Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Medina

VSM mods are gone?

So I was using the VSM all-in-one gear pack, you know, hats, vests, backpacks, etc. Well, it seems to have disappeared. I checked, and sure enough it's missing from the Steam Workshop. Removed by author.

What gives? And since when can a guy delete something from my computer that I'm using? I had a whole bunch of custom loadout Syrian troops using the woodland camo stuff. Now they have no gear at all.

Please see the last post at the following link: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/217488-project-zenithvsm/?page=35

And since when can a guy delete something from my computer that I'm using?

That is handled by Steam, not by VSM. The mods you subscribe to are unsubscribed when they are removed from the workshop. This has been the case since Day 1. 

• Like 4

Ok I'm sick of gear mods dissappearing. Now the YuE gear mod is gone. Once again a bunch of custom units I made are now naked pretty much. This is bullshit.

Isn't that just your fault?  You took the lazy option to subscribe to mods via steam.  If you had manually downloaded them you wouldn't have had this problem.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 4:15 AM, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

The mods you subscribe to are unsubscribed when they are removed from the workshop.

This sums up the issue.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:42 AM, stanhope said:

You took the lazy option to subscribe to mods via steam.

There nothing lazy about subscribing to content on steam workshop, its a faster more efficient option to acquiring content for the game.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:27 AM, Dallas Medina said:

Ok I'm sick of gear mods dissappearing. Now the YuE gear mod is gone. Once again a bunch of custom units I made are now naked pretty much. This is bullshit.

So it seems you had this issue before and knew that's what happens when steam content is removed by a mod author correct?

The only bullshit you should be complaining about here is you failing to take measures on backing up your mods.

Mod authors will do what they will, its their creation, they have no ties to anyone, they owe you nothing.

A suggestion for you is to make a mod folder and copy n paste all the mods you use for your loadouts from steam workshop folder into the mod folder

and play with that it will also act as your backup too, and or download mods from armaholic.

Shit happens and its the best teacher if your listening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1