UnlixGhost

Couldn you add a metric for knowing ping?

Can you add a counter or meter of the ping of the server we are connected/connecting to?

11 hours ago, UnlixGhost said:

Can you add a counter or meter of the ping of the server we are connected/connecting to?

A clear numbers XX ms to server is a preference. I dunno what's up with that often we see those green or red or whatever bars for whatever reason, and you can't tell what it indicates. While on PC it's always XX ms. Is the assumption that console players are so stupid that they don't know what Ping means? Hope not...

Well lately we have seen proper Ping indication like in RS: Siege, Darwin Project etc...however they had dropped it in Darwin Project and I was pointing out in their Discord at some point that why you drop good stuff from console version? After a little while it was visible there also on console version. Good information, it can tell you if you have a connection problem before you even join a game...it's always painful to first join game and then realize your other Xbox is downloading 30 G update for PUBG or whatever...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GimbleFIN_ said:

A clear numbers XX ms to server is a preference. I dunno what's up with that often we see those green or red or whatever bars for whatever reason, and you can't tell what it indicates. While on PC it's always XX ms. Is the assumption that console players are so stupid that they don't know what Ping means? Hope not...

Well lately we have seen proper Ping indication like in RS: Siege, Darwin Project etc...however they had dropped it in Darwin Project and I was pointing out in their Discord ..... why you drop good stuff from console version? Good information, it can tell you if you have a connection problem before you even join a game...

I shortened your quote just so we can focus on the fact that you're right. Console gamers tend to receive less useful info for self-diagnostics. We sure could benefit from Tx: NN ms Rx: NN ms. Or ↕️60:70 ms. Some variation that let's us know what the in-game connection metric is. 

That would help determine if you need to exit that current session. Geo-Fencing users based on either ping as a metric or originating block IP address (regional) would be good as well.