bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

3 minutes ago, k4ble said:

idk about this one, i would like to see this first before i concider buying it.

+ I know some ppl in our Arma group will refuse to buy this (as this is a purchasable "mod"), so we wouldnt be able to use this for missions.

And would this mean Prei Khmaoch Luong would become dependend on this as wel ? i thought you onces spoke of creating a dependency

yourself that was used for all your maps (like Cup Core for example).

There is very little in GM that could be used on PKL so no, it will only rely on the TERRACORE mod which yes, all my terrains will also require from next updates. Setting this up is the only big thing left before PKL is coming.

• Like 5

I'm loving your maps bud. If I could make a request for PKL, which I'm not sure if there's a workaround, but I'm having issues transferring the mod via FTP because of the unusual characters in the mod name. I was wondering if there's a way to make it work or if you are able to get rid of the characters.

Just rename the folder -.-

• Like 2

Nothing. that vidda will never ever be updated.

• Like 1

Said it before but FTR saying it again. My terrains will require ALL and ANY coming DLC with content appropriate for the settings.

Vidda will be updated with GM dlc requirement for splendid new vegetation and structures. Katya will also require it.

PKL will require any future DLC that offers something for that settings should one appear.

The current version of Vidda on steam will NEVER be updated. New version with dlc requirement will get it's own WS page.

Vidda was actually started long ago when mondkalb told me he was working on the map for GM dlc. I would have informed of this earlier but obviously. It was secret up until last week.

The vidda version currently up, will not be maintained as I overwrite the sourcefiles and can't be arsed keeping iterations sititng around so if BI does something that breaks it, tough luck. Get the real version (which may or may not be coming soon ;))

• Like 22

Hu5yI16.jpg

1cTiSuh.jpg

GmjOGCZ.jpg

c0QBiZX.jpg

S5nVnHD.jpg

DQqsAml.jpg

tq9XZkr.jpg

cTriBRZ.jpg

d38Y67n.jpg

6yYWniZ.jpg

V1mZsLi.jpg

B6MLOox.jpg

x2pcAme.jpg

RxUBS3F.jpg

N68QzhL.jpg

ITz9gKR.jpg

g8SHInk.jpg

35dKvGT.jpg

wCGesMG.jpg

f9QCXqO.jpg

uTsZzdh.jpg

M6n9RTG.jpg

Started using GM veg and structures.. ALPHA soon? probably.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Great stuff. Any new pictures of PKL though? 😍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fanatic72 said:

Great stuff. Any new pictures of PKL though? 😍

I don't know anything aobut no PKL but I like your signature image 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Question: will the Prei Khmaoch Luong-version on steam be updated or will there be a new steam-release with the new update like with Vidda?

The PKL version on steam will be updated. It won't require any dlc and most likely your old missions will work with easy to no  adjustment.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, bludski said:

The PKL version on steam will be updated. It won't require any dlc and most likely your old missions will work with easy to no  adjustment.

Great news! Will get started on the last phase of the campaign I'm working on for my group then. 🙂 (last few missions will take place in Prei), keep up the good work man!

• Like 2

ftYI2zo.jpg

XyYwbZK.jpg

j6T1RyJ.jpg

7jrCtJO.jpg

EeeP2M5.jpg

OLxg567.jpg

TCjgcd0.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Special blend: 

• Like 18

I've gotten in the habit of checking this daily at work because I'm so damned excited to see what comes of all this, it is all looking very good! I look forward to doing a little mission building in this environment. Also very excited for that Vidda update, I absolutely fell in love with that map. 

• Like 1

Not the biggest fan of those white Altis office buildings but other than that it looks amazing. The weferlingen vegetation is doing wonders to the overall visual quality.

I agree...the DLC vegetation looks pretty good and makes a real difference....but to be honest this will not work without custom russian soviet aera building blocks and some typical russian village buildings in the mix.

original

1200px-RailwayportMurmansk.JPG

murmansk-russian-orthodox.jpg

Umba-DSCF8840.jpg

not complaining...just my thoughts...would even donate some money to get proper buildings

cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TBH. If you appreciate my work you can consider donating on the merit of that and the up until now thousands of hours I put into this.

I work with what I got.

Tons of time goes into this and I spend it where it interests me which is making a playable map with what I got.

My going rate for architectural viz is 100 euros per hour.

Modeling buildings for Arma is NOT something I consider entertaining. Wonder why almost all custom buildings are poor and nobody does it??

I would donate if X if you do Y is the opposite of inspiring...

Donate if you appreciate my efforts. I'm not a donkey you can pull with a carrot.

Not that suggestions aren't cool or anything :3 Just going to have to see what appears over time..

Edited by bludski
I suck at the wordery, only can with the pixels.
  • Like 10

Katya grew a little. Four times as large now.

yugSGr9.jpg

bISIFDd.jpg

05aJV3H.jpg

ue1HsQf.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Mondkalb and GalComT might want to buy you a beer because I expect this map will drive quite a few GM sales (assuming of course some optional/unpaid DLC deliverable doesn't materialize).

• Haha 1