger shoot bullets instead of pellets, we're hunting people, not beer cans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wisecrack34 said:

Haven't seen much talk bout it but melee is way to robust rn, ive lost at least 7 assault rifles because someone ran at me with a sharp stick and my gun cant put holes in em very good. Perhaps have guns do extra damage at point blank or give em automatic accuracy, something to make running in with a 1 pronged fork less effective than emptying a clip in their general direction (To clarify that it isn't just my suckage Ive taken down several AK users with a knife by running at em full speed and hitting the vibrate button(Which side note, needs to be toned way the fuck down)). Also make the Luger shoot bullets instead of pellets, we're hunting people, not beer cans

Dude, I just posted about not only dying because I was knifed, but because I was knifed while shooting the player point-blank-in-his-face. WTF? I also talk about bullet grouping in a different post. 

It makes you wonder if they even considered this stuff during initial development cycle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UnlixGhost said:

Dude, I just posted about not only dying because I was knifed, but because I was knifed while shooting the player point-blank-in-his-face. WTF? I also talk about bullet grouping in a different post. 

It makes you wonder if they even considered this stuff during initial development cycle.

Probably just slipped by due to the lack of melee use, plus the game being released rather early on in development  (givin yandere dev a run for his -lack of- money). Would certainly like to see this fixed as I stabbed a shotgunner (the one that takes 2 hours to make), tried to take his loot but it flipped on it's side, then got stabbed myself. 

However problems like these are to be expected early on and should be fixed fairly soon-ish.

Edited by Wisecrack34
Felt a bit mean at first
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wisecrack34 said:

Probably just slipped by due to the lack of melee use, plus the game being released rather early on in development  (givin yandere dev a run for his -lack of- money). Would certainly like to see this fixed as I stabbed a shotgunner (the one that takes 2 hours to make), tried to take his loot but it flipped on it's side, then got stabbed myself. 

However problems like these are to be expected early on and should be fixed fairly soon-ish.

You're right! We both might have been extra mean. Though it should give some thought to the devs. 

What's that saying, "... you never really loved someone until you wanted to kill em." It means that if we're this passionate about the game, its probably because it has so much more potential. Like, the perfect marriage of PUBG, Fallout, & Division. Dude, this is Fallout 76 but early access and I'm loving it! 

• Like 1

I just died to someone exploiting this. I couldn't shoot him because he was too close, not to mention he pretty much spawned right next to me. I'm playing the Game Preview, right now! Just about started the process to get a refund.

• Sad 1

Fully agree here, several times now I have had someone come up to me with a knife while I unload at least 30-40 shots with smg on auto into their chest and face as they approach me only for them stab me two three times and down me. I know I’m hitting them cause their chest and face is bloody.