bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

Since my post got deleted i ask again ? Is there any news about the progress on katya and maybe an ETA ?

19 minutes ago, El' Rabito said:

Since my post got deleted i ask again ? Is there any news about the progress on katya and maybe an ETA ?

Your post was probably deleted because you asked what you are asking which is against the rules.

We post that info when and if we feel like it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, El' Rabito said:

You previous post was deleted, as asking for news is considered spam here - https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam

Now lets return to the topic in hand.

• Like 2

Well then its my mistake, must have read over this part of the rules. Thanks for pointing it out :upside:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@bludski Apologies if you're already aware of this, but there seems to be some unfinished terrain at [4297.51,1082.19,0]:

oqwxzxr.jpg

Love the little base that's built into some rock that I found (then lost) too. Hard to believe there's even more fantastic detail fitting into this compared with the original PKL 👍

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

@bludski ......stuff....

Thanks but I am aware of every single issue :3 no need to report. Unfinished means merely unfinished 🙂

• Thanks 1

So @bludski I want to report this problem right here, maybe you are already aware  https://streamable.com/qnp481

For some context, I have exactly 38 units placed in that area, 19 on each row. As you will see in the video, when I look at that area (1500 viewdistance) I get ~35 fps. Now the odd thing is this only happens on this map (Prei Khmaoch Luong), every other map is just fine. Also as you can notice in the video, if I start deleting units there's a point where it goes from ~35 to 120, instantly. We played a mission on this map today, totally different one, and we had a problem where looking at a particular degree angle caused us to drop in frames like this, totally not related to server or client performance. Anybody knows about this problem and what might be causing it? Again, I tried this very same setup on other maps and I get 120 solid fps no matter what, so I'm already assuming the map here has something to do with it. Notice the fps counter in the bottom left.

I tried without mods and the issue still remains. Thanks for your attention and for that awesome map!

• Like 1

Love the Vidda map, Is it possible to have it snow instead of rain on Vidda? Not a blizzard mod,  just change the rain to snow?

• Like 3

On 2/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Love the Vidda map, Is it possible to have it snow instead of rain on Vidda? Not a blizzard mod,  just change the rain to snow?

The map is set in summer and it wouldn't snow. If it was a winter map, everything would be buried in meters of snow. This is what roads look like in the real area in the winter:Hoye-broytekanter-NRK.jpg?auto=format,co

The snow on vidda is what doesn't get time to melt during summer.

• Like 6

Imagine tank battle in such an environment... It would have been a truly thrilling experience! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello @bludski,

i want to ask you for your permission to pack your map "PKL LEGACY VERSION" and "VIDDA | LEGACY VERSION" to an private Map's Pack for my Unit.
Proper Credits, Disclaimer and a Link will be given.
The mod itself will be unlisted.

14 hours ago, KriniX said:

Hello @bludski,

i want to ask you for your permission to pack your map "PKL LEGACY VERSION" and "VIDDA | LEGACY VERSION" to an private Map's Pack for my Unit.
Proper Credits, Disclaimer and a Link will be given.
The mod itself will be unlisted.

No. That is what a collection is for.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:39 PM, GamerOnkel said:

will there be a new version of Vidda or a new map in the Region?

Time will tell. Since I started working at BI, and there is only so much creative energy to spend, it all goes into work. Work hasn't ended in the RHS terrain basement however and we have @cring0 on board to take over for me a little. More about that later.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hahahaha if we do know anything at all about BI future plans...the maps we will fight on will be moist xD

• Haha 6

On 3/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, bludski said:

Time will tell. Since I started working at BI, and there is only so much creative energy to spend, it all goes into work. Work hasn't ended in the RHS terrain basement however and we have @cring0 on board to take over for me a little. More about that later.

This will be so much Amazing! I want to marrie (RHS)Katya! So falling in love with this terrain! Thank you Blud. 😄

• Haha 1

Re; Summer in Vidda, surely it would snow on the mountains, snow rather than rain at high altitudes yes?

On 3/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Re; Summer in Vidda, surely it would snow on the mountains, snow rather than rain at high altitudes yes?

Are you trying to teach me how the weather works where I grew up?

It is not the ice age..... 

I just explained how it works above. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

Blud, at first I honestly thought that photo of a path cut through the snow was something you'd made in-game 😂 It wouldn't have surprised me to be honest, the actual map looks great.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, beno_83au said:

at first I honestly thought that photo of a path cut through the snow was something you'd made in-game 😂 It wouldn't have surprised me to be honest, the actual map looks great.

same here 😄 The second look at shadows revealed the truth to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would make something like that if it was possible. The whole landscape is quite different in the winter but alas, without proper snow tech in the engine, the spent effort is wasted time for me.

?image=%252Fdmsimgs%252FA35EBBAB48BBCB20

From the same area. It is quite different when covered in tens of meters of snow.

6853_view.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

4435728742_93ea6f75f4_o.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Note the distant cliffs in the pic above with the red jacket. same ones as below in the summer.

hiking-hardangervidda.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 8