zealous9065

Need script to make third person toggle-able in Project Argo

Project Argo runs nearly like Arma, making the use of scripts possible for custom missions.

Third person view was not intended to be used in Argo, however it is possibly accessible using this script:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown",{
	if ((_this select 1) == 156) then {//I'm using 156 to represent "Enter" on NumPad
			while {true} do {//Must loop constantly or 3rd person will disable
			player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"; sleep 0.0005;
		};

};

}];

I'd like it so that this particular script is "Toggle-able" or enabled/disabled via one key-press, rather than to hold the key down continuously in order for it to do its job ....

If anyone has the decent script-expertise and would like to share with me a finished version of what I want, I'd appreciate it!

P.S. I would also like a script that allows one to access/open "BIS_fnc_arsenal" anywhere using a specific keyboard key, much like the way to activate third person view, but using the "home" key on NumPad (DIK code 199) instead.

Best of regards.

onEachFrame {player switchCamera (["EXTERNAL","INTERNAL"] select !viewMode)} ;
(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown",{ 
 if ((_this select 1) == 156) then {viewMode = !viewMode}  
}];

Modded your post.

Note: can't ADS.

Greetings POLPOX,

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried your script on Project Argo and it didn't work, however I'm sure it would've worked on Arma 3 assuming that your script swaps between 2 states, "External" and "Internal" mode (which the intention of allowing 3rd person to be toggle-able was what I wanted, cheers!).

However I forgot to exaggerate on one important note (which was displayed on line 3 of the OP's script) is that Argo forcefully places the player in "Internal" mode consistently, as the remedy I've found for this was to loop the "External" command consistently with a sleep of 0.0005 to reduce lag, as it is almost like a constant battle for which view mode your unit stays in.

It sucks, but that's how Argo runs unfortunately - however I do appreciate your time nonetheless, as it is very understandable that Argo isn't meant to be played in ways that Arma can!

Edited by zealous9065
grammar

zealous9065 did you get the script to work with some edits?