icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Southeast Angola 1974

1 hour ago, Nichols said:

I can't wait to make a for real ALiVE mission with some custom objectives that you as a player have to patrol to find....maybe setup some triggers that will give bearings and distance like a sighting report coming in over the radio...hmmmmm.

Custom Objectives should work for now. Haven’t had a chance to DL the map yet. Are there enough buildings placed to justify a proper ALiVE index, or will it need to be all Custom Objectives regardless?

If we’re talking dozens of buildings, an index probably wouldn’t matter. If it’s much more than that, yeah I’ll index it. Let me know.

EDIT: It’s been brought to my attention Custom Objectives may not work anymore on unindexed maps (they used to and should but it’s possible something changed). I’ll try to index it ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks Fantastic!!

Gives me Tonal flashbacks!!

• Like 1

Map is looking good, not a fan of some of the old trees though :(

THANKS Icebreakr! Always good for a surprise!

Perfect map for weaponary before 1985.

- Flat (almost 2D warfare only if one does not own any airbourne assets)

- no place to hide (well, few dry bushes & trees)

- no bullet-proof cover

Indeed it could be interesting to simulate low-tech warfare on such terrain. As soon as one side can efford a 1k$ drone, the game is over.

Orchestered maneuvering of low-tech assets could bring victory.

Playing with full year 2035 A3 weaponary is rather boring.

20 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Custom Objectives should work for now. Haven’t had a chance to DL the map yet. Are there enough buildings placed to justify a proper ALiVE index, or will it need to be all Custom Objectives regardless?

If we’re talking dozens of buildings, an index probably wouldn’t matter. If it’s much more than that, yeah I’ll index it. Let me know.

EDIT: It’s been brought to my attention Custom Objectives may not work anymore on unindexed maps (they used to and should but it’s possible something changed). I’ll try to index it ASAP.

There are less than 10 buildings that I am aware of. There are a few around the airfield and a couple of huts here and there. Everything else will have to be placed in the editor.

• Like 1

Here's the map index which you can use with ALiVE until the next release is out. Place the X folder inside your mission's root folder (where the mission.sqm is. Put it in the same place) and ALiVE will pick up the index automatically. https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvwju67zwtq31o/seangola.zip?dl=0 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.1 is around the corner with the following changes:

- improved satellite image (darker lighting, more realistic)
- added 4th waterhole
- dirt paths / aka roads are visible now (for easier navigation)
- description text changed

What still remains is a LOD dissapearing / flickering of huts... dunno what is the cause of that. Any ideas guys?

• Like 6

Finally, hut issue has been fixed (improper skeleton in model.cfg caused map placed objects to have no option to open/close doors, but editor placed ones worked) so v1.1 is coming in few hours!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Uploading to Steam as I type this. I spent another full day on bugfixing some really annoying stuff... so, here it is:

Changelog 1.1
- improved satellite image (more realistic look)
- fixed huts that even have openable doors now (tnx to buddy Sahbazz!)
- almost 1.9 million objects placed
- added 4th waterhole
- removed some traffic-blocking vegetation
- dirt paths / aka roads are visible now (for easier navigation)
- removed rather large boulder from the runway
- added more paths for AI to travel
- removed annoying white pixels on road intersections
- description text changed

Enjoy ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I found built up areas, three with huts, one with two huts and the big one, I dub No Name (Без Имени) with six huts and a nearby watering hole.

With help of Jakes, I'll probably add one more version of the map (Present Day) with several settlements.

• Like 4

hi,

Icebreakr , can you indicate the names of the airports of the map? I have counted two: one to the south and an improvised zone to the northeast. It is to land on one or the other according to the mission.

BR.

Atomic Boy

Hi,

After several tests with the instruction plane1 assignToAirport 0, plane1 assignToAirport 1, ... the southern airport is the only functional one.

BR

Atomic Boy

Edited by AtomicBoy

Hello,

icebreakr, Is it possible to add an airport to the north of the map?

Thanks and best regards

AtomicBoy

Update 1.3 coming to Southeast Angola 1974:

- moved old airport to NW part of the map

- added Fort Rev at the old location with the runway.

What is Fort Rev?

Fort_Rev_-SE_Angola.png?width=1188&heigh

Fort Rev was situated in Ondangwa in Owamboland in the former South West Africa, (now Namibia).
Initially, Fort Rev was named Fort Vrede, (Afrikaans for Fort Peace). However, after the transfer to Fort Vrede of a very strict Operator as Officer Commanding, the Operators stationed there began to experience quite a strict regime and were chased around frequently. In the South African Special Forces jargon, this was referred to as "getting revved". As it became generally known in the Special Forces Regiments at this time that a transfer to that particular Fort would entail getting "revved" quite frequently, the name was changed - first informally and then formally - to Fort Rev.

Fort Rev was the permanent base of 5.1 Commando, a sub-unit of 5 Reconnaissance Regiment. It was used by the other Commandos of 5 Reconnaissance Regiment, and the other Special Forces Regiments, as an operational base for launching operations into Angola and areas of Owamboland, where Operators would gather prior to launching operations and return to for debriefings after operations.

The unmarried Operators from 5.1 Commando, who were based at Fort Rev lived inside the base, while the married Operators from 5.1 Commando and their families lived in accommodation inside the towns of Ondangwa and Oshakati.

Special thanks to Johan to bringing the FOB "to life".

• Like 3

In-game shot, it will get in with latest update this week:

fort_rev.jpg

And "old" airport is now on Northwest:
old_port.jpg

• Like 9

On 6/24/2019 at 11:01 PM, linx77 said:

Do the maps support ALIVE?

That is more of the question for ALIVE mod makers. We have disabled Alive on our dedicated as the AntiStasi mission is not working with it.

hi I have some irregularities that I have noticed in a mission on the map

n9puC2D.jpgRs20Qr3.jpg

4XFAvnQ.jpgdyZMbpE.jpg

nTmlBzf.jpgsxLYLLA.jpg

JKXzhOu.jpgdZFxfVw.jpg

• Like 1

Yo @icebreakr can u please upload the southeast angola map in a single file?The angola maps pack is too large for me to download as I'm using a limited internet connection. 

On 8/19/2019 at 12:06 PM, GamerOnkel said:

hi I have some irregularities that I have noticed in a mission on the map

Will fix asap!