gc8

Lot of objects performance in multiplayer

Hi

I just recently made script that places around 200 supply crates (with createvehicle) across the Altis island and the question I have is does it make the multiplayer lag to have so many crates?

In singleplayer I didn't notice any lag but I wonder what is the case with MP, any one knows?

What I could do is spawn and despawn the crates when player is near. This way only max 10 crates would be spawned in the mission at a time. But I do not know if this is necessary.

thx!

200 eh. Maybe you might have lag during the spawning. You could spawn randomly placed triggers that fire when a certian side is near to spawn your crates. But I would check the server and your local rpt first.

Dub

2 hours ago, gc8 said:

Hi

I just recently made script that places around 200 supply crates (with createvehicle) across the Altis island and the question I have is does it make the multiplayer lag to have so many crates?

In singleplayer I didn't notice any lag but I wonder what is the case with MP, any one knows?

What I could do is spawn and despawn the crates when player is near. This way only max 10 crates would be spawned in the mission at a time. But I do not know if this is necessary.

thx!

As long as you do not spawn them all at once it shouldn't really matter.

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

As long as you do not spawn them all at once it shouldn't really matter.

They are all spawned at start. It takes a little time but I'm not worried about the spawn time, just the overall performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gc8 said:

They are all spawned at start

Hello there gc8 !

The more lag , will be generally , when using large numbers of units and waypoints.

Prefere , if you haven't already to use when spawning objects  CAN_COLLIDE as @phronk here , check:

• Like 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Isn't CAN_COLLIDE only useful when spawning and not after that?

thx!

• Like 1

I like playing survival missions so,

i always have a lot spawned objects in the map  3000 (thousand) , in an very old laptop that is working just at the minimum requirements and playing without a problem.

But as i said before the whole thing is not that steady objects , but the moving units.

• Thanks 1

the crates are considered as vehicles since they are created with CreateVehicle command. I'd assume they wont take much bandwith as they are mostly static...

• Like 1