Hello everyone,

and thank you for taking the time.

I have now spent quite a lot of time going through the forums and have a lot of experience with mission making and server management myself, however I have a query to anyone who might know more than me on this particular matter.

Running a dedicated server and i am trying to make respawning work on the server in a particular behavior;

Been looking for the following:

- Respawn inside a particular vehicle on dedicated server, not on the ground.

- Respawn countdown/timer.

- Something like a spectator camera when you are waiting for the countdown/timer (watching a black screen or a map screen is not that fun, more fun to watch other players you play with in the same team/side).

I have been trying to tackle this forever, but the respawn system in the editor seem to only work with respawning on the ground not in a vehicle. It works in the editor, but when I run it in the dedicated server everything glitches and blows up, and the respawn vehicle falls deep below the map you can't interact with it only as zeus. I understand a dedicated server needs external files such as a Description file for this.

Does anyone know any scripts or how I can make this work?

Cheers.

---------------

EDIT: I managed to set up a file called OnPlayerRespawn with the following code and it works:

player assignAsCargo heli1;
player moveInCargo heli1;

However, I can't figure out how to make a respawn timer for it or make a spectator camera for the code.

Right now the second a player die they instantly respawn inside the vehicle.

Any suggestions?

---------------

EDIT 2:
After hearing I can syncronize the respawn module simply with an empty vehicle, I am having a persistent issue that I have not managed to solve as of yet on my own.

But the respawn window is empty, it says disabled and I get no options to choose from. An error that says at the bottom left too.

https://i.gyazo.com/f6de357a48cb5f545a12ca521ca4bc01.png

Sounds like you just need a revive system. There are a bunch out there so I would waste time reinventing the wheel. BTC revive is first one that come to mind. I implement one see how it worka for you amd make adjustedments accordingly. Just don't forget to credit the orginal author.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955

Edited by thedubl
Added link

I have been testing that system and it works really well, however it comes with an error that I have not managed to resolve. Since the mission error out, the dedicated server goes wild and starts to sink units and vehicles under ground, teleporting them around all over the place and makes all the vehicles erupt with smoke and damages. It is such a shame because it is my only remaining issue.

I don't need revive, but I do need a mobile respawn and this is why I am testing BTC Revive.

Been following the instructions carefully and this is the error that the server keeps reporting:

12:50:32 Error in expression <getDir _veh;
waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};
_veh setVariable [_set,0,true];
s>
12:50:32   Error position: <_veh};
s>
12:50:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

An alternative could be something like this:

This hasn't been updated in a while but shouldn't be too hard to get working. You mentioned you have experience so you could even make your own and look into this for general ideas / inspiration.

4 hours ago, saddle said:

I have been testing that system and it works really well, however it comes with an error that I have not managed to resolve. Since the mission error out, the dedicated server goes wild and starts to sink units and vehicles under ground, teleporting them around all over the place and makes all the vehicles erupt with smoke and damages. It is such a shame because it is my only remaining issue.

I don't need revive, but I do need a mobile respawn and this is why I am testing BTC Revive.

Been following the instructions carefully and this is the error that the server keeps reporting:

12:50:32 Error in expression <getDir _veh;
waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};
s>
12:50:32   Error position: <_veh};
s>
12:50:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

I will send an example of btc working in mp. I have it in a bunch of missions that run on a dedicated server and never had an issue. Just give me a day or so.

11 hours ago, thedubl said:

I will send an example of btc working in mp. I have it in a bunch of missions that run on a dedicated server and never had an issue. Just give me a day or so.

Thanks man really appreciated